Man Utd Guide and Buying superstars

Hi I don't want to start a new post by saying I don't want to be rude, but............
but thats exactly what im going to do.
I thought the point of FM is football management not creating a dream team............ but to managing your team
Now ive tried several different strategies I just can't seem to buy both villa and ribery that includes starting the game as an ex international footballer and going unbeaten till March with my team

---
As I have a problem with the MAN U guide but the thread is now closed I am going to give a brief outline to playing with Man U, winning and doing it without buying the very best every season

Firstly The only real problem areas are GK, DR, DM, MC(optional) and AML
as although Giggs and VDS last for two seasons ( not one as suggested) they with scholes and neville aren't going to last long. Also DM is a problem as hargreaves is out and is injury prone and carrick is more of a MC

PLAYERS IN PLAYERS OUT

Alex Smithies 1.1m Huddersfield Kuszczak 3.4m
Anthony Annan 3m Rosenborg Under 18s 1 star or less
Vargas/Felipe 14m/12.5m Corinthians/Fiorentina
Di Maria 13m Benfica if ur greedy

I normally switch between the following tactics
4-5-1 attacking as my main tactic
VDS /Foster
Rafael/Femenia/Neville Vidic/Evans Ferdinand/Brown Evra/Vargas/Felipe
Anthony Annan
Fletcher/Anderson Carrick/Scholes
Valencia/Nani/Park Giggs/Vargas/Felipe
Rooney/Berbatov/Owen

433/4132 attacking against mid table and below teams
Scholes/Carrick Annan Fletcher/Park
Owen Berbatov Rooney

when playing away in europe against the big boys and lookin to counter using the standard not counter or control

Rooney Berbatov/Owen

Signings
GK Alex Smithies/Ochoa because they are young and will turn world class.
Smithies 1.1m
Although foster is good he gets injured fairly regurarly when using as first choice and isnt as consistent for me. While Kuszczack's gaffes are infuriating. VDS 1st choice

DR Kiko Femenia Hercules(230k) he is transfer listed becomes great with training
Felipe/Vargas Corinthians or Fiorentina 12m or 15m
As evra can play as RB and (evans with training) for the big games
I buy this guy and us as backup in most games. Rafael/Neville 1st Choice
You can have felipe/vargas on left and evra on right as first choice in the big games because Neville seems to be useless in the big games

DM Anthony Annan
Brilliant and consistent... isnt De Rossi but is consistent and is rarely injured

AML Vargas/Felipe alternating with Giggs

MC You don't really need to spend here especially if you buy Annan.

Please to a large extent ignore your coaches when lookin at player reports as
MAME DIOUF, GIBSON, FABIO, OWEN only get 2 stars but are great or turn in to great bench players. Esp Gibson as he always gets at least 10 goals/season from the bench.

Optional

You can use the massive transfer budget in the first season to buy the stars of the future
Target Man Chris Woods/Lacine Troare/Yaya Sanogo
Wingers Barilla/Femenia
MC Haruna/ James Macurthur Veratti
Fullbacks Femenia Aurier
DC Beevers/Otamendi/Ecule Manga
GK Areola

Hi I don't want to start a new post by saying I don't want to be rude, but............
but thats exactly what im going to do.
I thought the point of FM is football management not creating a dream team............ but to managing your team
Now ive tried several different strategies I just can't seem to buy both villa and ribery that includes starting the game as an ex international footballer and going unbeaten till March with my team

---
As I have a problem with the MAN U guide but the thread is now closed I am going to give a brief outline to playing with Man U, winning and doing it without buying the very best every season

Firstly The only real problem areas are GK, DR, DM, MC(optional) and AML
as although Giggs and VDS last for two seasons ( not one as suggested) they with scholes and neville aren't going to last long. Also DM is a problem as hargreaves is out and is injury prone and carrick is more of a MC

PLAYERS IN PLAYERS OUT

Alex Smithies 1.1m Huddersfield Kuszczak 3.4m
Anthony Annan 3m Rosenborg Under 18s 1 star or less
Vargas/Felipe 14m/12.5m Corinthians/Fiorentina
Di Maria 13m Benfica if ur greedy

I normally switch between the following tactics
4-5-1 attacking as my main tactic
VDS /Foster
Rafael/Femenia/Neville Vidic/Evans Ferdinand/Brown Evra/Vargas/Felipe
Anthony Annan
Rooney/Berbatov/Owen

433/4132 attacking against mid table and below teams
Scholes/Carrick Annan Fletcher/Park
Owen Berbatov Rooney

when playing away in europe against the big boys and lookin to counter using the standard not counter or control

Rooney Berbatov/Owen

Signings
GK Alex Smithies/Ochoa because they are young and will turn world class.
Smithies 1.1m
Although foster is good he gets injured fairly regurarly when using as first choice and isnt as consistent for me. While Kuszczack's gaffes are infuriating. VDS 1st choice

DR Kiko Femenia Hercules(230k) he is transfer listed becomes great with training
Felipe/Vargas Corinthians or Fiorentina 12m or 15m
As evra can play as RB and (evans with training) for the big games
I buy this guy and us as backup in most games. Rafael/Neville 1st Choice
You can have felipe/vargas on left and evra on right as first choice in the big games because Neville seems to be useless in the big games

DM Anthony Annan
Brilliant and consistent... isnt De Rossi but is consistent and is rarely injured

AML Vargas/Felipe alternating with Giggs

MC You don't really need to spend here especially if you buy Annan.

Please to a large extent ignore your coaches when lookin at player reports as
MAME DIOUF, GIBSON, FABIO, OWEN only get 2 stars but are great or turn in to great bench players. Esp Gibson as he always gets at least 10 goals/season from the bench.

Optional

You can use the massive transfer budget in the first season to buy the stars of the future
Target Man Chris Woods/Lacine Troare/Yaya Sanogo
Wingers Barilla/Femenia
MC Haruna/ James Macurthur Veratti
Fullbacks Femenia Aurier
DC Beevers/Otamendi/Ecule Manga
GK Areola

I am guessing that the moderators closed your thread because it was most likely pointless as everyone has their way of playing with united and you have to buy super at least for 3 seasons to have hope of silver wear as all the other top clubs around with have the upper hand over you. With City's millions buying superstars every time the transfer windows open you have to bid for big players even if are described as wonderkids although they mite already look world class.

hi so i wouldlike to try your tactic as anew one and build a team over two sessons
my team so far
ochoa
helen djouru tagliani aurier still young but in 1 sesson the wing backs will be top class
yacine brahimi gosling and woods nani OR defederico ( covers as stricker allso )
my forward is my best player naymar
any changes and recomended players would be cool whats the best way to play naymar wont to get the best outa him
Allso what pitch size

hi so i wouldlike to try your tactic as anew one and build a team over two sessons
my team so far
ochoa
helen djouru tagliani aurier still young but in 1 sesson the wing backs will be top class
yacine brahimi gosling and woods nani OR defederico ( covers as stricker allso )
my forward is my best player naymar
any changes and recomended players would be cool whats the best way to play naymar wont to get the best outa him
Allso what pitch size

pot Screen shot

View attachment 57814
1. Click on attachments.

View attachment 57815
2. Next choose a file to upload.

View attachment 57816
3. Next click Upload to upload the file(s).

View attachment 57817
4. As you can see i have boxed the file that i uploaded.

View attachment 57818
5. Now click on close that small window.

View attachment 57819
6. Now you return to the reply post screen and click on the arrow next to the attachment icon where all the file(s) you uploaded are.
View attachment 57820
Here is my file that i uploaded is.

This was to help KIAStumpy if this confused anyone by random post about how to upload a Screenshot ect . :)

i think the problem is i need to sign up for some thin on these forums
all i get when i click the icon is this post opening again :)
Whats the pitch size?

Last edited:
i think the problem is i need to sign up for some thin on these forums
all i get when i click the icon is this post opening again :)
Whats the pitch size?

I dint have to ign up for anything :/ and i put it on max 105 x 65 ? something like that

Hi first post here
I want to ask a question.I'm playing as West Ham I'm in 3rd season(november) and i have started using this tactic since summer 2011 so the team could get used to it but i notice that the striker gets very few chances.I mean most shots come from the trequarista the cm and the am and although i tried lowering their long shot slider still i check the stats after each game and all i see is the striker(complete forward) has 2-3 chances max and seeing some of the screenshots here showing hat-tricks i'm wondering what im doing wrong. I dont have the best squad out there yet (im still missing a good inside forward) but i think it's quite good
GK Green/Hart
DR Behrami/Faubert
DL Bale/Illunga
DC Spence/Upson
DC Richards/Kovac
ML Collison
AMR Stanislas/Lawrence
MC Parker/De la Red/ Cattermole
MC Van der Vaart/Noble
AMC Guillherme/Vela
ST Dzeko/Altidore/Muniain
So most goals come from corners and from shots by VdV,Parker and Guillherme and Dzeko rarely gets the ball

Hi first post here
I want to ask a question.I'm playing as West Ham I'm in 3rd season(november) and i have started using this tactic since summer 2011 so the team could get used to it but i notice that the striker gets very few chances.I mean most shots come from the trequarista the cm and the am and although i tried lowering their long shot slider still i check the stats after each game and all i see is the striker(complete forward) has 2-3 chances max and seeing some of the screenshots here showing hat-tricks i'm wondering what im doing wrong. I dont have the best squad out there yet (im still missing a good inside forward) but i think it's quite good
GK Green/Hart
DR Behrami/Faubert
DL Bale/Illunga
DC Spence/Upson
DC Richards/Kovac
ML Collison
AMR Stanislas/Lawrence
MC Parker/De la Red/ Cattermole
MC Van der Vaart/Noble
AMC Guillherme/Vela
ST Dzeko/Altidore/Muniain
So most goals come from corners and from shots by VdV,Parker and Guillherme and Dzeko rarely gets the ball

How bout showing a screenshot and plu we dont use that tactic anymore it the update version for the 10.3.0 patch so we made a new mirror tactic with a AMR as RM and LM to AML