Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle produce a stunning comeback from 4-0 down to earn a draw that shocks title hopefuls Arsenal.

More...

What an absolute joke of a team...if they win something other than the Carling Cup I'll run through the streets naked. I didn't see the game, what happened?

What an absolute joke of a team...if they win something other than the Carling Cup I'll run through the streets naked. I didn't see the game, what happened?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Are you the worst fan in history?

3 very poor refereeing decisions, and a brilliant spirit from Newcastle. 4-0 within 26 minutes, 4-4 at FT.

That was the best comment in the history of FM-Base.

But, we're you being serious?

Arsene's face when Tiote's volley went in was... well, priceless.

The fourth Newcastle goal. Just amazing!

Didn't see the game nor have I bothered watching the highlights, but judging by some people's comments Nolan should been shown a red card too?

Was in work all day and I managed to get a half time score.. yeah well, **** that ****.

The first pen was a penalty.
Then best should have scored but it was wrongly ruled out.
Then best did score
The second pen wasnt a pen imo
Tiote scored a beauty
Van persie scored but WAS marginally offside but it is still offside.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Didn't see the game nor have I bothered watching the highlights, but judging by some people's comments Nolan should been shown a red card too?

Was in work all day and I managed to get a half time score.. yeah well, **** that ****.

Forgot to add that nolan basically attacked the arsenal keeper :D

Diaby was sent off for grabbing Barton and pushing him to the floor, and for a push on Nolan. Nolan also pushed him but wasn't booked, then he got Szczesny in a headlock after their first goal but is only booked. Referee had a shocker, gave a penalty for absolutely nothing, and missed Barton's crunching tackles/fouls on Arshavin and Diaby (for the red card).

Diaby's reaction was completely understandable as well, a poor challenge which could have easily broken his leg, and after his history of broken legs etc...

The first pen was a penalty.
Then best should have scored but it was wrongly ruled out.
Then best did score
The second pen wasnt a pen imo
Tiote scored a beauty
Van persie scored but WAS marginally offside but it is still offside.

Forgot to add that nolan basically attacked the arsenal keeper :D

TBH, Szczczczczczesny went down too easily.

Tiote's goal may well be one of the goals of the season. Fair enough, the reff had a nightmare, but Newcastle could have just given up at 4-0. But, they fought back. 1st Pen WAS a pen.

Diaby was sent off for grabbing Barton and pushing him to the floor, and for a push on Nolan. Nolan also pushed him but wasn't booked, then he got Szczesny in a headlock after their first goal but is only booked. Referee had a shocker, gave a penalty for absolutely nothing, and missed Barton's crunching tackles/fouls on Arshavin and Diaby (for the red card).

Diaby's reaction was completely understandable as well, a poor challenge which could have easily broken his leg, and after his history of broken legs etc...

Diaby was rightly sent off, Barton tackle was hard but actually fair...

Nolan got rightfully booked and Szczesny was being a douche. First pen was a defo, 2nd was harsh, and Best had a goal ruled out, when onside, If anything ref was more in your favour. He got all the big decision right bar 2, the best goal and the 2nd pen.

Diaby was rightly sent off, Barton tackle was hard but actually fair...

Nolan got rightfully booked and Szczesny was being a douche. First pen was a defo, 2nd was harsh, and Best had a goal ruled out, when onside, If anything ref was more in your favour. He got all the big decision right bar 2, the best goal and the 2nd pen.

What? Are you actually joking, Scott?

Barton fouled Arshavin in the first half, when he spun him and he came right through the back of him, this was ignored. RVP was fouled on the edge of the N'Castle box by two Newcastle players, but instead the FK was given the other way, even though he was clearly tripped and somersaulted onto his back...

Barton went in with a hard challenge, which won the ball, and could have broken Diaby's leg - Just see the images on the Saturday Football thread for proof of this - Yet we don't get a FK, and Diaby's reaction (although unnecessary) is completely understandable after everything that's happened to him. Nolan pushed him first, Diaby pushed him back - If Phil Dowd is saying "two incidents" or something, as MOTD suggested - Why isn't Nolan booked?

"Nolan rightly booked" - what's the difference between that and Diaby? If anything, his is worse, he actually has Szczesny in a headlock ffs, then forces him to the ground right in front of the assistant. Szczesny being a douche has nothing to do with it, he was booked for time-wasting - if that happened anywhere else on the pitch, Nolan would have sent off for violent conduct but because he's a keeper it's not?

1st pen was also harsh, silly defending by Koscielny, but there's not actually much contact, he doesn't keep hold of his shirt, and Best just falls over.

2nd pen was more than harsh - There was no reason at all for it to be given, Koscielny jumps, Rosicky doesn't, Williamson falls over and it's a penalty? Shocking.

Best had a goal which should have counted, that's one decision vs AT LEAST two big decisions against us - and Phil Dowd was on our side?

Just glad that ManUre let us off the hook with a defeat that had been coming for most of the season. Next up, City's petrol billions, who will park the plane.

lol, newcastle are made of tougher stuff that i expected

What? Are you actually joking, Scott?

Barton went in with a hard challenge, which won the ball, and could have broken Diaby's leg - Just see the images on the Saturday Football thread for proof of this - Yet we don't get a FK, and Diaby's reaction (although unnecessary) is completely understandable after everything that's happened to him. Nolan pushed him first, Diaby pushed him back - If Phil Dowd is saying "two incidents" or something, as MOTD suggested - Why isn't Nolan booked?

"Nolan rightly booked" - what's the difference between that and Diaby? If anything, his is worse, he actually has Szczesny in a headlock ffs, then forces him to the ground right in front of the assistant. Szczesny being a douche has nothing to do with it, he was booked for time-wasting - if that happened anywhere else on the pitch, Nolan would have sent off for violent conduct but because he's a keeper it's not?

1st pen was also harsh, silly defending by Koscielny, but there's not actually much contact, he doesn't keep hold of his shirt, and Best just falls over.

2nd pen was more than harsh - There was no reason at all for it to be given, Koscielny jumps, Rosicky doesn't, Williamson falls over and it's a penalty? Shocking.

Best had a goal which should have counted, that's one decision vs AT LEAST two big decisions against us - and Phil Dowd was on our side?

Just glad that ManUre let us off the hook with a defeat that had been coming for most of the season. Next up, City's petrol billions, who will park the plane.

Barton got the ball, if you watched it... It was a good tackle, that image is mis leading. He came in hard but go tthe ball, Diaby over reacted, 2 incidents, means one for holding bartons kneck other for pushing Nolan, Not a hard concept.

difference being Nolan only did one thing there.... a minimal headlock as the keeper was holding onto the ball.

1st one was a clumsy challenge, any contact makes it a pen....

The red card was right, the first pen was right... The offside was right( RVPs). Looking for excuses i see.

Yep, Shame you couldnt do what champions do, and take advantage when the top side loses... Real shame that.

Next up city, We will see what happens at OT.

To the people who liked the OP are you still in 4 competitions in February?

Thought not

To the people who liked the OP are you still in 4 competitions in February?

Thought not

Arsenal won't be for long, conceding 4 away to Newcastle when we have Barca in the next round of the Champs League.

Curtis290 is even worse than me when it comes to over reacting over dropping points :D :p