My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2012) !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 576
  • Views Views 229K
ROUND 7 RESULTS UPDATE:

ROUND 7:
A Quilo (4 2 4 맨유 완전체 파이널 (Málaga, Jan 2011)
B Jibbers (4-2-3-1Jose Mourinho's RM (R. Madrid, Oct 2012)
C Maxy 2 (The Invincibles (Juventus, Oct 2011)
D El Magico (mou's4231_41221 (Parma, Oct 2011)
E Hancur 2 (Tottenham 4-2-3-1 (Tottenham, Jun 2013)
F T-mo (Anderlecht_5 (Anderlecht, Sep 2016)
G Scotsman (Interdasting_V1_12.04_(Everton,_Nov_2011)
H Xenon 2 (XeNoN's_4-2-4_v1.00_(Man_Utd,_Dec_2011)

THE LEAGUE:
vT6v3.png

THE CUP:
pb7VT.png

SOME MATCHES:
View attachment 212335View attachment 212338View attachment 212340View attachment 212341View attachment 212342View attachment 212343View attachment 212344View attachment 212345View attachment 212346View attachment 212339View attachment 212336View attachment 212337

Last edited:
I’m considering, Tk’s and Koflok’s suggestions (post #437 and post #459) for the new format.. I think that their ideas are fairer than the current format that I’m doing.
That’s mean I need to do some editing works.. I’m still phobia doing it! :O
But before that, we need to agree on teams composition..
Again, we wanna see if the tactics can slay the giants and destroy the flies.. so a combination of strong and few weaker teams will be nice!

Last edited:
There's something important that you are not considering... We want good tactics to play vs other good tactics or to play vs cpus ?This tests can show a bit of each, but for instance, I would like to refer to my own tactic, I was 2nd and Hancur was 1st, on my group. I had 3 losses vs 2 losses by Hancur. And I know that at least 1 of the losses was vs Hancur, and was a big one, 1-4! Did I also lost the 2nd Game, a_ilfandi? Because if I did lost the 2nd game vs Hancur, it shows that my tactic does very well vs cpu teams, and was even better than hancur's tactic in league matches! If, for a chance, hancur did beat my tactic twice, for the league matches, than I would have won more games vs cpus than hancur (for the league!).Getting more human tactics together, will loose the "vs cpu's effect", because if with 2 teams, we might not know who did better, if both team got to the top of a league, imagine the loss of information we would have if 4 human tactics get to the top 4!And do not forget that a loss vs human tactic affects the moral of a team, changing a little bit the performance of tactic for the following matches!So what are we looking here? For a Tactic that wins vs OTHER human tactics or for a tactic that wins vs Cpus?If we are looking for a tactic that would win vs CPU's, the testing should be different from the one you are thinking of, now.Cheers,

Just downloaded a World League Database, where the main division has the following clubs, with the following Strength order:

Barcelona 1st
R. Madrid 2nd
Man Utd 3rd
Chelsea 4th

Man City 5th
Bayern 6th
Inter 7th
AC Milan 8th

Arsenal 9th
Liverpool 10th
Juventus 11th
Porto 12th

My 2 cents :p I didn't checked if this matches with any of the strength lists we did before!

Edit: Just noticed that although those are the strongest teams in Premier League, there are a few quite strong teams in the division below, the strength order by Total Team Value would be a bit different :p

Last edited:
There's something important that you are not considering... We want good tactics to play vs other good tactics or to play vs cpus ?This tests can show a bit of each, but for instance, I would like to refer to my own tactic, I was 2nd and Hancur was 1st, on my group. I had 3 losses vs 2 losses by Hancur. And I know that at least 1 of the losses was vs Hancur, and was a big one, 1-4! Did I also lost the 2nd Game, a_ilfandi? Because if I did lost the 2nd game vs Hancur, it shows that my tactic does very well vs cpu teams, and was even better than hancur's tactic in league matches! If, for a chance, hancur did beat my tactic twice, for the league matches, than I would have won more games vs cpus than hancur (for the league!).Getting more human tactics together, will loose the "vs cpu's effect", because if with 2 teams, we might not know who did better, if both team got to the top of a league, imagine the loss of information we would have if 4 human tactics get to the top 4!And do not forget that a loss vs human tactic affects the moral of a team, changing a little bit the performance of tactic for the following matches!So what are we looking here? For a Tactic that wins vs OTHER human tactics or for a tactic that wins vs Cpus?If we are looking for a tactic that would win vs CPU's, the testing should be different from the one you are thinking of, now.Cheers,

so, you are suggesting me to stick to the current format and only change the league compositions?
as I said, I'm ok with any of the two ideas.. yours or tk/koflok..
oh yeah, forgot to check your other head to head match with Hancur's..
will check that out later..

ROUND 7 IS COMPLETED!

ROUND 7 ENTRY:

A Quilo (4 2 4 맨유 완전체 파이널 (Málaga, Jan 2011)
B Jibbers (4-2-3-1Jose Mourinho's RM (R. Madrid, Oct 2012)
C Maxy 2 (The Invincibles (Juventus, Oct 2011)
D El Magico (mou's4231_41221 (Parma, Oct 2011)
E Hancur 2 (Tottenham 4-2-3-1 (Tottenham, Jun 2013)
F T-mo (Anderlecht_5 (Anderlecht, Sep 2016)
G Scotsman (Interdasting_V1_12.04_(Everton,_Nov_2011)
H Xenon 2 (XeNoN's_4-2-4_v1.00_(Man_Utd,_Dec_2011)

THE LEAGUE:
h667T.png

THE CUP:
qVoBT.png

THE CUP FINAL:
9y1rc.png

THE PLAY OFF:
SSe9N.png

THE PLAY OFF FINAL:
3n37a.png

Last edited:

I think finding the best tactics would mean doing good vs AI teams and when the occasion arises, good vs 'human' custom tactics.

Because really, the human teams are pretty much AI with 'less-then-usual' tactic.

It's not like ilfandy is doing any tweak during matches to counter opponent tactic, like what human do during online matches.

Besides, people would certainly be enjoying more seeing their tactic against each other rather than discussing about unfair distribution of group. Haven't seen any complain regarding that before.

Awesome thread, well done on all the hard work, really do love it. Just wondering where i would find that T-Mo tac? Many thanks.

here's yours (TEAM D) and Hancur 2's (TEAM C) fixtures:
View attachment 212525View attachment 212526

Back