Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Why? Just take a look at the 629 pages

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I don't think I will be buying FM15 at all if they continue using the FM14 tactic creation system. Will keep playing FM13 and manually update the teams I guess :p

Mr langvatn can your triple tweak tactics work with higher rated teams or are you best to use the rock classic?

Mr langvatn can your triple tweak tactics work with higher rated teams or are you best to use the rock classic?

Sorry to **** in here, but I feel the question asked is simple to answer - according to Langvatn his best tactic is
4-5-1 trippletweak so the better players for the trippletweak the more consistant overall

Rule of thumb - Any tactic:
Better players=Better Player Performances - simple logic

What jesaustralia said :)

However, if you want to score more goals, use the 4-4-2 tripletweak over the 4-5-1. It's not better, just higher scoring (while the 4-5-1 is obviously less conceding). Rock Classic works wonders too. I had 70-2 goal diff first 20 games with Bayern first season with Rock Classic. All these three tactics work with any team, and the better players you have, the better results you get.

Hi Mr. Langvatn

I read an older post that I found very interesting and that made me think a little different towards tactics - Its about how to look at passing styles. Now I don't remember how your tactics are setup exactly towards passing and tempo, but it could be interesting to play around with it in already consistant tactics. I'm playing around with it already with marcelo's tactic and it seems very promising.

Here's the link - Click Here

**** I'm just gonna paste it below here
Montanaro said:

Passing style only affects the range at which players are allowed to look for a pass.

Think of passing style as a circle around the player which indicates his range. The longer the passing style, the larger the circle. The shorter the passing style the smaller the circle.

Tempo is what dictates how attack minded the passes are. A slow tempo will see players pass back more; a quick tempo will see them play the ball forward.

Generally you want a longer passing style with a higher tempo as it gives players a large passing area for them to find a player in an attacking position.

I want the players to be forward thinking in their passing style so in marcelo's tactic which is a tactic that have scored alot of goals in some saves, but in my opinion its actually a little defensive according to the above post by Montanaro I edited his tempo to maximum and individually looked at players positions and decided how much range each players should look for I imagined the players deeper on the pitch and further up on the pitch in each position and basically gave them minimum mixed passing and maximum first notch of direct. The results have been stunning so far, but the play as well. I can even say that players don't get tired that much even though the tempo slider is maxed out.

For me this is an experiment and I treat it as such, I'm not trying to say that Marcelo's tactic is not working, its working great I'm just interested in improving whats already very good. So if you are ever coming back to FM13 I will recommend doing some experiments maybe on your old success tactics or new ones that you maybe create. I think its quite interesting, for me a new way of looking at the sliders but in all honesty not very clear in terms of understanding them. Now I feel I have to research all the sliders to get a whole picture.

Cheers pal!

Hi Mr. Langvatn

I read an older post that I found very interesting and that made me think a little different towards tactics - Its about how to look at passing styles. Now I don't remember how your tactics are setup exactly towards passing and tempo, but it could be interesting to play around with it in already consistant tactics. I'm playing around with it already with marcelo's tactic and it seems very promising.

Here's the link - Click Here

**** I'm just gonna paste it below here
Montanaro said:

Passing style only affects the range at which players are allowed to look for a pass.

Think of passing style as a circle around the player which indicates his range. The longer the passing style, the larger the circle. The shorter the passing style the smaller the circle.

Tempo is what dictates how attack minded the passes are. A slow tempo will see players pass back more; a quick tempo will see them play the ball forward.

Generally you want a longer passing style with a higher tempo as it gives players a large passing area for them to find a player in an attacking position.

I want the players to be forward thinking in their passing style so in marcelo's tactic which is a tactic that have scored alot of goals in some saves, but in my opinion its actually a little defensive according to the above post by Montanaro I edited his tempo to maximum and individually looked at players positions and decided how much range each players should look for I imagined the players deeper on the pitch and further up on the pitch in each position and basically gave them minimum mixed passing and maximum first notch of direct. The results have been stunning so far, but the play as well. I can even say that players don't get tired that much even though the tempo slider is maxed out.

For me this is an experiment and I treat it as such, I'm not trying to say that Marcelo's tactic is not working, its working great I'm just interested in improving whats already very good. So if you are ever coming back to FM13 I will recommend doing some experiments maybe on your old success tactics or new ones that you maybe create. I think its quite interesting, for me a new way of looking at the sliders but in all honesty not very clear in terms of understanding them. Now I feel I have to research all the sliders to get a whole picture.

Cheers pal!

Sounds like you are about to go into the kind of research I was doing all that year :) I've clocked in about 1800 hours experimenting with sliders and testing :) Good luck mate :)

So that is what tempo means? Slow tempo means they are less likely to pass forward compare to fast tempo? I thought this is the time-wasting slider? (sorry if I appear gullible)

So that is what tempo means? Slow tempo means they are less likely to pass forward compare to fast tempo? I thought this is the time-wasting slider? (sorry if I appear gullible)

Nope, tempo is not about time-wasting :) And yes, jesaustralia is correct :)

I'm going to try FMC for the first time, Mr Langvatn. Which are the two best tactics for that kind of Football Manager? Thanks...

Rock classic tc i think it is, also w4nker done a tweak which was amazing

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

22 games unbeaten with media prediction to finish dead last with a swedish team. Tactic is 4141. I was using a different one, things weren't going great. Switched to yours........:O

edit: For sure you have done a fantastic work into this. It seem like all the sudden, players are playing smoothly!

Last edited:
either i gave up on fm14 or it just me,i kept this fm 13 along side with these 2 tactics,still beast which not also make my switzerland team reach european cup's final but dominating club competition with ac milan..
i had headache with fm14 since there is no consistency and all things goes down to randomness..

Those of you who still play FM13 should try out this one :)

Will look into this one! - is this an offspring of 451 tripple tweak or the 4-4-2?

Do you have any results with it?

What match prep do you use?

looking forward to look at it cheers

Will look into this one! - is this an offspring of 451 tripple tweak or the 4-4-2?

Do you have any results with it?

What match prep do you use?

looking forward to look at it cheers

It's an offspring of the 4-4-2 tripletweak. I haven't been able to do extensive testing yet, other than testing when tweaking in some reference matches i have picked out (against hard opponents). I use match prep defensive positioning, but I haven't experimented at all with it, so it might be better with att.pos or others.

I never attend those meetings at all. They all suck at giving advice :p
Oh I'm really sorry.... I meant to say: When I tell my assistant manager to "pick my team" he plays Ibra at Inside Forward.... Matuidi at STCL.... and Cavani at DMCL. I am pretty sure your formation doesn't want the players I stated at those formations....

Oh I'm really sorry.... I meant to say: When I tell my assistant manager to "pick my team" he plays Ibra at Inside Forward.... Matuidi at STCL.... and Cavani at DMCL. I am pretty sure your formation doesn't want the players I stated at those formations....

Ah, I know what your problem is. You must click on "pick as starting tactic" or something like that :)