Hi guys, I'm having no issue implementing this for players. Is there a way to do it for staff? The scripts for the players nor the search for newgens don't work in the staff search. Cheers

Just spoke to someone on Zeelands discord about this issue, I seem to not be getting faces on my Mongolian Newgens, all the other nations work apart from Mongolia. I was told to report it here as several other people have had the same issues.

guys, I keep getting RTF file not valid. Never had this issue before, and I just cannot get a resolution.

All the searches and filters and views are all correct, but not working at all.

Every file I try, even the previous RTF files don't work.

Any help with the RTF issue????

Cheers!

Same problem as most above. It will not generate faces for Japanese players, hasnt since 2025 in-game. Would love a fix

everything seems to work fine and it looks like it should work, but when i go into the game nothing has changed, this happened to anyone else?

Hi guys, I have a problem with the NewGAN manager since today. I'm playing FM for a few weeks now and since then I'm also using the NewGAN Manager. Today I wanted to use it again, but it did not open. I have already restarted my PC, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but nothing works. I don't know where the problem could be. Can someone here maybe help me?
Best regards from Germany (sorry for my english, you know the drill)

I'm finding that it will no longer give faces to Africans. When I go into the newgan. log file and search for the newgen'd UID I see the following: "Ethnicity African has no faces left for mapping."

UPDATE: Problem solved. There are 12,000 faces in my African folder numbered from African0 to African11999. I copied them and renamed them numbered starting with African12000, pasted the renamed images back into the African folder and reran the program which resolved the problem.

UPDATED UPDATE: Problem not sorted ... this is just a workaround .. the allow duplicates is obviously not working

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed it all fine and it’s working but I’m a bit confused over where it’s saving the assigned faces.
In a different newgen system I use there’s a folder that gets created called “in game faces” but I don’t see anything like that with this system.
Do I have to keep the RTF file created each year or can it be deleted after each cycle?
I’m not the most computer savvy sorry, just trying to understand it.

Tried to add in new regens, preserve didn't work, so I decided to generate new faces. Now all my African players are SEAsian, and the new regens still don't have faces.

This pack doesn't give faces to the "faceless" persons that already is in the database (not newgen). Also does not affect staff, who are often more permanent in your club than most players (still original cartoon faces). Other than that, this is pretty awesome!

Hi,

I can't seem to get this to work on FM22 - i got it to work fine on FM21 but in this new game i can't get it to work.

I have followed every step on both the videoes Zealand have made about this. The original and the new video, any i have done everything in them.

I have installed the new Newgan app and cleared the cache and reloaded the skin but i't doesn't work for me.

This is a picture of what i have done inside the app but it all seems fine to me.
https://gyazo.com/575c081e32ad0108d533a3aef204e68c

I really hope someone can help me because it makes the game sooo much better when the newgans have "real" faces because the premade faces are trash!

I can't seem to get this to work on FM22 - i got it to work fine on FM21 but in this new game i can't get it to work.
I failed to get the pack working as well the first time. The video below (for FM21 and a previous version of the pack so not 100% identical) helped in this regard. A lot less flair than Zealand, but the superior positioning made it easier to follow ;)

Keep trying to generate pictures but constantly come across the same issue, was wondering if anyone has come across a fix for this.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    349 KB · Views: 122
They are in the views folder of the Program:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Programs\NewGAN Manager\app\views

Just copy those to your FM21 views folder, and they will be selectable in the game.
I have no VIEWS folder???

This pack doesn't give faces to the "faceless" persons that already is in the database (not newgen). Also does not affect staff, who are often more permanent in your club than most players (still original cartoon faces). Other than that, this is pretty awesome!
But you can run regen staff through the newgan.

Having the same issue on Mac (10.14.6 Mojave) with:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
    main().main_loop()
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", line 430, in main
    fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log')
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1147, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1176, in _open
    return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/newgan.log'

Looks to be a permission issue with Python as I've found answers to this on StackOverflow. However altering the permissions of the app with BatCHmod does absolutely nothing so I don't know whether the error is actually pointing to something else.

Same

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
main().main_loop()
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", line 430, in main
fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log')
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1147, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1176, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/newgan.log'

So I've done this facepack a few times, and yes it does work.
Sometimes though, it misses some players.

And also I've just gotten the youth intake, but only a few players face were changed, and the rest are still the normal regen face? What's up with that??

I have problem where I can't find the "newGAN filter" nor the "views" in game. They are in folders under sports interactive -> football manager 22 -> filters and views respectively on my Mac. But when I try to apply them in game they are nowhere to be found. Any suggestions?