whats the difference between the:
David Villa Man Utd 4-3-2-1 (Man Utd, Jan 2015) and
Man Utd 4-3-2-1 (Man Utd, Apr 2010) tactic?

The second one is the latest. I don't remember, but if I not mistake, the second one was changed the MC instructions and also the corner setup. ^^)

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

hanc, would you make a tactic using two strikers? some of us dont like the one striker game and manutd has too many strikers to stay on the bench. well, i want rooney to strike using the new patch since he's on fire.

Ok. I will create because I was managed the Spain squad which I used two strikers likes my previous tactic, 4-4-2. I will recommend to you to have a fast striker and a fast winger because it will help a lots. I will upload the tactic as soon as possible. ^^)

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

hey mate, i found that this tactic wasn't to effective for my MU, and i dont know why. so i try the 4-3-3 formation and work so well. its a mistake to sell berbatov, he becomes incredible with 4-3-3 tactic and villa bring more assists than i thought even the rating not so good for him. maybe after the first season complete i will post it here, and i still try to mixed it with 4-1-3-2 tactic :D

Really? Could you post your team line up, maybe I could suggest you the right tactic with right instructions. If that, you can go on the 4-3-3 tactic. Maybe you need team that can play 3 midfield with Box-to-Box, Advanced Playmaker and DM. Also 3 attacking force.

I really appreciate it my mate. Your work on this thread make me feel comfortable. I just use the corner setup from this forum which is set one of DC to attack near post and the corner was set to far post. I put Vidic on there and the result is he scores a lot of goals for me even he miss a lot of chances.

For 2nd season, I have signed two biggest names, Gourcuff, Diego from Juventus and Akinfeev. They now show me what they can do it for me. Gourcuff with his corner and assist, Diego with his dribbling, assist and freekick (so special when he beat Petr Cech which we won 3-0 at Stamford Bridge) and Akinfeev with his not conceded a goal in 7 games.

You don't have to thank me everytime lol. How did you manage that price for Akinfeev ? And i would like to sign those players as i aint ever signed them so aint got any experience with them XD

Which skin is that you are using in your screenshots ?

Last edited:
i was looking at man utd's squad and i realised that there are alot of players in the mc position. hargreaves, carrick, fletcher, anderson, scholes and gibson. do they perform well?, if not who should i sell? and will gourcuff play well in the mc position?

i was looking at man utd's squad and i realised that there are alot of players in the mc position. hargreaves, carrick, fletcher, anderson, scholes and gibson. do they perform well?, if not who should i sell? and will gourcuff play well in the mc position?

Well seens as Hargreaves is out for 5 months you really do much with him, Scholes is just a player you should really use against teams you should win with ease and cup matches to give the first team CM's a rest and just rotate Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick in the big matches and use Gibson in the same matches as Scholes XD

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

I used my latest tactic 10.3 which applied lonely striker likes what I have create for FM2009 tactic. I have put some screens for the corner setup and hopes it will help you. You can see the Vidic goals for 1st season and for my beginning of 2nd season. The important things here is you need to put the best header to attack the far post and make sure the left footed take the right corner and vice versa.

I actually have successful with David Villa for patch 10.1 and 10.2 because he scores for me about 40-55 goals per season. He is incredible and must buy. For new patch, I would like to try to played Aguero to make him successful as Villa in my 10.1 and 10.2 patch. So far, he is doing a great job for me. For 1st season he scores 32 goals with 29 goals in EPL. He cannot played in Champions League because he already played for another team in Champions League. So, in my opinion, you can bought one of them or both depends on you. I suggest you bought Villa first (according my experience on him in previous patch) because at his ages now, he is reached his prime and you can get more goals from him. For next season, you can bought Aguero because he still young and he can do a good job for you in couple of years. Believe me, both are great. If you can put them together, your attacking is more dangerous. Both are so fast.

Since FM2010 was released, I haven't create a special training for special player like I did in FM2009. So far, I have give them a general training without nothing changes. I actually will focus on youth. I will played a good youngster in competitive matches to give them the experience so they can improve their abilities to cover the injured first team. That's what I have done. If you find some good youngster, just played him as a rotation, so you can see the impact that they can bring in games.
Attached Thumbnails

If you are quick you can snap up Aguero before he becomes eligible for Champions League games for your team which i did XD well not sure how quick it was but hes still able to play in the Champions League for me :S

does gibson develop into a good player in the future? any screenies? and once hargreaves heals?

and the latest 4-4-2 tactic is the David Villa Man Utd 3rd (Man Utd, Jul 2012).tac one right? however, my results are inconsistent, 4-0 and 3-0 wins over portsmouth and wolves but 3-0 defeat by liverpool, 4-4 draw with birmingham, and some other draws but only a few defeats. sometimes we play really well, but sometimes we get owned, especially by counter attack (even more especially by liverpool's)

I'm also slightly confused by the number of tactics on this thread. which is the latest, or in other words, better 442 tactic to use?

Last edited:
does gibson develop into a good player in the future? any screenies? and once hargreaves heals?

and the latest 4-4-2 tactic is the David Villa Man Utd 3rd (Man Utd, Jul 2012).tac one right? however, my results are inconsistent, 4-0 and 3-0 wins over portsmouth and wolves but 3-0 defeat by liverpool, 4-4 draw with birmingham, and some other draws but only a few defeats. sometimes we play really well, but sometimes we get owned, especially by counter attack (even more especially by liverpool's)

I'm also slightly confused by the number of tactics on this thread. which is the latest, or in other words, better 442 tactic to use?

As you can see Gibson attributes are quite amazing at the start of the game and he will only get better if you give him time :D

i would use Hargreaves in first season once recovered but the season after that up to you tbh if you get a decent enough offer then obviously accept it

btw does anyone using these tactics use OI?

Nah work better without them as your team wont have to concentrate on marking ect XD

im currently using 2 defenders 2 wing backs 2 defending midfielders 2 attacking midfielders and 2 2 attackers its awesome yet to lose in in first 8 games and brought agbonlahor who is awesome set to counter attack and short passing and fluid

im currently using 2 defenders 2 wing backs 2 defending midfielders 2 attacking midfielders and 2 2 attackers its awesome yet to lose in in first 8 games and brought agbonlahor who is awesome set to counter attack and short passing and fluid

If you think it good enough for downloading upload it at the end of your season XD:D

woot haven't tried your tactics for long time but it's actually doing good job.

can you reply to my message mate lol :) and yes how on earth did you manage that ? 35 Goals

Hi, this is my current man utd squad. i cant decide who to sell for midfield. for cm, i have fletcher, hargreaves, carrick, anderson, scholes, montolivo and hamsik. for BOX-TO-BOX mdfielder, who would be better in your opinion/experience, fltecher or carrick?
also, should i keep anderson and play him as the advanced playmaker position even though i have montolivo and hamsik? alternatively, should i train him as right winger and cut inside for inside forward?
View attachment 48003

Hi, this is my current man utd squad. i cant decide who to sell for midfield. for cm, i have fletcher, hargreaves, carrick, anderson, scholes, montolivo and hamsik. for BOX-TO-BOX mdfielder, who would be better in your opinion/experience, fltecher or carrick?
also, should i keep anderson and play him as the advanced playmaker position even though i have montolivo and hamsik? alternatively, should i train him as right winger and cut inside for inside forward?
View attachment 48003
if ur liverpool fan how the **** u do u manage manu eh?

View attachment 48003

Well i believe it may ideal to play Feltcher as playmaker as playmaker dont have run with ball and with his dribbling wont be ideal imo should try Anderson there and you dint need to sign another two CM :S you have most likely waisted the money on them lol you needed a Winger and Forward E.G. Alexis Sanchez and Sergio AgueroXD

Last edited:
Well i believe it may ideal to play Feltcher as playmaker as playmaker dont have run with ball and with his dribbling wont be ideal imo should try Anderson there and you dint need to sign another two CM :S you have most likely waisted the money on them lol you needed a Winger and Forward E.G. Alexis Sanchez and Sergio AgueroXD

And likely to be for experience and tbh is it anything to do with you ? and its likely to be as United have money and Liverpool have like 2mill as there debt is so bad
haha so money will change liverpool fan to manage united? i dont give ****, who needs money. its more challenge to get liverpool, its not interesting to play with manu, barca, real etc...
do u even care too, cause im talking to my fellow liverpool fan not manu fan ok :p

Well did i say it would make them ? well liverpool are rather **** anyway on the game. How is it not interesting to play as united ?
haha, another trophy hunter, good luck mate.
if i was trophy hunter, at least i would respect some other clubs. but who cares right? because u support best club in the world, ur the best fan in da world.
but no offence for han tho.

Last edited:
All im saying is it dont matter who you plas as on the game maybe it his first save ? or just taking a break from a liverpool one :S And i aint a trophy/glory hunter what ever you wanna call me and ive supported United for over 10 years
i didnt said he must manage liverpool, i just made joke, but u made it serious, thats it.