My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
Another round down. It seems a little premature with only 2 rounds under the new system, but group C and D look very tough.I originally had group B ahead of D in terms of difficulty, but that doesn't seem to be the case.Congratulations to the winner Hancur2 - very nearly did a double.Anyone else notice that Italian clubs are dreadful in this sim?
Maybe Group B is still stronger than Group D, just because we had Hancur2 on Group B, don't make it look easier :DHancur2 was the best tactic on this round!! Too bad that my Pawn361v.Vodu was in the same group of Hancur2!

Do you mean 442 Vodu Caos 12.0 or Pawn361v.Vodu ? Anyway, you can get both from my OP in the 361 presentation.

I meant the one with the best result. Oh, sorry..Meant if you have the download link or something?:)

I meant the one with the best result. Oh, sorry..Meant if you have the download link or something?:)
Which one is it? :p Results from Round 1 to 4 are not comparable to results from Rounds 5 and 6!The best results from rounds 1-4 was achieved by Xenon, didn't had the time to compare between round 5 and 6, but at 1st sight, I would say Hancur2 did the best out of the 2 rounds!(Hancur2 also had the highest number of goals scored, from all rounds, I believe!)

Another round down. It seems a little premature with only 2 rounds under the new system, but group C and D look very tough.
I originally had group B ahead of D in terms of difficulty, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Congratulations to the winner Hancur2 - very nearly did a double.

Anyone else notice that Italian clubs are dreadful in this sim?

Italian teams are terrible in the game anyway. Both Milan teams in transition. Napoli are young and have not reached their peak. Juventus/Roma trying to get back up to European levels.

Hancur's tactic looks great by the way. Well done, very consistent too it seems.

Looking at CPU's teams performances, through rounds 1 to 4, I have concluded the following:Man Utd is/was the strongest team, with an average of 39 pts (in 18 matches played), during the rounds 1 to 4! Followed by Barcelona 2nd / Real Madrid 3rd / Man City 4th / Bayern 5th / O. Lyon 6th / Inter 7th / Chelsea 8th. This means that the Group C of rounds 5 and 6 have 4 of the best 8 cpu teams through round 1-4: Real Madrid, Lyon, Inter and Chelsea!Group C is currently (rounds 5-6) the strongest Group, followed by B, D (very close to B, but still slightly behind) and A (the easiest!).Cheers,

It seems to me like Group A is the easiest. Besides Man Utd there I don't really see a team that will beat the Custom teams.It seems that Group C is the hardest. You've got great teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter and Liverpool.From hardest to weakest I would rate groups: Group C / Group B / Group D / Group A. I expect the final positions of the custom teams to reflect that when testing is complete.
Same thoughts here :) Supported with facts! :pTotal Points achieved by CPU Teams, during Rounds 1 to 4, currently on Group C: 751 / Group B: 723 / Group D: 719 / Group A: 697.

Last edited:
where is i can download tactic "Satorox 2 (4-2-2-2_'tweak'_(Tottenham,_Feb_2012)"?

Looking at CPU's teams performances, through rounds 1 to 4, I have concluded the following:Man Utd is/was the strongest team, with an average of 39 pts (in 18 matches played), during the rounds 1 to 4! Followed by Barcelona 2nd / Real Madrid 3rd / Man City 4th / Bayern 5th / O. Lyon 6th / Inter 7th / Chelsea 8th. This means that the Group C of rounds 5 and 6 have 4 of the best 8 cpu teams through round 1-4: Real Madrid, Lyon, Inter and Chelsea!Group C is currently (rounds 5-6) the strongest Group, followed by B, D (very close to B, but still slightly behind) and A (the easiest!).Cheers,

Good Observation ****.

But I would also add that the reason Man Utd seems like the strongest teams is because of the lack of competition. They're able to pick up more points. I think Barcelona and Real Madrid would also be dominating group A as the top CPU team.

I guess we can theorize that tactics in group B are actually quite good, since they came on top in a pretty tough group.

I'm interested to see how the testing will evolve further as more info like this becomes available.

based on my experience in this testing, 41221 is the better one, it won almost everything..
but then, the 424 only 1 round, we'll see how it goes in round 7..
yeaaah, many asking me to test the 4231 too.. so it'll be done before i upgrade to 12.1
thanks for sharing! :)

Nice!

Great job you do for the community here, it is appreciated :D It really helps people like me who don't create tactics, which tactic to go for. FM Base is definitely better than SI forums when it comes to tactics and player guides. I always thought SI forums where the best for that but then I tried Xenon's 4231 on here and it's great.

Hahah :) Thanks mate :p I was looking at results and said...hmmm he said something about a record goal scoring, but dont see anything with my tct! Ah, there it is!!I am gonna use this pic on my tct presentation topic, if you don't mind :pP.S.: And I assume this tests didn't took into consideration the fact that this formation doesn't use wingbacks, and so we had less useful players than most of the teams (the wingbacks were just watching the matches, from the bench or not even being called up :D ).P.S.2: Just checked the Squad used for the tests, and noticed that there are only 8 players available for DC + DMC (4 pure Defenders, 1 DC/DMC, and 3 DMC's), which only leaves space for 3 substitute players, if there are no injuries or banned players!), as my tactic uses 3 DC and 2 DMC! :)

sure mate, no prob.. I was planning to post it in your thread anyway.. :)
you are right about the formation, if I'm not mistaken, you the first entry with 3 DCs formation.. and the wingbacks were unused.. but the players were enough to cover your formation.. I always monitor the players selections, there were 2/3 times where Isla and Fabregas forced to play as DMC as substitutes.. so far in this testing all teams first eleven are normal..

btw, I'm really impressed with your tactic, will test it again on the 12.1 format later.. I'm not done with 12.0 yet..

Back