Ey hanc! just wondering, will this tactic still be good in patch 12.2.0 ? also, im playing with a different set-pieces setup than you have in your tactic as i dont like it when the cb`s score so much, will this affect the tactic at all? thx

Ey hanc! just wondering, will this tactic still be good in patch 12.2.0 ? also, im playing with a different set-pieces setup than you have in your tactic as i dont like it when the cb`s score so much, will this affect the tactic at all? thx

Which tactic? If tactic 4-4-2, it will works. I think my tactic 4-3-3 is not good as 4-4-2. Yeah, the setpiece is still works if you put your striker on that position, he will scores as fun. Update here okay.

Great mate! Which tactic do you used? Do you made any tweaks?

i used the original tatic and didnt make any changes this tactic is just amazing was falling fast down the table so i used this tatic and went 9 games unbeaten in the league and finished 5th and also made it to the europa league final but lost 3-1 to Barcelona

I am using the 4-2-2-2 tactic yea.. seems to work ok, i have to take tackling down too normal offcourse, 3 red cards in 3 games in pre-season, all 3 within the first 10 minutes of the match.. i also conceed goals in all 3 games so far, even if i win, so i have all defenders + defensive midfielder on training tight marking, hope this fix the problem.. do you have any other good tips for me with playing United with this tactic? thanks again mate....

Now, something really weird has happened. This tactic is my favorite tactic but sometimes, and i think its the game that wants to make my life hard, it all of a sudden stops working! The players moral goes way down, strikers stop scoring, wingers stop scoring, i had 10 games without scoring 1 single goal! Hernandez form went from fantastic to useless in very short time, same with Rooney! I simply cant explain it! hancu! and ideas what is wrong? PS. how in the world can moral go down when we win the league, the fa cup and make the champions league final?? ( lost on penaltys to barca )

Last edited:
Now, something really weird has happened. This tactic is my favorite tactic but sometimes, and i think its the game that wants to make my life hard, it all of a sudden stops working! The players moral goes way down, strikers stop scoring, wingers stop scoring, i had 10 games without scoring 1 single goal! Hernandez form went from fantastic to useless in very short time, same with Rooney! I simply cant explain it! hancu! and ideas what is wrong? PS. how in the world can moral go down when we win the league, the fa cup and make the champions league final?? ( lost on penaltys to barca )

Is this in the new season you have not been able to score in 10 matches ? Then the last season is, well the last season and it doesn not natter if you won all those competition ( I just assume it is, otherwise it would have been hard to win the them)
. Do you make the teamtalks and press your self and if so, what did you say there. In times like this, its always, always the man management that is at fault. NOt the odd loss of course, but the way people are unable to turn it around.

remember that the tactics are only one part of the game. If using a plig & play tactic that relies on some specific moves on the field and a high pressing game, then when some players are not putting in the effort or the players meaning to score and setup the goals are our of form, then you lack dimensions in the play. Here, I would probably try to grind out some results playing more cynical.

You`re right, i see now what a huge part the mental state of the squad plays in this game. I had a player meeting, was much more happy after wins, less angry after defeats and i turned the whole thing around. Thx for the responce. Quick question for all to answer, ive bought Cavani. how do i combine him with Rooney upfront? Rooney still as CF? thx..

You`re right, i see now what a huge part the mental state of the squad plays in this game. I had a player meeting, was much more happy after wins, less angry after defeats and i turned the whole thing around. Thx for the responce. Quick question for all to answer, ive bought Cavani. how do i combine him with Rooney upfront? Rooney still as CF? thx..

Sorry for the late reply. I hope you understand the explanation from TheBetterHalf. Make Cavani as poacher and Rooney as Complete Forward.

I just want to update my 8th season with Man Utd patch 12.1.1. Why I still played this patch because I have played 6th season before new patch released. So far, my 8th season is the best season I ever played in Football Manager. Of course so many players were transferred from big clubs but I just want to share my achievement. Hernandez is awesome!^^)

Hanc why dont you release a tactic for 12.2? Its clear to see that you previous ones have been incredible and they would be very popular because i dont think many people play on 12.1

Hanc why dont you release a tactic for 12.2? Its clear to see that you previous ones have been incredible and they would be very popular because i dont think many people play on 12.1

I completely agree, very few good tactics on fm 12.2.2 and even less that can survive the january re-rank!

Can someone be a tester for me? I just want to see if the tactic is good for new patch.

i will gladly test for you
Nice. This tactic is not tested yet for a new patch. So, I understand if it is not working well like before. Hopefully you will update the result and we all can see how good it is. The most important things is this tactic could be suit for big club only. Try for yourself and keep me update. Thank you so much.^^)

Nice. This tactic is not tested yet for a new patch. So, I understand if it is not working well like before. Hopefully you will update the result and we all can see how good it is. The most important things is this tactic could be suit for big club only. Try for yourself and keep me update. Thank you so much.^^)

When you( and your testers) have played enough on the latest patch with this tactic, just send me a pm if you want to rename the title. I can also test it if you like, just tell me what team you would like it to be used with. In your testing in 12.2.2, what have your initial results been ?

Cheers