My Man Utd in FM 2010 Patch 10.3

i will try your new tactic then and see, would you recommend gerrard in the adv playmaker pos or box to box or the trequista, could u give us a rough guide with eg of players who u would play in each postion, and also target men and playmaker etc . thanks for your help in advance
Attached Thumbnails

Well as Gerrard has AMC as his best position so i would play him there i beleive it the trequista, i would play Mascherano as the box-to-box and Aquilani as the playmaker XD it would help who is your stronger Winger left or right winger cause we made to tactics one for a team with a better left winger and the other for right winger.:P

whats the best tactic to use here?

well who are you playing as ? it all depends on the players you have so could you post up a screenshot of you squad then i can say which one would be more beneficial for your team ;)

Last edited:
Im using patch 10.02 and playing as manchester united. Here is a screenshot of my squad as requested.
Thanks alot for the help dude, i know all of them are good tactics regardless. but which one suits my team?

liverpool

I think that jovetic or riera would be my best winger and they play on the left side so I use that tactic I think. I will put gerrard as the amc but as the trequista role what is this role please is it a free role what kind of attributes do u match it with. I noticed in this thread berbatov played there for some people and played well. In the new tactic have u been able to close the gap between mid and def or make it cope with teams that play a 451 do u have a shortlist of players who u would recommend

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

I think that jovetic or riera would be my best winger and they play on the left side so I use that tactic I think. I will put gerrard as the amc but as the trequista role what is this role please is it a free role what kind of attributes do u match it with. I noticed in this thread berbatov played there for some people and played well. In the new tactic have u been able to close the gap between mid and def or make it cope with teams that play a 451 do u have a shortlist of players who u would recommend. I have released a transfer window update if people are interested its called window in the updates section.

I think that jovetic or riera would be my best winger and they play on the left side so I use that tactic I think. I will put gerrard as the amc but as the trequista role what is this role please is it a free role what kind of attributes do u match it with. I noticed in this thread berbatov played there for some people and played well. In the new tactic have u been able to close the gap between mid and def or make it cope with teams that play a 451 do u have a shortlist of players who u would recommend

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

I think that jovetic or riera would be my best winger and they play on the left side so I use that tactic I think. I will put gerrard as the amc but as the trequista role what is this role please is it a free role what kind of attributes do u match it with. I noticed in this thread berbatov played there for some people and played well. In the new tactic have u been able to close the gap between mid and def or make it cope with teams that play a 451 do u have a shortlist of players who u would recommend. I have released a transfer window update if people are interested its called window in the updates section.

Hmm its a good idea then to play that tactic then but if i was you i would try signing Nani, Park perhaps maybe Ashley Young or even RIbery if you aint spent all your budget and you could get Matías Fernández and play him in the AMC rotate him in cup matches, or play him in the Playmaker or Box-To-Box . As he will take a while to gel to you new tactic as will all your other players so i would suggest you organise quite a few friendlies to help them gel a little bit quicker with a bit of luck;).

Im using patch 10.02 and playing as manchester united. Here is a screenshot of my squad as requested.
Thanks alot for the help dude, i know all of them are good tactics regardless. but which one suits my team?
Attached Thumbnails

well i would use this one

View attachment 38191

the line up that would use is for the bigger matches :-

GK Asenjo
RB Richards
CB Ferdinand
CB Vidic
LB Evra
AMR Nani/joaquin
CM Gourcuff
CM Anderson
AMC Silva/Rooney
LM Robben/Young/Buonanotte
ST Villa/Rooney

thats my opion may have to sell some players looks like you may have to many wingers

oh okai, thanks alot:) Im gonna try this now with my team.
Yeah i agree, i might get rid of Joaquin or something, hes not that great and Buananotte is underperforming too.

By the way i dont think to feet is the right supply for villa, would i have to change it to run onto ball?

Last edited:
oh okai, thanks alot Im gonna try this now with my team.
Yeah i agree, i might get rid of Joaquin or something, hes not that great and Buananotte is underperforming too.

By the way i dont think to feet is the right supply for villa, would i have to change it to run onto ball?

well it did work for me he scored 30+ in 2/half months >< i think. ill get a screenshot for you.><
View attachment 39086

Last edited:
resolute

Does anybody have any tips for making the team more resolute i.e. in game shouts etc? I am Forfar and playing in Scottish Division 1, the tactic has done me well with 2 successive promotions but it is now struggling a little bit as the other teams in this division have a much greater calibre of player than what I have!!!!

Does anybody have any tips for making the team more resolute i.e. in game shouts etc? I am Forfar and playing in Scottish Division 1, the tactic has done me well with 2 successive promotions but it is now struggling a little bit as the other teams in this division have a much greater calibre of player than what I have!!!!

hmm you could try signing more experienced players if you can lure the better experienced ones to your club. it may be more helpful with a screenshot of your tactics with your preferred squad. it be the case of that your tactic which ever one you have chosen to use may not suit against teams in your league. in all honesty i aint ever played in scotland on any football manager series. sorry couldn't be better help

oh okai. when you say it worked for you, do you mean suply to feet worked? or run onto ball worked?

Sorry, should have at least mentioned what tactic I am using!!! Im using the 4-3-2-1 asymetric one. I am still creating the chances but my team is getting caught out with simple long balls or diagonal balls in behind the fullback its really frustating!!!!! I have tried to sign better quality players but they are just not interested, mind you I dont really blame them I've been to Forfar and it aint pretty haha!!! I will just need to keep tinkering to see if I can come up with some magic formula.

oh okai. when you say it worked for you, do you mean suply to feet worked? or run onto ball worked?

I think it was its the one i made it as with han (hans version that is )

Sorry, should have at least mentioned what tactic I am using!!! Im using the 4-3-2-1 asymetric one. I am still creating the chances but my team is getting caught out with simple long balls or diagonal balls in behind the fullback its really frustating!!!!! I have tried to sign better quality players but they are just not interested, mind you I dont really blame them I've been to Forfar and it aint pretty haha!!! I will just need to keep tinkering to see if I can come up with some magic formula.

Could you post a screenshot of your Tactic screen along with your preferred lineup as it may make it slightly easier to help you out mate. Depending on you Pace, Acceleration and possibly the Agility and Heading which would help them come back to help out the defence after helping with supporting the attack. if you are a mid table or lower side it might be better to consider playing with counter attack :)

This is the funniest game I've ever played. Chelsea got 4 shot on target with 1 CCCs and score 3 goal. I got 10 shots and 5 CCCs and score 1 goal. Lol I cant believe I lost this game.

This is the funniest game I've ever played. Chelsea got 4 shot on target with 1 CCCs and score 3 goal. I got 10 shots and 5 CCCs and score 1 goal. Lol I cant believe I lost this game.
Attached Thumbnails

Looks like you got slightly unlucky but chelsea are a solid team even if they do win with sloppy goals lol

Just wondering what effect unhappy players have on the team performance as i just sold Ashley Cole and next match,.... we win 12-0 vs Ipswich with Aguero scoring 9 goals!

Just wondering what effect unhappy players have on the team performance as i just sold Ashley Cole and next match,.... we win 12-0 vs Ipswich with Aguero scoring 9 goals!

just wait until bigger games then the challenge wil begin XD

I know it was an easy match but a premiership match nonetheless..... he had only scored 12 in the previous 17 league games too..

But if you aint had him that long he wouldnt of scored many in first 20 odd games as he would need time to settle

and still wait untill you play Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool then the test would be on :D

Hans,

Thanks for this good tactic...is it the VillaV6 the latest?...i've tried it with my MU team and its been doing quite well since i still have my original squad in my 2nd season (i am planning to build new MU with talented youngster, so not much interested in buying superstar, although having Ribery & Villa which can scores lots goals felt tempted)...eager to try it for my 3rd season when Villa will be joining then...

Could u help me with a little problem that i facing right now after using this tactic?...i have a problem with my back four...although my team can score lots goals in a match and even controlling the game, still my team conceded goals, with a silly mistake and the defense looks fragile at that moment, especially to my two centerbacks..what roles that i should instructed for them?...FYI, i still have Brown, Vidic, Rio & Evans in my squad...

Also, i would like to let u know that this tactics also works with lower division as currently i'm using it for my Notts Co team...currently my team doing well with it, even can score 7-1 (highest scoreline ever for my team) win against Darlington in my first season, and also it is a first time ever my player (Hawley) score 4 goals in a match, thanks to this brilliant tactics...so far win four match in a row with this tactics...

Thanks Hans...cant wait reply from u...

Hans,

Thanks for this good tactic...is it the VillaV6 the latest?...i've tried it with my MU team and its been doing quite well since i still have my original squad in my 2nd season (i am planning to build new MU with talented youngster, so not much interested in buying superstar, although having Ribery & Villa which can scores lots goals felt tempted)...eager to try it for my 3rd season when Villa will be joining then...

Could u help me with a little problem that i facing right now after using this tactic?...i have a problem with my back four...although my team can score lots goals in a match and even controlling the game, still my team conceded goals, with a silly mistake and the defense looks fragile at that moment, especially to my two centerbacks..what roles that i should instructed for them?...FYI, i still have Brown, Vidic, Rio & Evans in my squad...

Also, i would like to let u know that this tactics also works with lower division as currently i'm using it for my Notts Co team...currently my team doing well with it, even can score 7-1 (highest scoreline ever for my team) win against Darlington in my first season, and also it is a first time ever my player (Hawley) score 4 goals in a match, thanks to this brilliant tactics...so far win four match in a row with this tactics...

Thanks Hans...cant wait reply from u...

View attachment 42431

that is the latest and the best tactic XD

Back