My thoughts & views on Fm13 Match Engine and tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 43K
That wasn't my point. My point was you thought you were a tactical genius when spanking Wigan 6-0 and fielding a front two of Rooney and Hernandez. :P

Guessed as much.

Words cannot describe how much I hope they fail.

I was a genius, ask Jose and Pep, I out barca-ed Barcelona!

Herp derp I'm Mike and I can use the tempo slider

Yes yes yes. We're all very proud of you. Run along and cry that nobody listened to your advice on Van Persie's PPMs.

Is anyone getting the feeling, that with the amount of time Mike puts into tactics, adjustments etc....he's going to be pretty dam near unplayable on a head-to-head. I suspect there's going to be a lot of people conveniantly disconnecting near FT lol

Is anyone getting the feeling, that with the amount of time Mike puts into tactics, adjustments etc....he's going to be pretty dam near unplayable on a head-to-head. I suspect there's going to be a lot of people conveniantly disconnecting near FT lol

Sigh, no. You don't understand Mike. If he's doing something, whether it's flying a helicopter on BF3 or trying to make a tactic work, it never quite works.

Also, a head to head would require them to actually get to a match, and given that Mike plays in real time that could be tricky.

Sigh, no. You don't understand Mike. If he's doing something, whether it's flying a helicopter on BF3 or trying to make a tactic work, it never quite works.

Also, a head to head would require them to actually get to a match, and given that Mike plays in real time that could be tricky.

Fair point you make. Though I have a nagging feeling I could be just as bad in the new one-have to be a lot more cautious and when I'm cautious I check everything right down to the last detail. Though recently it's proved pretty pointless at times :@

On the plus side the ME is being updating on full version release which is nice

I flew into a lamp post once!

I don't think so at all :) my tactics are just as intricate and time consuming.. I always construct tactics with logical/proper footballing approaches and not using any ME or unrealistic approaches save for the one ME exploit tactic made near the end of Fm12..

I will gladly go head to head with Mike

I don't think so at all :) my tactics are just as intricate and time consuming.. I always construct tactics with logical/proper footballing approaches and not using any ME or unrealistic approaches save for the one ME exploit tactic made near the end of Fm12..

I will gladly go head to head with Mike

I admit one thing. Been playing since midnight, and I've been very, very thorough with the Waterlooville squad. And it's paid off so far beating Portsmouth 2-1 in a friendly. I went over literally EVERYTHING. Only just started the season now lol

good luck ajt :) hope it goes well

been in meetings all morning and have one again in a bit.. plus going away for the weekend so will only get my copy early next week!

hows the ME and the bugs on full release? alot better or just slightly?

good luck ajt :) hope it goes well

been in meetings all morning and have one again in a bit.. plus going away for the weekend so will only get my copy early next week!

hows the ME and the bugs on full release? alot better or just slightly?

Seem better to me. Players getting into right positions/making right runs, no GK problems or stupid mistakes. And when I issue instructions they pretty much react how I want them to aswell. For example, playing Chelmsford right now in league match. Played poorly in 1st half and 1-0 down.Gave an assertive team talk to improve performance and boom! now 1-1 and playing much better. Haven't come across one bug

thats great to hear, made my very crazy day a lot better :) thanks

thats great to hear, made my very crazy day a lot better :) thanks

I wont play till tuesday, hear a few bugs are still left, but most have been dealt with. PaulC is still thinking of getting another ME patch out before the end of the month, so if people are seeing things that are regularly odd ( not just one 1-in a million issue), makre sure they get reported for the next update.

I wont play till tuesday, hear a few bugs are still left, but most have been dealt with. PaulC is still thinking of getting another ME patch out before the end of the month, so if people are seeing things that are regularly odd ( not just one 1-in a million issue), makre sure they get reported for the next update.

awesome Mike :) glad to hear bud, you have a good one mate

One thing that annoys me with the engine so far, all goals against are from set pieces... Tried 3 careers now with full version and with barca, Chelmsford and AFC Wimbeldon almost all goals are from corners/free kicks. Even when I put match preparation on defending set pieces...

im sorry AJT, you seem to be a bit biased.

The game still has major flaws. Simple bugs werent fixed (like info bars snapping to corners in matches), but more importantly, im not seeing the match engine fixes.

Im still getting beat on far too many back post crosses, and impossible angle goals. Its very frustrating as a long long time FM player.

Also, despite your experience, the team talks are still a mess. As an international footballer managing arsenal, or southampton, NOTHING works. In fact, logical and simple instructions tend to have the opposite affect everytime. Winning by 2 away = a calm "im pleased" which elicits a near universal "shut off". Losing by 2 at home = a passionate, you suck, followed by a near universal "shut off". They seem to be totally broken, and anytime i manage to give a talk without the whole team being mad at me, i consider that a win in game.

im sorry AJT, you seem to be a bit biased.

The game still has major flaws. Simple bugs werent fixed (like info bars snapping to corners in matches), but more importantly, im not seeing the match engine fixes.

Im still getting beat on far too many back post crosses, and impossible angle goals. Its very frustrating as a long long time FM player.

Also, despite your experience, the team talks are still a mess. As an international footballer managing arsenal, or southampton, NOTHING works. In fact, logical and simple instructions tend to have the opposite affect everytime. Winning by 2 away = a calm "im pleased" which elicits a near universal "shut off". Losing by 2 at home = a passionate, you suck, followed by a near universal "shut off". They seem to be totally broken, and anytime i manage to give a talk without the whole team being mad at me, i consider that a win in game.

Don't know what to say to be honest. I've been playing since it went live last night and done the friendlies, and genuinely have not come across any bugs that ruin the game. Like the crosses-didn't even come across them in the beta. Can't explain it

I am currentelly using Raikan's beta tactic, as im American and thus have no tactical knowledge :). Maybe its the tactics?

Watching Bacary Sagna get abused by Gamst Pederson from blackburn repeatedly is very frustrating, almost as frustrating as a real arsenal game.

I'm still seeing wingers beat 2 defenders and score at the near post from a very tight angle 'messi like' that's both my players and the Computer players.
The last game I played Valencia was god like!
Still seeing some gk distribution problems eg rio standing a few yards away from de gea but rather than a simple pass he chooses to smash it up the field. ( was fine on 1st beta version )
Does seem to have improved though, I'm enjoying it! and as for people saying it's impossible to win I just can't understand that?!

Back