Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

To sum it up:

Newcastle played ***** the first half, Arsenal wiped our faces with the floor.

Diaby got sent off rightly.

The second penalty was soft.

Best was ON ******* SIDE.

Tiote scored a screamer

gg Arsenal.

It was a fantastic game for us toon fans and for the neutral and like someone said earlier.....it makes me feel proud to support newcastle! our fans were fantastic today!

its a shame for arsenal but it was a good game.....to go off topic a little, i was a little surprised to see the england squad without barton or nolan selected.....maybe there back-ups.

WTF? How did this happen? I only watched the first half because I thought it was game over. So I went to bed (The game started at 2AM for me).

*Starts searching for highlights*

WTF? How did this happen? I only watched the first half because I thought it was game over. So I went to bed (The game started at 2AM for me).

*Starts searching for highlights*
:'(

hehehehaahaha, now thats funny:D

Newcastle united didnt come from 4 down, their fans did...... they were magnificent.

To the people who liked the OP are you still in 4 competitions in February?

Thought not

Yes actually I am, Rangers 5 points off top spot with 2 games in hand. League Cup final.Scottish Cup semi final against the mhanky mob today.Europa League game against Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal 4 points off the top on equal games with Man U.League Cup against Birmingham(C'Mon Barry),FA Cup against Leyton Orient you'll probably field some reserve team feeling cocky. Champions League against Barcelona No Chance.

I'm sorry but Arsenal don't deserve to win anything this season after that display.

Yes actually I am, Rangers 5 points off top spot with 2 games in hand. League Cup final.Scottish Cup semi final against the mhanky mob today.Europa League game against Sporting Lisbon.

Arsenal 4 points off the top on equal games with Man U.League Cup against Birmingham(C'Mon Barry),FA Cup against Leyton Orient you'll probably field some reserve team feeling cocky. Champions League against Barcelona No Chance.

I'm sorry but Arsenal don't deserve to win anything this season after that display.

And your in a league that only has two teams init

Well done

I was watching MOTD highlights and i screamed the house down when Tiote scored...i don't even like newcastle! I thought Nolan and Barton scared the **** outa Sczcesny (sp) and that played a part in conceding four goals...good players to have really in a team; the bully

That was the best comment in the history of FM-Base.

But, we're you being serious?

If it happens, it'll be on youtube. Keep in mind though when I studied at university I made the same statement about the Giants vs. Patriots Superbowl (didn't think Belichick could lose with two weeks of preparation) and followed through with it. It was totally worth it though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Are you the worst fan in history?

3 very poor refereeing decisions, and a brilliant spirit from Newcastle. 4-0 within 26 minutes, 4-4 at FT.

Actually, I'm not really a fan. My favorite team in England is Leeds but I don't care too much for English football. I really admire Arsenal for their financial policy, youth policy, and for being the only team in England that plays really attractive football, even if the results suffer sometimes. So I really, really want to see them do well and win the league (it'd be good for football, and plus I really don't like ManU). But since I've never even been to the UK I can't claim any affiliation to Arsenal. And if they changed their philosophy (got a big spending owner or starting playing boring football like Chelsea) than I'd root against them all the time.

On-topic: Can anyone see them recovering from this psychologically? Has a team every blown a 4 goal lead in 20 minutes and then gone on to win the league? From a newly promoted team who just lost their leading goal-scorer? I think when people look back at this season they will point to the 3-2 Tottenham game and this game as the turning points for ManU. I don't see how you can maintain the self-belief that you can actually win a title after a game like that. It's clear to themselves and everyone that they can't defend worth two ***** without Vermaelen. But I have a feeling that mostly it's a mental problem, they just don't have the mental strength and the confidence to win since it's been so long.

Last edited:
And your in a league that only has two teams init

Well done

Arsenal rich team from London who can attract top players

Rangers a ****** wee team with no money from Govan

We have been just as equally successful as you in winning only one European competition.

Also If you knew anything about Scottish Football you would know that Hearts are a good team and anyone can beat anyone in our League we lost 3-0 to Hibs who are relegation candidates.

Any way your League is 2x bigger. 2x2= 4 big team's, so proportionally you're point is rather poor

why are talking about scottish football? back on topic

LOL. Bitter much?

Once you get knocked out to Barca you'll probably go back to supporting Spain, Right?

UH - He's not English, so why can't he support who he wants in the WC? And what has that got to do with anything?

Bottlers, **** and wank...?

Mature, Scott.

Barton got the ball, if you watched it... It was a good tackle, that image is mis leading. He came in hard but go tthe ball, Diaby over reacted, 2 incidents, means one for holding bartons kneck other for pushing Nolan, Not a hard concept.

difference being Nolan only did one thing there.... a minimal headlock as the keeper was holding onto the ball.

1st one was a clumsy challenge, any contact makes it a pen....

The red card was right, the first pen was right... The offside was right( RVPs). Looking for excuses i see.

Yep, Shame you couldnt do what champions do, and take advantage when the top side loses... Real shame that.

Next up city, We will see what happens at OT.

It was a tackle that went right through Diaby, and could easily have broken his leg. The image is a close-up, how is that misleading? Barton gets the ball but goes in with such force that Diaby could easily have been injured. MOTD missed this, just as they missed Karl Henry sticking his studs in Fabregas' shin when we played Wolves.

Yeah exactly - 2 incidents. One was grabbing Barton by the neck, the other for pushing Nolan, AFTER Nolan pushed him. So if that's effectively two bookable offences in one, why isn't Nolan Booked? We should have had a FK, I stand by what I said - it was a dangerous challenge from Barton.

Nolan should have been booked before, though - and what's the difference between that and Diaby? Other than there being one incident? Szczesny being a douche isn't an excuse - a "minimal headlock" includes him grabbing him and pushing him to the floor, in exactly the same way as Diaby.

First one was clumsy, I accepted that - but there isn't any contact.. He doesn't touch the ball or the man, and there's nothing to make Best fall over. Can see why it was given though.

The offside was right, just. I'm not looking for excuses, you're twisting my words again - I praised Newcastle for their spirit and fightback, but said there were several refereeing decisions that were wrong. I said on the other thread that I didn't say that's why we drew, we have ourselves to blame, so stop twisting my words to suit your purpose.

Yup, shame you could do what Champions do and win when you don't play well/go unbeaten for 49 games/take advantage when the team below you drops points... Oh wait..

Next up City, to expose your defensive frailties without Ferdinand. Pace vs Vidic should be fun to watch, with any luck City's defence can do what they did at the Emirates.

**** me, everyone stop being so petty or im closing the thread