Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess they are the exception. But Chelsea have less weaknesses then arsenal.

I would consider the general age of the squad to be a weakness

Conclusion to this game: Both defenses were rock solid today. Both offenses lacked creativity

I would consider the general age of the squad to be a weakness

Conclusion to this game: Both defenses were rock solid today. Both offenses lacked creativity
Didn't say chelsea had none, but less.

Is alan pardew on something?? "Gervinho grabbed joey"

To be honest it felt like I was watching a friendly, alot of dilly dallying on the ball and players slow to get around the pitch. The game was wide open if anyone fancied taking it, Cabaye tried but lacked a top striker to play off.

My major worry for Arsenal is striker wise, if RVP goes down they have Chamakh/Vela and I don't think that's enough. If Dzeko was upfront for Arsenal today they would have walked this game honestly, the amount of good crosses that got put in the box was ridiculous.

A genuine 'big man' like Dzeko/Berg/Ibra/Gomez would be just what Arsenal's strikeforce needs... (Lukaku=Ideal)

Cabaye impressed me, Barton disgusted me, Gervinho bamboozled me, Taylor saddened me, Vermaelen pleased me, Ba disappointed me, Tiote pleasured me, Obertan bambi-d me, Rosicky sickened me, Van Persie let-me-down-erd me and well Arsenal on the whole just disappointed me.

Gibbs performed decent but a new LB is needed IMO, if Cesc goes then he should look to bring in someone like a Cairney to add a youthful CM option for him behind Ramsey/Wilshere.

But overall, Joey Barton...Wow.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I think Joey grabbed him initially, but they had hold of each other after the initiial grab

Nooooo, Joey grabbed him by the collar with both hands and Gervinho tried to knock his shoulders to get his arms off his collar.

Barton was completely out of order.

had a different attitude. As proven in todays match.
Did you miss the part where Arshavin had to pull him away from Song? Or the part where he decided he wanted to be a cage fighter and dragged Gervinho up off the ground?

Different attitude my ****.

I think both Taylors did rather well.

I don't mean for his performance, for the ''He elbowed him ref!!'' x10 times and then after the match saying ''I didn't see anything''

That's the bit that saddened me Mads, need to understand how highly I rate Taylor and how much I put him on a pedestal of English CB's...Sad day for Steven Taylor.

my thoughts both should have got a red, how barton never got a red i wil never know.

Now we have no song or gervinho against pool and utd :(

And people wonder why Joey Barton gets so much stickv:(

two times barton escaped blank. diaby and gervinho. sffured least, but barton should have got a red.

dont wanna see that ***** face.!!!!

i thought gervinho was playing great untill he was sent off

Having seen a replay, I'm pretty sure there was contact on Gervinho. Made more of it then there was though.

Erm. Just got back from watching the match...

Difficult game to analyse really - not a lot happened aside from the obvious Barton incident. Newcastle sat back, which wasn't quite what I expected. Figured they would at least try to hit us on the break against a side who has lost two top class players and had a poor pre-season. Arsenal lacked creativity without Cesc and Nasri which was perhaps inevitable so soon into the season.

Thought Gervinho was lively and direct but lacked end product and looked a little nervous which isn't what we've seen of him before now. Think his nervousness was summed up pretty well by his reaction to Barton - he needs a little time to adapt and bed in, but let's just hope he doesn't become like Joe Cole who got sent off on his LFC debut ;)

Now to the real incident.. Firstly, Alex Song's stamp was disgraceful and there's nothing else to say on that. 3 match ban rightly coming his way. He just cannot do that, however much of a ****** Barton is.

ESPN's post-match analysis clearly showed contact in the box when Gervinho went down. Penalty.

The referee patently didn't see anything and was fooled by Barton's antics and Steven Taylor suggesting Gervinho (impossibly) elbowed Barton in the face. The letter of the law says Gervinho should be sent off for raising his hands even though it was just a little slap which happens all the time in matches - Barton dived. There's no other word for it - he's conning the referee and it's worked. I think Wenger was spot-on tbh - send them both off for fighting, or admit that the contact wasn't that bad and both offences were worthy of yellow cards.

Taylor and Barton are a disgrace. But lol at Taylor after the game saying he didn't see anything - credit to the ESPN interviewer pushing him for an answer. He clearly tells the referee that he's seen Gervinho elbow Barton. Stick to your story, or admit that you lied and be a man.

oh and what was Walcott doing taking far to many touches, he should cross it earlier !

Erm. Just got back from watching the match...

Difficult game to analyse really - not a lot happened aside from the obvious Barton incident. Newcastle sat back, which wasn't quite what I expected. Figured they would at least try to hit us on the break against a side who has lost two top class players and had a poor pre-season. Arsenal lacked creativity without Cesc and Nasri which was perhaps inevitable so soon into the season.

Thought Gervinho was lively and direct but lacked end product and looked a little nervous which isn't what we've seen of him before now. Think his nervousness was summed up pretty well by his reaction to Barton - he needs a little time to adapt and bed in, but let's just hope he doesn't become like Joe Cole who got sent off on his LFC debut ;)

Now to the real incident.. Firstly, Alex Song's stamp was disgraceful and there's nothing else to say on that. 3 match ban rightly coming his way. He just cannot do that, however much of a ****** Barton is.

ESPN's post-match analysis clearly showed contact in the box when Gervinho went down. Penalty.

The referee patently didn't see anything and was fooled by Barton's antics and Steven Taylor suggesting Gervinho (impossibly) elbowed Barton in the face. The letter of the law says Gervinho should be sent off for raising his hands even though it was just a little slap which happens all the time in matches - Barton dived. There's no other word for it - he's conning the referee and it's worked. I think Wenger was spot-on tbh - send them both off for fighting, or admit that the contact wasn't that bad and both offences were worthy of yellow cards.

Taylor and Barton are a disgrace. But lol at Taylor after the game saying he didn't see anything - credit to the ESPN interviewer pushing him for an answer. He clearly tells the referee that he's seen Gervinho elbow Barton. Stick to your story, or admit that you lied and be a man.

There actually isn't any such law.

But lol at Taylor after the game saying he didn't see anything - credit to the ESPN interviewer pushing him for an answer. He clearly tells the referee that he's seen Gervinho elbow Barton. Stick to your story, or admit that you lied and be a man.

noticed that as well lol

There actually isn't any such law.

Isn't the law that if a player raises his hands to another player (to his face), it's a sending-off offence? Just like Diaby grabbing Barton by the throat last season.

One question. When Barton manhandled Gervinho after his alleged dive (which wasn't BTW) in the penalty area, why did the referee not give a penalty? It was violent conduct, the ball was still in play, and it happened in the penalty area. Don't really understand referees these days. :S

i thought gervinho was playing great untill he was sent off

He is good at dribbling, that I can admit, but other than that I have to say that he is pretty poor. He had been dribbling way too much, passing away good chances and when he finally passes (or cross?) into the box they are way off target. He seems pretty reluctant to have a go as well. Pretty frustrating game he had if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.