Netherlands v Spain [World Cup Final]

Who will be the new World Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
16-1 on Webb sending off van Bommel is a good shout. I imagine he has well aware of how much the Dutchman has gotten away with so far in this tournament, and I don't think he'll be taking any **** from him tonight.

Guess we'll see, but I wouldn't mind a punt with those odds.

16-1 on Webb sending off van Bommel is a good shout. I imagine he has well aware of how much the Dutchman has gotten away with so far in this tournament, and I don't think he'll be taking any **** from him tonight.

Guess we'll see, but I wouldn't mind a punt with those odds.
im wondering if he'll be hesistant given how quickly spain go to ground, when a tackle is made on them? meh guess it is worth a cheeky tenner

im wondering if he'll be hesistant given how quickly spain go to ground, when a tackle is made on them? meh guess it is worth a cheeky tenner

Only put a fiver on it because I thought it was worth a flutter but don't have any conviction (or the spare cash!) to put more on it even at those odds for similar reason. Can just about see him picking up two yellows if Webb's in 'show-off' mode and Spain are running them ragged (say 1-0 up and Dutch can't get ball back).

Want the ducth to win, but think the spanish will. :(

Fiver on at 33/1 for Netherlands to win 3-1 within 120 minutes.

Worth a punt I think.

I got odds of 12/1 on Holland beating Urguary 3-1. I put £20 on it happening, and the beggars went and scored in the last five minutes!

However, I did take another £20 bet on Holland 2-1, at 12-1 odds. Hopefully it comes true this time and there is not some late equaliser lol

Hopefully van Bommel will have learnt he's been lucky to stay on the pitch and will tone it down for the final. He'll be key to breaking up Spain's attack before they get going, as the Netherland's defence can be a bit shaky.

Capdevila vs Robben... gg

You serious? Capdevila has been one of the most prominent players for Spain so far. It could be far worse for Spain than having him covering them there.

I think he'll have trouble, but I'd wager most people would.

im scared for the dutch...

3-0 Spain for me, if Spain play their normal game, they'll eventually find ways past the Dutch

Hopefully van Bommel will have learnt he's been lucky to stay on the pitch and will tone it down for the final. He'll be key to breaking up Spain's attack before they get going, as the Netherland's defence can be a bit shaky.
Guess not

I have always thought De Jong looked kind of like a ninja.

zeb that paddypower bet is looking pretty good

I wonder what odds you would get that Van Bommel will be sent off this match? Is he any good or does he just snap players every game.

zeb that paddypower bet is looking pretty good

Looked like he was reaching for a card on VB's last snide one but left them there when he clocked the player would be off. Might be a nice one. Did you put a tenner on?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I wonder what odds you would get that Van Bommel will be sent off this match? Is he any good or does he just snap players every game.

I put a fiver on at 16-1 before the match.

Looked like he was reaching for a card on VB's last snide one but left them there when he clocked the player would be off. Might be a nice one. Did you put a tenner on?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I put a fiver on at 16-1 before the match.
yeah i did. if spain turn up the pressure, one of de jong/bommel will go. one mistimed tackle from van bommel and hes toast

Agreed. If the tactics continue as they have been, then the Netherlands will have a man sent off at least. It's looking like one of the holding pair, de Jong and/or van Bommel.