I tried this in FM22, and so far no luck. I can see that the RTF file is generated correctly, and that a config.xml file is generated in the D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager\graphics\Regen faces folder, as before. But it does not replace any of the relevant regen faces in the game.

So it could seem like SI changed something that breaks the way this app works. Let's hope the creator gets it updated to work in the near future :)
i am sure zealand said something in one of his videos or on twitch its being worked on

Ah .. I got it to work I think. But it doesn't seem to work with all skins.

I couldn't get it to work with the FME Zealand 1.05 skin, but works with 1.08. It didn't work with the Alex Morak skin v1.0, but it does with FLUTSKIN Beta.

You could try to switch to the default FM skin to see if the generated faces show correctly. If so, then the skin you are using, doesn't support this for some reason.

FM Skin:
1637790087578.png

Alex Morak skin:
1637790099347.png

I couldn't get it to work with the FME Zealand 1.05 skin, but works with 1.08. It didn't work with the Alex Morak skin v1.0, but it does with FLUTSKIN Beta.

You could try to switch to the default FM skin to see if the generated faces show correctly. If so, then the skin you are using, doesn't support this for some reason.

FM Skin:
View attachment 568414

Alex Morak skin:
View attachment 568415
i get the FTF error

FM Skin:
View attachment 568414

Alex Morak skin:
View attachment 568415
Hmm ... I take it back. I got it to work when testing on a short list of just my own youth squads.

But when trying with a complete list of all Regens, then it shows nothing, no matter which skin I use :/

I understand nothing :D .... but as long as they are working on it, I can wait for an update :) ... I don't start my long term game until I get the lower english leagues editor data :)

Has anyone had any success trying to fix the RTF error?

I hope the creator of this can update what is neccesary for this to work on FM22, with the new names for different skin tones etc. and whatever else SI changed that makes this not working fluently. Maybe we can raise some sort of money together as a payment to the creator to invest time with this every year.

I hope the creator of this can update what is neccesary for this to work on FM22, with the new names for different skin tones etc. and whatever else SI changed that makes this not working fluently. Maybe we can raise some sort of money together as a payment to the creator to invest time with this every year.

I'd be more than happy to do this

After a fair bit of tinkering I got it working,
Make sure preferences ‘unticked ‘ use caching to decrease page loading’
‘Ticked ‘ reload skin when confirmation changes
Show screen I’d.

then clear cache and reload skin.

I added a non employed manager to get the whole new gen shortlist.
It eventually worked. It 💯 does work it just takes a bit of time to mess with settings.

now I’ve got to try and add a face a logo pack to it 😂 I’m sure that will mess it up

Well I think I've found out why we get the RTF error

View attachment 568876

Because it only generates information on the first 12 regens.. and misses out the other 25000...

Help? :ROFLMAO:

Ok nevermind that last post.

If you're getting the RTF error, make sure when you Select all your newgens for your Text file list, that the shortlist view is 'SCRIPT FACES player search'

RTF Error2.png

This got rid of the error and it worked straight away!

I'm not getting an RTF error, the loading bar just stops at around 1/5th of the way and just doesn't load anymore

They put all that work into this cool project that makes FM so much better, only to disband it completely?

After a fair bit of tinkering I got it working,
Make sure preferences ‘unticked ‘ use caching to decrease page loading’
‘Ticked ‘ reload skin when confirmation changes
Show screen I’d.

then clear cache and reload skin.

I added a non employed manager to get the whole new gen shortlist.
It eventually worked. It 💯 does work it just takes a bit of time to mess with settings.

now I’ve got to try and add a face a logo pack to it 😂 I’m sure that will mess it up

This Worked for me perfectly, thank you for sharing it

It works perfectly for me, however after starting a new save for a while I went back to my old one and the faces had gone. So I tried 'preserve' to get them back but instead this gave them new faces from what they had before.

So my basic question is - Can you only have one set of faces over multiple saves, meaning if you generate again, it generates for different saves too? Thank you

They put all that work into this cool project that makes FM so much better, only to disband it completely?

Hoefully someone of the creators reply someday soon with what we can expect, so we know if it is worth the wait playing our regular FM saves or if we should just start them anyways with the original game faces..

Would this work with a pre-existing facepack? i.e. current peoples real faces from the facepack I already have then regens will get their face from this? Or is it one or the other? Thanks

Zealand updated NewGAN Facepack with a new update entry:

NewGAN Manager v1.3.0

NewGAN Manager Update Log for v1.3
  1. Fixed Asian and African South Americans that were misidentified
  2. A popup appears when a new version is available
  3. Better RTF Validation
  4. OS Native Progressbar (app never goes into unresponsive again)
  5. Logging bug fixes (cleaner code)
  6. Shows an error if a subfolder in the facepack is missing to let you know you have to fix it

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not getting an RTF error, the loading bar just stops at around 1/5th of the way and just doesn't load anymore

Downloaded the update with views and filters etc still getting this, any ideas?

Downloaded the update with views and filters etc still getting this, any ideas?

Think I worked it out. I had created a separate folder for regens i done manually as they weren't working and that had its own config. Removed those and it has worked.
Love this thing again!