Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register
NewGAN Facepack

NewGAN Facepack v2.2

priisek

Nov 14, 2008
I can't get this to work on fm22, NEWgan manager seems to run fine and creates the config file, but I still have the terrible regen faces afterwards.
How did you get it to go that far? I keep getting error when I press Generate 😢

joyboy160

Mar 18, 2020
How did you get it to go that far? I keep getting error when I press Generate 😢

I uninstalled, deleted everything except the actual faces and re-installed from scratch. Hasn't really helped though as the faces still don't get replaced in game.

priisek

Nov 14, 2008
I uninstalled, deleted everything except the actual faces and re-installed from scratch. Hasn't really helped though as the faces still don't get replaced in game.
Ah ok, really hope this will be fixed for FM22 soon.

Dec 14, 2020
Has anybody figured out a way to use this with regens for custom nations? they never seem to map the faces to any new nations.

Also theres a few real nations that don't get mapped i.e. Mongolian regens never get faces for me

it would be good to get greater diversity and accuracy for East/SEAsian/Central Asian faces too if the devs are looking to update for fm22

dave84cpfc

Nov 20, 2021
I have it working on FM22 but it does seem a bit hit and miss. Current batch of regens (March 2023) when I do the process again with preserve, some get faces and some continue with the game created ones?

TempestDK

Jan 24, 2009
I tried this in FM22, and so far no luck. I can see that the RTF file is generated correctly, and that a config.xml file is generated in the D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager\graphics\Regen faces folder, as before. But it does not replace any of the relevant regen faces in the game.

So it could seem like SI changed something that breaks the way this app works. Let's hope the creator gets it updated to work in the near future :)

Sep 5, 2020
I tried this in FM22, and so far no luck. I can see that the RTF file is generated correctly, and that a config.xml file is generated in the D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager\graphics\Regen faces folder, as before. But it does not replace any of the relevant regen faces in the game.

So it could seem like SI changed something that breaks the way this app works. Let's hope the creator gets it updated to work in the near future :)
i am sure zealand said something in one of his videos or on twitch its being worked on

TempestDK

Jan 24, 2009
Ah .. I got it to work I think. But it doesn't seem to work with all skins.

I couldn't get it to work with the FME Zealand 1.05 skin, but works with 1.08. It didn't work with the Alex Morak skin v1.0, but it does with FLUTSKIN Beta.

You could try to switch to the default FM skin to see if the generated faces show correctly. If so, then the skin you are using, doesn't support this for some reason.

FM Skin:
1637790087578.png

Alex Morak skin:
1637790099347.png

Sep 5, 2020

I couldn't get it to work with the FME Zealand 1.05 skin, but works with 1.08. It didn't work with the Alex Morak skin v1.0, but it does with FLUTSKIN Beta.

You could try to switch to the default FM skin to see if the generated faces show correctly. If so, then the skin you are using, doesn't support this for some reason.

FM Skin:
View attachment 568414

Alex Morak skin:
View attachment 568415
i get the FTF error

TempestDK

Jan 24, 2009

FM Skin:
View attachment 568414

Alex Morak skin:
View attachment 568415
Hmm ... I take it back. I got it to work when testing on a short list of just my own youth squads.

But when trying with a complete list of all Regens, then it shows nothing, no matter which skin I use :/

I understand nothing :D .... but as long as they are working on it, I can wait for an update :) ... I don't start my long term game until I get the lower english leagues editor data :)

Flourix

Dec 8, 2019
I hope the creator of this can update what is neccesary for this to work on FM22, with the new names for different skin tones etc. and whatever else SI changed that makes this not working fluently. Maybe we can raise some sort of money together as a payment to the creator to invest time with this every year.

viktor

Jul 28, 2009
I hope the creator of this can update what is neccesary for this to work on FM22, with the new names for different skin tones etc. and whatever else SI changed that makes this not working fluently. Maybe we can raise some sort of money together as a payment to the creator to invest time with this every year.
I'd be more than happy to do this

Jacko933

Premium
Nov 24, 2019
After a fair bit of tinkering I got it working,
Make sure preferences ‘unticked ‘ use caching to decrease page loading’
‘Ticked ‘ reload skin when confirmation changes
Show screen I’d.

then clear cache and reload skin.

I added a non employed manager to get the whole new gen shortlist.
It eventually worked. It 💯 does work it just takes a bit of time to mess with settings.

now I’ve got to try and add a face a logo pack to it 😂 I’m sure that will mess it up

viktor

Jul 28, 2009
Ok nevermind that last post.

If you're getting the RTF error, make sure when you Select all your newgens for your Text file list, that the shortlist view is 'SCRIPT FACES player search'

RTF Error2.png

This got rid of the error and it worked straight away!