Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

why are talking about scottish football? back on topic

Someone said that people who liked the op were not in 4 comps and I was saying I was.

But back on topic:Arsenal don't deserve to win anything now after that.

But fair play to Newcastle for having the mentality to keep pressing I was listing on the radio and I was thinking this could be embarrassing you need to credit them for that

If you see a Arsenal supporter walking a dog, get them to call 080 4-0 4-1 4-2 4-3 4-4 for free advice on how to hold on to a lead

all the officals where awful in this and the spurs game, however newcastle deserve the credit by taking there chance to do the impossible so credit to them, any supporter that see`s there team 4-0 down and keep supporting there team from the stands deserves credit too so to them congrats.

If you see a Arsenal supporter walking a dog, get them to call 080 4-0 4-1 4-2 4-3 4-4 for free advice on how to hold on to a lead

Brilliant :L Said it to my bro he's an Arsenal fan now he's heavy ****** off XD

This made my day, I am sure even the fiercest fans of ours wouldn't expect such a turn around after 0-4 at HT. But the lads didn't lose the hope and in the end we snatched an impossible point.

There was an announcement at Stamford Bridge yesterday as well at half time;

''A man by the name of Arsene Wenger went missing in Newcastle late Saturday night, if anyone has any information on this please call our hotline on 04 14 24 34 44.''

As you can imagine, this was met by a huge cheer by both sets of fans. The only thing Chelsea could cheer about all day ;)

Mature, Scott.

It was a tackle that went right through Diaby, and could easily have broken his leg. The image is a close-up, how is that misleading? Barton gets the ball but goes in with such force that Diaby could easily have been injured. MOTD missed this, just as they missed Karl Henry sticking his studs in Fabregas' shin when we played Wolves.

Yeah exactly - 2 incidents. One was grabbing Barton by the neck, the other for pushing Nolan, AFTER Nolan pushed him. So if that's effectively two bookable offences in one, why isn't Nolan Booked? We should have had a FK, I stand by what I said - it was a dangerous challenge from Barton.

Nolan should have been booked before, though - and what's the difference between that and Diaby? Other than there being one incident? Szczesny being a douche isn't an excuse - a "minimal headlock" includes him grabbing him and pushing him to the floor, in exactly the same way as Diaby.

First one was clumsy, I accepted that - but there isn't any contact.. He doesn't touch the ball or the man, and there's nothing to make Best fall over. Can see why it was given though.

The offside was right, just. I'm not looking for excuses, you're twisting my words again - I praised Newcastle for their spirit and fightback, but said there were several refereeing decisions that were wrong. I said on the other thread that I didn't say that's why we drew, we have ourselves to blame, so stop twisting my words to suit your purpose.

Yup, shame you could do what Champions do and win when you don't play well/go unbeaten for 49 games/take advantage when the team below you drops points... Oh wait..

Next up City, to expose your defensive frailties without Ferdinand. Pace vs Vidic should be fun to watch, with any luck City's defence can do what they did at the Emirates.

I was just asking what he meant by typical arsenal... FOOL.

You really are an idiot,. Bartons tackle was hard but very fair, only you arsenal fans are clueless and think he fouled him...? Diaby history with injuries isnt an excuse to react like a pleb.

Get Barton by the kneck is a straight red card anyway, got what he deserved, he acted like a stupid mong.

He should never of kept hold of the ball, and it was hardly a physical headlock... Man up and take it i say.

You semm **** bent on blaming the ref and calling him awful and such, when he made some really brave but correct call.

OMG did you just say that... Well heres you wanting a big response from me, But i counter you with a better arguement... The very best teams win many league titles and retain trophies and leagues,. Prosper in europe not just play well for 49 games and do **** all since just like arsenals invicibles... Oh wait Never mind..

you really thinking Vidic will be a weak link, If so your a fool. He is the best CB in the world and Bring City on... Next up you have Wolves then Barcelona so good luck with that.

Arsenals problem a lack mental strength when things go wrong they go into a state of panic rightfully taken advantage of by Newcastle and their fans. Never liked diaby can see why he was angry but a stupid lack of control to go grabbing people ffs.

Rosicy seemed to have a mare, playing best onside, involved in a penalty and his weak attempt at a clearance lead to tiote's goal, I didn't know whether to cry or celebrate was a good goal.

Arsenal have lost good leads more than once in the past couple of seasons.. Tottenham and Wigan are noteable ones. Never 4 goals though, when was the last time a team threw away a 4 goal lead?

I was just asking what he meant by typical arsenal... FOOL.

You really are an idiot,. Bartons tackle was hard but very fair, only you arsenal fans are clueless and think he fouled him...? Diaby history with injuries isnt an excuse to react like a pleb.

Get Barton by the kneck is a straight red card anyway, got what he deserved, he acted like a stupid mong.

He should never of kept hold of the ball, and it was hardly a physical headlock... Man up and take it i say.

You semm **** bent on blaming the ref and calling him awful and such, when he made some really brave but correct call.

OMG did you just say that... Well heres you wanting a big response from me, But i counter you with a better arguement... The very best teams win many league titles and retain trophies and leagues,. Prosper in europe not just play well for 49 games and do **** all since just like arsenals invicibles... Oh wait Never mind..

you really thinking Vidic will be a weak link, If so your a fool. He is the best CB in the world and Bring City on... Next up you have Wolves then Barcelona so good luck with that.

You keep putting words in my mouth.. You have your opinion on Barton's challenge, I have mine - we're not going to agree so let's just leave it..

I didn't say Diaby had an excuse for reacting like that, I said that I can understand his reaction but it was silly and unnecessary.

He did what most goalkeepers do nowadays, and I'd say it's fairly difficult to stay on your feet and man up when someone like Nolan gets you in a headlock and forces you to the ground - that's a red card offence in itself IMO - I've said Diaby's was a red card, and for me there's no difference - except if he did that to an outfield player, he'd be off but since it's a GK who was holding onto the ball, it's only yellow.

Being a douche or whatever has nothing to do with it, if Diaby's injury history isn't an excuse, neither is Szczesny time-wasting..

I haven't BLAMED the ref for anything, Scott - I've said at least 5 times that Arsenal have themselves to blame, your the one **** bent on putting words in my mouth and making **** up.

He was awful, though - all of the officials were - Best's offside goal, the penalty for **** all at the very least we agree on, plus a lot of other challenges from both sides that went unpunished without even a FK - if you watched the whole match, you'd have seen this.

I'm not wanting a big response from you at all, I wish you'd stfu tbh but that's not going to happen.. You said we should have done what champions do when you lost to Wolves - it's hardly the right timing to say that - we threw away a four-goal lead, not what champions do etc etc but not a lot of point saying we should win when we don't play well and hold onto leads when you didn't this weekend. OK, we've not done much since the invincibles, but i'm just glad that it doesn't look like anyone's going to break that record anytime soon (it's a moot point, Idk why we're talking about this)

I think Vidic struggles against pace is all, he's obviously a quality CB but Torres ripped him apart every time he played against him (pretty much) and w/out Ferdinand your defence looks very shaky (not that Arsenal can talk) - I think (Hope) Tevez's pace and trickery can be your undoing. I've not said we're brilliant and we're going to win everything etc etc I don't know what us having Wolves at home and Barcelona in the CL has anything to do with anything tbh.

Fin.

All I want to say on this matter is Joey Barton is always targeted for challenges that no one likes, just because of his history......I agree with both of you, Joey chaellenge was a fair one, and yes sometimes players do react.....But fair play to Barton...18 months ago he would of reacted to that sort of abuse....I think he as matured so much as a person and player......can any one remember the wolves game this year!!!???? they were kicking him in the air......and he showed that he had alot of character not to react.

BARTON FOR ENGLAND

All I want to say on this matter is Joey Barton is always targeted for challenges that no one likes, just because of his history......I agree with both of you, Joey chaellenge was a fair one, and yes sometimes players do react.....But fair play to Barton...18 months ago he would of reacted to that sort of abuse....I think he as matured so much as a person and player......can any one remember the wolves game this year!!!???? they were kicking him in the air......and he showed that he had alot of character not to react.

BARTON FOR ENGLAND

I actually agree. I'm not really taking Barton's history into account, more that he generally likes to get stuck in, and for me, his challenge was dangerous.

He has matured significantly, it's great to see tbh although he did punch someone in the chest earlier this season.. You don't want to see any player with that kind of reputation in the PL if he continues to live up to it (why i'm so glad Diouf is gone). He's got his head down and worked hard, so fair play.

I would hate to see Barton leave the PL or Newcastle! Diouf has got it bad now, already getting bullied by Scott Brown lmao! Barton has stepped it up when he needed to. Good on him!

Arsenal have lost good leads more than once in the past couple of seasons.. Tottenham and Wigan are noteable ones. Never 4 goals though, when was the last time a team threw away a 4 goal lead?

I am guessing but it could, ironically, be Newcastle themselves. September 22 1984 at half time the score is Queens Park Rangers 0-4 Newcastle. Final score was 5-5.

rumours flying about concerning match fixing involving dowd and rosicky...but most likely just over-reaction by media to a shock result.

Check out an in-depth tactical analysis of yesterday's dramatic game at #arsenalreport with an interactive average position chalkboard and graphics illustrating the most important points. New blog just open so check it out! http://bit.ly/f1Pev1

Check out an in-depth tactical analysis of yesterday's dramatic game at #arsenalreport with an interactive average position chalkboard and graphics illustrating the most important points. New blog just open so check it out! http://bit.ly/f1Pev1

Er yeah, right.

"4 key refereeing decisions the officials got wrong that changed the game"

You make no mention of Leon Best's 'goal' being wrongly chalked out for offside. So Arsenal Report don't consider this a potential game changer? Or is it a fact it doesn't fit in with your agenda?

Also, RVP WAS offside in the last minute. May only have been by a couple of inches but offside is offside. Besides, the keeper and defender had stopped playing when the whistle blew yet RVP carried on so no guarantee he would of scored anyway.

Er yeah, right.

"4 key refereeing decisions the officials got wrong that changed the game"

You make no mention of Leon Best's 'goal' being wrongly chalked out for offside. So Arsenal Report don't consider this a potential game changer? Or is it a fact it doesn't fit in with your agenda?

Also, RVP WAS offside in the last minute. May only have been by a couple of inches but offside is offside. Besides, the keeper and defender had stopped playing when the whistle blew yet RVP carried on so no guarantee he would of scored anyway.

He was awful, though - all of the officials were - Best's offside goal, the penalty for **** all at the very least we agree on, plus a lot of other challenges from both sides that went unpunished without even a FK - if you watched the whole match, you'd have seen this.

Yes he does. I might not agree with his view on the Barton challenge, but no-one's denying Best was onside...

Neither are you... Your in 3 cups and soon to be out of the champs league... Calum stop getting so up tight.. Arsenal havent done anything yet and it is more then likley all your end up with is the Carling cup( oh the arsneal fans opinions will change)

Thats Rich Coming From A Manchester United Fan.. What Did You Win Last Year? Oh The Carling Cup And Thats A Team That Won The Prem 3 Years In A Row Plus A Champions League AND A Few Community Shields.. WHAT AN IMPROVMENT EH?

This was the best match I have ever watched live (no joke). Tiote's goal at the end just summed it up nicely. BTW I am a Manchester United fan, and yes it is obvious we have declined since the departure of cr7... But this is about Newcastle being FRIGGIN AWESOME