My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
I give my vote for Option C as well.

I also had a suggestion. Take the bottom two teams off in each group and merge them into two (2) conferences.

What this achieves is:

Increased number of games (From the original 18 we go to a 22 game season which reduces variance, is not too hard on you - only 4 extra games per team. Plus you're always running out of tactics to test so this would go on a little longer)
More head-to-head match-ups (With four teams in eachgroup we get to see more head to head action. We will see who is truly a contender and who is simply a pretender. Also more fun for those involved and it gives defensive tactics a chance to showcase their giant killing credentials.
Nowhere left to hide (The increased standard of the competition would mean that there's no more slipping by in a "weak group" and a truly outstanding tactic is sure to stand out. Also the custom team is somewhat "all-star" in my opinion and it needs the competition to match.
Less "Group toughness" debate and arduous data crunching. (with only two groups I think the debate about which group is tougher will significantly decrease.)

I think that the top 3 teams from each group should go to a play-off as well as the next-two teams with the highest point total, regardless of group. That way you can have 5 teams from one group make it if they have been really dominant. Again this is to avoid "unworthy" teams going to the play-offs.

Anyone on board with my suggestion?

to come up with the optimum solution i would suggest a linear programming system on excel. as an accountant this would be good to use.

ROUND 7: RESULTS UPDATE!

ROUND 7 ENTRY:
A Quilo (4 2 4 맨유 완전체 파이널 (Málaga, Jan 2011)
B Jibbers (4-2-3-1Jose Mourinho's RM (R. Madrid, Oct 2012)
C Maxy 2 (The Invincibles (Juventus, Oct 2011)
D El Magico (mou's4231_41221 (Parma, Oct 2011)
E Hancur 2 (Tottenham 4-2-3-1 (Tottenham, Jun 2013)
F T-mo (Anderlecht_5 (Anderlecht, Sep 2016)
G Scotsman (Interdasting_V1_12.04_(Everton,_Nov_2011)
H Xenon 2 (XeNoN's_4-2-4_v1.00_(Man_Utd,_Dec_2011)

THE LEAGUE:
QX1iu.png

THE CUP:
szFyt.png

HEAD TO HEAD:
XAU7w.png

SOME MATCHES:
View attachment 212265View attachment 212266View attachment 212267View attachment 212269View attachment 212270View attachment 212271View attachment 212272View attachment 212273View attachment 212268

Last edited:
Regarding our discussion for the coming 12.1 format (started from POST #425, page 43)

I’m looking at 2 concrete ideas here:
1st​ – ****’s Option C (POST #428, page 43) same format, change the composition
2nd​ – Tk’s suggestion of new format (POST #437, page 44) make it 2 bigger leagues

Now, I can do any of these.. They sure are great ideas. So, which one do you guys think is the best solution??

Btw, Koflok’s input on extra screenies (POST #439, page 44) will be done from now on. As long as I don’t forget to do it. : ))

Where can I download this El Magico (mou's4231_41221 (Parma, Oct 2011)?

Is it me or are the standard of tactics a lot poorer than ever before this year? Seems like you are no closer to finding the best tactic than you were at the start of this experiment??? Not one tactic has dominated and nearly always end up getting knocked out sooner or later. It's a pain in the **** for lazy b*****ds like me who have no clue how to make tactics an jus play for a laugh becoz there are zero world class tactics and has made this years fm a HUGE let down for me personally, although I do admire you for your work and if you were a player on fm would certainly be a 'tireless midfielder' lol.

Well if you are starting a new one my tactic would be happy to join in!

Regarding our discussion for the coming 12.1 format (started from POST #425, page 43)

I’m looking at 2 concrete ideas here:
1st​ – ****’s Option C (POST #428, page 43) same format, change the composition
2nd​ – Tk’s suggestion of new format (POST #437, page 44) make it 2 bigger leagues

Now, I can do any of these.. They sure are great ideas. So, which one do you guys think is the best solution??

Btw, Koflok’s input on extra screenies (POST #439, page 44) will be done from now on. As long as I don’t forget to do it. : ))

I prefer TK's suggestion.

Seeing how the current format - regardless of the composition or grouping - there will always be debate which group is stronger.
With just 2 leagues, the whole 'which group is stronger' debate thing should be less.

Just an input. I think we should keep in 1 or 2 'weak' teams in each group instead of eliminating the bottom 2 as TK suggested
I remember something about you mentioned earlier that last year's testing with all the opposition being strong teams becomes more irrelevant since IRL there would be some matches against weak teams. It enables tactic who really can destroy the weak oppositions to showcase its ability or something.

So instead of eliminating the bottom 2 teams, maybe eliminate the middle 2 teams instead.
Each group probably would have something like 2 big teams (City, MU, Barca, Madrid), 4 middle teams (to be decided), and 2 weak teams (PSV, Genoa, Malaga, and SLB)

I've drawn up something that's 'statistically fair'.

Team A,B,C
MU
Madrid
___
Chelsea
Milan
Marseille
Napoli
__
PSV
SLB

Team D,E,F
City
Barca
___
Bayern
Inter
Liverpool
Villareal
___
Genoa
Malaga

Just my 2 cents

which tactic is best in 12.0.4??? I think XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 or Koflok's goal galore... true or false... Do you think? sorry my enghlish

Is it me or are the standard of tactics a lot poorer than ever before this year? Seems like you are no closer to finding the best tactic than you were at the start of this experiment??? Not one tactic has dominated and nearly always end up getting knocked out sooner or later. It's a pain in the **** for lazy b*****ds like me who have no clue how to make tactics an jus play for a laugh becoz there are zero world class tactics and has made this years fm a HUGE let down for me personally, although I do admire you for your work and if you were a player on fm would certainly be a 'tireless midfielder' lol.

thanks, I love that 'tireless midfielder' status.. not many of them lately.. :)
well, xenon's 41221 came close to domination before failed in the last trial..
there is an issue of consistency here.. other than the tactics, it could be because the game's difficulty or this testing itself..
I thinks its not entirely fair to say the standards of the tactics is lower this year, because this project itself is still under the question of validity and fairness, plus its done in plug n play style.. will try to improve on this!
also, some says this year AI teams adapting to our tactic, maybe so..

as tactic users like us, we can only hope we'll get tactic that makes our fm life easier.. ;)
and I agree about fm 12 as a let down, I personally still think fm 11 is better..
sometimes, making things too complicate is not really a good thing.. :)

which tactic is best in 12.0.4??? I think XeNoN's 4-1-2-2-1 or Koflok's goal galore... true or false... Do you think? sorry my enghlish

in early phase of this testing xenon's 41221 was the better one.. u can check on the summary on page 1..
as for koflok, I have better experience using his older version.. a real goals galore..

Back