Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Hi Mr Langvatn im currently 10 competitive game into my new save with Liverpool and my tactic still aint fluid. As soon as i reached my 1st Euro Cup game i changed my training to Balanced/Average/Def Positioning. My record so far is Played 10 - Won 6 - Lost 3 - Drew 1. Shall i change my training back to Team Cohesion/Very High/Tactics Only. until my tactic is fully fluid?

Hi Mr Langvatn im currently 10 competitive game into my new save with Liverpool and my tactic still aint fluid. As soon as i reached my 1st Euro Cup game i changed my training to Balanced/Average/Def Positioning. My record so far is Played 10 - Won 6 - Lost 3 - Drew 1. Shall i change my training back to Team Cohesion/Very High/Tactics Only. until my tactic is fully fluid?

Your season is kinda ****** already if u want great results. Need more friendly matches to get the tactic fluid then :) But ye, keep tactics ony/team cohesion until its close to fully fluid. You could still win the EPL, but gonna be harder with 3 early losses :p

Last edited:
Started a game with FC Twente and will use your classic edition. Let's see how this goes.. will try to post a screenshot after 10 games.

Gonna try this with AS Nancy since i just got fired at AS Roma so well im in November

EDIT; Just played first match with the 442 classic i had 12 shots and opp(Evian) 2 and when i came to the AS Nancy they were at 19th! And Evian at 10 so seems promosing

Last edited:
After some minor testing, I have now uploaded a 5-2-2-1 version of the tactic. Would appreciate more testers on it :)

Defensve Positioning isn't doing so hot right now lol. I mostly prefer Def. Set pieces, but for testing purposes ill rock with the Def. Positioning.

Defensve Positioning isn't doing so hot right now lol. I mostly prefer Def. Set pieces, but for testing purposes ill rock with the Def. Positioning.

Def pos makes the team score much more though. I dont use it for the defensive purpose. I use it to sometimes get the ball high in the field while the other team is out of balance.

Def pos makes the team score much more though. I dont use it for the defensive purpose. I use it to sometimes get the ball high in the field while the other team is out of balance.

Last 2 games I just lost them and lost to Dortmund when they only had 1 shot on goal out of 2 and I was home :/

Last 2 games I just lost them and lost to Dortmund when they only had 1 shot on goal out of 2 and I was home :/

You have to see the season as a whole and not singular games. This game is all about RNG. If you play the same match 10 times, all of them will be different.

Tried the 5-2-3 for five games on my save now. It scores less than the 4-4-2, but I haven't conceded any goals so far with it. Will keep testing for the rest of the season :)

Last edited:
9 matches played with the 5-2-3. Starting to fall in love with that formation... conceded 1 goal in the nine matches..

View attachment 341925View attachment 341927

These are the next 11 games. Pretty good, but very, very disappointed with the Dortmund loss. Also, currently where I stand in the league which is very good with 37 goals and only 6 allowed

Try the 5-2-3 next season? :) I use that in my second season with Liverpool, and daaaamn it's solid...

And let's face it: It's fun buying strikers :D

Last edited:
curious the types of players wanted for the 5-2-3?

The wingbacks should be strong offensively, one defensive type midfielder and one attack minded. The striker in the middle is a poacher type. the two other strikers are supporting the middle one and staying a little more back. These need more creativity. But all three positions are capable of scoring goals, so all should have good finishing skills.

The wingbacks should be strong offensively, one defensive type midfielder and one attack minded. The striker in the middle is a poacher type. the two other strikers are supporting the middle one and staying a little more back. These need more creativity. But all three positions are capable of scoring goals, so all should have good finishing skills.

cheers

I tried the 4231 for a few games, with def positioning for all games. Won 1-0 AC Milan in a scrappy game for the Super Cup, and drew two other away games and won one. Seems like it's not scoring enough goals and I have tried a lot of tactic all with this problem, maybe my team is the problem? Also, I seem to have a big problem of getting Suarez to score, anything I can do?

Last edited:
I tried the 4231 for a few games, with def positioning for all games. Won 1-0 AC Milan in a scrappy game for the Super Cup, and drew two other away games and won one. Seems like it's not scoring enough goals and I have tried a lot of tactic all with this problem, maybe my team is the problem? Also, I seem to have a big problem of getting Suarez to score, anything I can do?

The 4-2-3-1 is not approved though. I recommend you go with the 4-4-2 classic edition if you want instant results. Use Suarez as the right striker in the 4-4-2. :) The 4-2-3-1 is in the testing phase :)