Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Nice work! I'm unfortunately clueless on how to create my own but tbh would take the 1 hour if it meant I could play through at least a season more of my save.
Drop me a DM if you want, I'll try to get it set up so it works generally and not just on my local machine, hopefully at latest during the weekend 🙂

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I took the plunge and installed the newgan facepack to add to the realism a little. I've eventually got it to work, well mostly I think. I've now fixed it so my whole team has faces, and those within my scouting knowledge. Some players I have sold earlier in the same season and a player who I've bought and has a scout rating have not however updated. Does anyone know why this is? Do I need to rescout, then update and do another face generation?
I'm sorry if my explanation is lacking n technical terminology, I don't usually attempt to mod anything!

Reaction score
Seems to be 'Preserve' is buggy or so. It skips players. My workaround:

1. Back up your config.xml
2. Generate new players
3. Rename the new config.xml to Faces.xml, and rename the backup to config.xml again
4. Look up ingame which players in your team are missing faces
5. Look name up in the RTF file
6. Control + F in Faces.xml
7. Copy the line for said player to Config.xml

Its a hassle, but it works.

I noticed when using 'Generate' it doesn't skip players, so I am sure 'Preserve' is bugged.

Reaction score
I wanted to reinstall the software because of a software crash (which I managed to do) but since the software is installed, it doesn't run at all (it doesn't even appear in the task manager)

Have you ever had this problem ?

Reaction score
The Newgan application won't start up for me now. Not sure how to fix this,

Reaction score
Yeah. I ended up just making my own script tbh, it works, so far, 100% of the time. Main issue is that it is WAY slower than this tool, I have no idea how they manage to make it so fast. What takes about 10 seconds with this tool takes around 1 hour for mine. It works, but it's slow.
Hey man, could you please share this? I don't care it takes so long, I could just do it overnight, but I reaaally need something that works.

Reaction score
I'm having the issue in which the app won't run anymore too. Tried reinstall it, installed older versions, but it won't run.

Reaction score
I'm running the latest Zealand Skin on a 2020 M1 chip Mac and I have recently downloaded the newgan face pack and it looks great. However, the game has suddenly started to crash frequently. Has anyone else encountered these problems and is there any possible solutions?

Reaction score
I'm having the issue in which the app won't run anymore too. Tried reinstall it, installed older versions, but it won't run.
Found the solution.

You need to delete the installation folder in the app data / new gan manager folder and then do another reinstall

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just a quick question. If I have two different save files, do I use the same profile for each? Will each rtf file work for separate saves? For example, if I have a journeyman save where I've implemented the facepack, would I have to select preserve if I was attempting to use the facepack in a second save? Any help would be appreciated.