Would love to share but i cant now. After the update my editor went green and i was forced to re install the game and editor and for some stupid reason that and other databases i was working on wont work . They load and play but crash urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh . So im starting from scratch . Sorry

That's would be annoying.. having to re-do everything.. good luck :)

I was thinking and I thought that an alternative league structure that combines state based and national based divisions could be one that is similar to the Brazilian system where they have both national divisions and state divisions and clubs compete in both over the course of a season, and state divisions and national divisions have separate pyramids.

Well really peeved off now. i almost completed the main leagues and cups and ran it for a year and it crashed on the 13th Sep

Yet i had it running ok before so now im fustrated with whats wrong

I personally would prefer a nationally based system, much like the premier league.

The lesser teams would populate the lower leagues until they mature enough to compete against the A-league teams. You would also be able to bring a team from the bottom all the way to glory.

To fix the problem with the promotion from state leagues couldn't you use the advanced editor to make each state a "child competition" and just make the "parent competition" the A-2 league?

Australia] League 4 Tier Promotion/Relegation System (FM2012)

This is good but it stuffs up from league 2 relegation that teams dont go back to there relevant state

The teams don't go back to their relevant state most likely because there are no regional boundaries on the state divisions, which I think contributes to the issues in my version. Because I have put regional boundaries, the game will always attempt to relegate them back to the correct state however the number of relegated teams from each state does not match the number of teams promoted so the division my expand or collapse in terms of number of teams. I attempted to correct this by allowing these divisions to have a minimum of 2 teams and a maximum of 30. This did not fix the problem.

I then thought the issue could be to do with the FFA Cup. When I created the competition I made it so 16 teams are taken from each state division (which is the amount these divisions have at the start of them game) but in the game it was unable to find 16 teams from some divisions due to one of them having fewer then 16 teams (from collapsing). To eliminate this I completely removed the FFA Cup. However the game continues to crash.

I'm not sure what step to take now, however I could post in the help section or something and see if any of the really skilled editors have a solution or can come up with a reason for why it crashes. I'm not sure where the editor help section is though...

EDIT:
Alternatively I could remove the boundaries and just have the clubs randomly throughout.. This would be totally unrealistic but may have to be that way if this system will ever work. Personally this is a last resort.

Last edited:
Dont think there is an answer unless it is the advance editor. Yes i also set the boundaries and had a range from 2 - 30 teams to allow for the relegation issue but also did not work .

I was thinking of using one of these as a template for myself...I'm thinking just to mirror it with English League system...remove the boundaries, basically dismantle the NZ league and spread them across the lower leagues.

I know it sounds like its the easy way out but I think it would work well

I think I will just remove all the boundaries and release it as it is, and then work on a state based system as an alternative.

Have you tried relegating the 2nd division into just 2 leagues (eg. QLD-NSW and rest of Australia) before then relegating those into state leagues? Perhaps if there are less leagues to relegate into the more likely the game will be able to work out who goes where.

I did a fairly straightforward system, similar to England's Blue Square North/South leagues, where, due to the amount aweful QLD teams, I split the lowest division into QLD and the rest of Australia. I holiday'd overnight and 15+ years later there were still only QLD teams in their division.

Yeah, just found this thread, and as an avid A-League supporter, id love to have this in my game :D

IS there anyway to put New Zealand league in asia ? and the country in asia