You have got it all wrong . I ran this game for a year and all the promotion relegation went wrong. WA team that was relegated from hyundai B team went to the SA league etc and a nsw team went to a vic league. I went to the editor and noticed you have not set the designated leagues for promotion and relegation . Even then you will find that you can relegate 2 teams from hyundai B league say that it happens to be 2 WA teams and have them go to the WA league because it would go fromm 11 teams too 13 teams and that wont work so it pushes them into other leagues that have room

I'm not exactly sure it will work myself, but I've changed the Leagues so that it allows them to have between 2 and 22 teams so in theory there should always be enough room so teams don't get pushed into another division. Will need to test of this works though.

If you have a better way I'm open to any ideas.

Looks good. Just need to raise a lot of Brisbane's stats, their so underrated on the game, they are predicted 6th at the start.

Also, just let me know if you need me to find and edit logos for you. Just gimme a list in a word document of the teams if you can :)

No dont know a better way ? Just know is a problem with boundries

I think powerladdy got it right on the FM Forum

I done this league style before and had 4 to 30 teams and it still stuffed up

Good job, in FM 2011, i recreated by having 5 division which included all Aussie clubs and NZ clubs.

This looks incredibly comprehensive, which I like!

When do you think a first release will come out?

cheers

Probably take a while . no one has been able to master the relegation problem . Ive been working on it for weeks and thought i got it right and set all the boundries and ran it for 3 years and got teams all in wrong leagues

Hows it all going ? Manager to solve the puzzle yet ? Very interested to find out if yu solved the relegation issue ? Very quiet on here now

Hows it all going ? Manager to solve the puzzle yet ? Very interested to find out if yu solved the relegation issue ? Very quiet on here now

Sorry, I've been busy with Exams and stuff for school, so and haven't touched the database for about 2 weeks now and probably won't for another week and a half or so.

Exams are all finished now so I will begin working on the database tomorrow, trying to figure out how I can get this all working. However there is a possibility that I may not be able to get it working, as prot651 said it is impossible to do so if anyone has any suggestions for an alternate league system in case I am unable to get the proposed one working, that would be good.

i Done one for myself

Australian Nation Leagues 2 A-Leagues sub divided

Hyundai A league 16 teams ( Top team play off against FFA A-League winner ) Bottom 2 into playoff with top 4 winners of Westfield league

FFA A-League 16 teams ( Top team play off against Hyundai A-League winner ) Bottom 2 into playoff with top 4 winners of Westfield

Westfield Premier League ( 2 Groups of 8 teams ) Top 4 play - off against Hyundai and FFA bottom 2

National Youth Teams 12 teams ( Institution teams , University teams ) under 19s

Reserves One 2 groups of 16 Rel 3 down
Reserves two 1 group of 8 Prom 3 up
Reserves Cup includiing Youth teams

FFA Cup All teams except reserves

Would you be able to upload this database?

I would very much like to play on it.

Cheers

How is it going ? I have stated another Database by making each state its own country.

Really looking forward to this, been wanting something comprehensive and exciting for the Australian league for the past few years. I don't have the means to do it myself. If you need any help researching the lower leagues, Every club now seems to have a website with full playing lists for their premier league and reserves teams, even clubs playing in their respective league below the state leagues....

This is exactly what i want!! Cant wait until its good to go! I'm sure there will be some good storys come out of this as well.

Is there any ETA yet?

Cheers

Sorry about the delay. There's an issue with the promotion and relegation between the A2-League and the State Premier Leagues to do with the regional boundaries and number of teams in each division. The game crashes at the end of the first season when it tries to handle the promotion and relegation. This is only what I believe the issue to be and I may be incorrect here. prot651 is certain there is no solution to this issue and I almost certainly agree with him.

Therefore it is likely that a different league structure must be implemented.

It either has to be entirely state-based, or entirely Nationally based, unlike the proposed system which was a mix of both.

The Nationally based system would simply be straight down single league divisions, i.e. A-League, A2-League, Division 1, Division 2, etc, with direct promotion and relegation between the two.

A state based system would be one where each state has its own single league division system with direct promotion and relegation, with a play-off series (weather it be league or knock-out) between the top teams from each state, pretty much the same as the current U18 system works. I think this would go well with a setup similar to a database that prot651 is working on where each state becomes their own nation, and personally for me would be fun to play. This can be done including the A-league teams or could go back to the old days of football with no A-League teams.

In my opinion, although the A-League teams would dominate in the early years, the state based system would be more enjoyable to play, especially if I make each state their own nation or merge it with prot651's database (if he or she is willing to share :p). I will go ahead with this starting in the next few days unless others have a better idea or a greater majority prefer and alternative option.

Thoughts, opinions, feedback, positive and negative always welcomed!

I like the idea of the top few of each state having a play off for promotion into the national divisions that would ensure the best state teams in the country get promoted. Because if it was just the top state teams getting promoted straight away if it is a weak state they would just get relegated straight away again.

Looking forward to this very muchly!

This looks great! What players will be in the new teams (Western Sydney etc.) Will your give or take from other A-League teams + Free Agents?