My Huge Tactics Testing Project (FM 2013)

• Thread starter Thread starter a_ilfandy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 778K
Actually the worst attack ranking in my test and the 3th defense ranking :/

Right now I'm using Nezza's 4-4-2 and the new Zizunola's swoosh tactic. They are both amazing tactics.

Try out Raikan 4-3-3, better attack than Nezza but a little bit less defensive

Main reason, cause i don't want to takeover the work of ilfandy lol ! ;)

its already been tested on page 72

Yea i know, thats where i got it from the first time. Just felt that it hadnt been discussed or referenced as much as some of the others in the subsequent discussions, esp seeing how its still powerful on 13.2.3. It was just a shout out mate to raise awareness in case people missed it.

Not sure if it was tested was it?

if so how did it do?

i have it but never tried it

It was tested in round 10 where it won the playoff, beating Namzet 5-3-2 6-2.

To quote a_ilfandy : BossaNova: Speechless. Wins the playoff! Beaten Namzet's 6-2 along the way.

I tried it myself and results like Bayern 8-0 hoffenheim, Man utd 8-1 Newcastle, england 7-0 Croatia are not exactly uncommon. I dont know if it was intended but you literally 'Boss' teams in terms of posession and chances. Needs to be tweaked for the new patch since it plays with a high line and is susceptible to fast counter attacking teams, but in terms of goals and domination of a league, with the right players, its incredible.

I strongly recommend giving it a go if you play 4-2-3-1 and adjust your defence as per your team, although once you're fully fluid, the opposition barely has the ball long enough to attack.

It was tested in round 10 where it won the playoff, beating Namzet 5-3-2 6-2.

To quote a_ilfandy : BossaNova: Speechless. Wins the playoff! Beaten Namzet's 6-2 along the way.

I tried it myself and results like Bayern 8-0 hoffenheim, Man utd 8-1 Newcastle, england 7-0 Croatia are not exactly uncommon. I dont know if it was intended but you literally 'Boss' teams in terms of posession and chances. Needs to be tweaked for the new patch since it plays with a high line and is susceptible to fast counter attacking teams, but in terms of goals and domination of a league, with the right players, its incredible.

I strongly recommend giving it a go if you play 4-2-3-1 and adjust your defence as per your team, although once you're fully fluid, the opposition barely has the ball long enough to attack.

I don't think it was the 4231 that got tested, I think it was the original modern warfare 442 which was bossanova

I've been testing out the BossaNova 4231 a little today and I have to say it is one of the worst 4231 tactics I have tried! Conceed like ****, even with world class defenders. But it was made like 2 patches ago, but it's still pretty terrible in 13.3.2!

Hi everybody,

Sorry for missing most of the discussions lately.
I have been busy enjoying the transfer update, and currently thinking of what to do with the next rounds.
I have been working on a new format where all tactics get the same set of players (just like the first 4 rounds).
But the game crashed during the first run. So I scrapped that out.

So now, I'm thinking on (more or less) the same format, but this time, each league will consist of teams from different countries. So its like the Euro Super League with teams from England, Spain, Italy, plus rest of the world.
I just hope this time it wont crash.

Btw, I have seen discussion of why Jassar's treble winning tactic is not working so well for others.
Firstly, like what I experienced during the test, it takes quite a while for it to produce results.
Secondly, dont be surprised if Nezza's is doing better than Jassar's. Remember, Nezza won the league unbeaten with 78 points, while Jassar with 68 points. Of course, Jassar's more lethal offensively, but Nezza may be more consistent in the league.

And, btw, I have made the summary of ROUND 13-15. Its a better way of comparing the performance of each tactic, in my opinion.

Last edited:
It may be more fair to use the old database,
because you use the old database in Round 1--15

It may be more fair to use the old database,
because you use the old database in Round 1--15

You meant the one before the update?
I used the original 13.0.0 in ROUND 1-12.
I used LFCMarshall update in ROUND 13-15.

Hi everybody,

Sorry for missing most of the discussions lately.
I have been busy enjoying the transfer update, and currently thinking of what to do with the next rounds.
I have been working on a new format where all tactics get the same set of players (just like the first 4 rounds).
But the game crashed during the first run. So I scrapped that out.

So now, I'm thinking on (more or less) the same format, but this time, each league will consist of teams from different countries. So its like the Euro Super League with teams from England, Spain, Italy, plus rest of the world.
I just hope this time it wont crash.

Btw, I have seen discussion of why Jassar's treble winning tactic is not working so well for others.
Firstly, like what I experienced during the test, it takes quite a while for it to produce results.
Secondly, dont be surprised if Nezza's is doing better than Jassar's. Remember, Nezza won the league unbeaten with 78 points, while Jassar with 68 points. Of course, Jassar's more lethal offensively, but Nezza may be more consistent in the league.

And, btw, I have made the summary of ROUND 13-15. Its a better way of comparing the performance of each tactic, in my opinion.

WORLD SUPER LEAGUE
(ROUND 13-15)

Hey m8,

Think u got me mixed up with tbh in the world table...I was Porto in last round (15)..finished 2nd to jassar with 49Gls 18Agt

Hey m8,

Think u got me mixed up with tbh in the world table...I was Porto in last round (15)..finished 2nd to jassar with 49Gls 18Agt

ah! yeah.. Sorry about that.
I'll fix it.

EDIT: Fixed. Here you go..

Last edited:
Back