Newcastle United- Time to Stop the Rot

Coming up next, we travel to St. James' Park to hear from Mike Ashley, and for the first time, new manager Sam Tobin.

Reporter: Mike, so many reputable names expressed their interest at the manager's job here. Michael Laudrup, Remi Garde to name a few. What many people want to know is why you picked a twenty year old with no professional managerial experience.

Mike Ashley: Firstly, I think that's extremely disrespectful to the man sitting beside me and if you cannot communicate with common courtesy I won't do this press conference. Secondly, I chose the man with ambition. You won't find a more passionate, determined manager in the footballing world than Sam. He shares a vision for this club unlike anybody else. I don't understand why his age has to be brought up. Laudrup, Garde themselves. They were 20 years old at one point in their lives, and look how they've turned out. For too long we've made decisions to impact the short term; it's time we looked to the long future of this club.

Reporter: I didn't mean any disrespect with the question, I apologize. The point being made here is that you've chosen someone and thrown him straight into the deep end. Are you not worried by the fact he hasn't managed in a professional league before, let alone the Premier League?

Mike Ashley: No.

Reporter: Sam, how would you describe yourself as a manager?

Sam Tobin: I'm just a manager. Of course I'm ambitious; I want the best for this club and the best for each player. I'm determined to succeed here. Everybody needs a place to start, and hopefully this is mine. It's a great club with a beautiful stadium and a team of talented players. All I expect from my players is the same determination and passion that I have for the club.

Reporter: What are your targets for this season?

Sam Tobin: There's being ambitious and there's being realistic. I'd be extremely surprised if we finished in the top four come May. However a club of this prestige and talent is more than capable of finishing in the top six, eight places. If we finish in the bottom half of the table then I'll have failed my job.

Reporter: Are there any players you are looking to bring in?

Sam Tobin: I won't be discussing that.

Reporter: Finally, on the note of players, Yoan Gouffran posted a tweet on social media, seemingly unhappy with your appointment. Will you take any action against him?

Sam Tobin: I don't kn--
Mike Ashley: Yoan will not be pulling on a Newcastle shirt ever again.

Reporter: Thank you.

McAuley is the only one there i feel may not do as good but good luck!

cant wait for this seems good, nice effort and i like you've brought in begovic and berahino

AUGUST
View attachment 307751View attachment 307747

What seemed like a routine victory for Newcastle turned into disappointment for Sam Tobin. Berahino picked up a knock inside 5 minutes and had to be substituted off. Despite that, the home side dominated until Abel Hernandez equalized against the run of play. Cabella hit the woodwork in stoppage time but the points were to stay shared.

View attachment 307746View attachment 307751

A roller coaster of a game at the Liberty Stadium. Joel Campbell made his first start and had a decent impact against the Swans. Berahino opened his Newcastle account and things were looking comfortable. But for the second game in a row, he went off injured and the team collapsed. De Jong's equalizer was lucky to say the least. A hat trick of injuries - Berahino, Janmaat and Ayoze compounded a tough day. Janmaat will be out for 2 months.

Doncaster 0-4 Newcastle
Williamson 5'
Evina OG 36'
Cisse 65'
Riviere 90+1'

A weakened team travelled to Doncaster and entertained the away supporters with an emphatic win to put Newcastle through to the 3rd round, in which they will play

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies by the way guys. About to do the United match

McAuley is the only one there i feel may not do as good but good luck!

I only bought him for rotation but surprisingly he's been one of our best players so far.

Last edited:
I only bought him for rotation but surprisingly he's been one of our best players so far.

When i saw you had posted up first couple results, I was expecting to see him score after I said what I did :p lol

Newcastle got their first league win of their season with a statement of intent against a strong Manchester United side. Cabella was on the end of a Berahino cross to put the Magpies on their way, whilst Saido Berahino scored his second goal in three appearances to seal the three points. It could have been embarrassing for the visitors; Newcastle hit the woodwork four times.

Player of the month: Saido Berahino
The £14m youngster has been an instant hit at Newcastle. Despite coming off after 5 minutes against Hull, he scored against Swansea and Manchester United as well as getting an assist and the man of the match award against the Red Devils.

August League Table

enjoying this keep going, good result vs man utd

September
View attachment 307354View attachment 307353

A dire start to the month as Newcastle fail to score for the first time this season.

View attachment 307353View attachment 756891

A rampage from the Magpies with Joel Campbell scoring his first goal for the club. Could have easily been more than 3.

Bournemouth 4-1 Newcastle
Addison OG 34', Wilson 49' 71', Ritchie 52', Surman 66'

What started off as a routine victory to be, turned into humiliation in Tobin's first loss as Newcastle manager. He paid the price for fielding a weakened team.

View attachment 756912View attachment 307353

Coloccini scored again to cancel out Valencia's opener in a game which Newcastle should have won.

Player of the month: Fabricio Coloccini
View attachment 307341