NewGAN Facepack

NewGAN Facepack v1.3

moschonitro

Jan 10, 2022
hello guys.
I've been reading that a lot of guys with Mac have an issue with installing the program.
Same here, im using the new M1 chip MacBook and nothing seems to work.
I followed every step and also authorised the app to run through the System Preferences but still I get a pop up message saying that the application can't be opened.

Reactions: Corey Lanskey

Crumbleman

May 3, 2010
I run into this with black English guys a lot.
I've been trying to solve it in the discord but no luck there. I've tried reinstalling the app, the filters, views, and faces folder but no matter what the app refuses to duplicate faces meaning I've run out of caucasian faces and soon I'll run out of others too. The mind boggles!

Eabani

Jan 12, 2022
About the "Newgen no longer having faces" topic.

I ran into the same issue (as some faces stopped "generating" for some players at my french club) so I played a bit with the filter, and I am 99% sure the problem does indeed come from the "allow duplicate" button not working. I've done just like Crumbleman did, and nothing fixed it. However, I found a workaround.

I am in 2026, and the actual database of my save is 125k players big. 80k of those players are newgens. And, out of those 80k of those players, 25k are... french!

A thing to note, I do play with an extended french database, containing a lot (and by a lot, I mean hundreds) of fully simulated (and so, generated french newgen) clubs.

So I thinkered with the "is newgen" filter, and made sure that the players base outside of the 3 top leagues of France won't be taken into the RTF File, and won't be generated. It dropped the number of french newgen players to only 2K. I fully overwrited the RTF File and faces and now all my newgen have a face.

I can perfectly live with the fact that players from clubs below the French D3 don't have a face because 99.99% of those newgen won't even make it to the pro' level and I won't ever met them in a match (Outside of the french cup, but I can bear seeing ugly face 2-3 times in a season). And even if they some rare exception of them do one day achieve to join a pro club, well, their face will end up being generated. So yeah, this solution works for me.

However, I do also know that I'm only "stalling" the inevitable, and that, at one point, I will run into this issue again. I can only hope that the "Allow duplicates" button will be fixed before it happens.

All of this to say ; You might encounter this with very large database, so the only workaround I know of is to make sure the filter only takes into account players that are "worth it" by not generating those from obscure leagues where 99.9% of the players have 20PA.

PS ; Sorry for bad english, not mother tongue, blah blah, you know the drill...

Crumbleman

May 3, 2010
This is a good idea, Eabani. I wish I had just given faces to players that are scoutable, rather than trying to get every player worldwide, though as you say this is a temporary fix. I have however emailed the problem to the team so hopefully they help me find a solution to this, because the problem is definitely with the 'Allow Duplicates' button. Though how it happens for me and you but not many others is beyond my understanding. If I find a solution I shall put it here.

thuanhaki

Jan 13, 2022
I cannot open Newgan-manager , although I have successfully opened and used this app many times before . But today, suddenly, I can't open it. Someone please help me :((((((

Marcinholive

Jan 14, 2022
I've been reading the thread and can't find an answer. I've used this amazing program before and it worked seamlessly but on my current save something isn't working somewhere and none of the Newgens in my game get a new face whatsoever. I've "reinstalled" everything, filters, views etc. reloaded the skin, deleted the cache, everything but nothing works. I don't even get any error messages, the program "finishes" but on FM the generated faces are still there.

Anyone have a clue or had the same issue?

Ps. Love the work @Zealand and the team! Keep up the amazing work!

EDIT: I reverted back to the original skin and up to 100% zoom size, tried it all again and it worked. It may have been an issue with FM Rensie's skin or zoom size? Not sure but all working now!
I still have the same Problems, even if i changed the skin back to default and 100% Zoom its not workind. I tried everything, deletet and reinstalled everything but nothing seems to help so far.

pati924ob

Dec 18, 2016
Does anyone now what causes this error; when i look in the log file, there is alot of errors like this:

Ethnic value 15 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002244959
Ethnic value 16 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002505665
Ethnic value 11 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002390072

As the error might tell you, the players on that UID dosent get a new "face"
Is it caused by the duplicate prob. not working in 1.3?

rystaman

Jan 17, 2009
Having the same issue on Mac (10.14.6 Mojave) with:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
    main().main_loop()
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", line 430, in main
    fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log')
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1147, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1176, in _open
    return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/newgan.log'
Looks to be a permission issue with Python as I've found answers to this on StackOverflow. However altering the permissions of the app with BatCHmod does absolutely nothing so I don't know whether the error is actually pointing to something else.

Last edited:

miguelinho

Aug 11, 2010
Hi guys, I'm having no issue implementing this for players. Is there a way to do it for staff? The scripts for the players nor the search for newgens don't work in the staff search. Cheers