For some reason I am having trouble with the "exclude your team players" in the search filters. Each time I untick this, none of my players are in the list. Nevertheless, it works.

I've tried everything and I can't get this to work on FM23

The config it creates is 1kb and empty

Got this to work, it looks brilliant! As I don't have the editor, I had to add an unemployed manager. Can I delete them now it's installed and does he have to remain active? Cheers!

I fully appreciate that this might just be me, but I can't get "Ctrl+A" to work to select all in FM23. It breaks things if I scroll the list. Any suggestions?

Hey, just had my next crop of youngsters come through and they don't have faces. Is that right is doesn't apply them automatically? What steps do I need to do to give each new lot of newgens faces? Thanks!

Hi Folks, I'd had some issues and found a few fixes that worked for me, one when using Mac and one generally that I've seen posted on GitHub repository for NewGAN downloads.

Running NewGAN app on Apple Mac Silicon (M1 chip etc)

you need to make sure you have the following ticked as NewGan app was developed on Intel hardware, so you need to use Rosetta to emulate Intel hardware for this app - see screenshot below - you can enable this by selecting get info where the NewGAN.app within the application folder - should be under favourites in finder window or just use search to find it.

Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 17.11.25.png

Nationalities do not import from FM into RTF File - Posted by moehrem

Using custom skins causes an issues with player search which means the RTF we use with NewGAN doesn't populate the RTF file correctly (creates blanks under nationality in the RTF file), t
he standard skin shows the nations flag AND the nations 3-letter abbreviation. many 3rd party skins shows nation flag only which creates blanks meaning no mapping for faces.

Currently the solve it this way:

1. Reset the Skin to the "Football Manager" standard skin
2. Restart the game (you must do this step, do not skip/reload skin as this does not work)
3. open player search with custom filter and view from NewGAN
4. check, if its not just the flag shown in the nations column, but also the short term / 3 letters nations abbreviation
5. all the rest as per instructions: export, use NewGAN-Manager, enjoy new faces

You can then switch back to custom skin. *Note - this will need to be done again for each subsequent season youth intake.

Hope this helps anyone struggling if not aware of these - not sure if any mods/admins/Zealand can post a sticky somewhere to link to this as couldn't find anything posted covering as yet.

Neil_z

Hello, great mod but I have a question.
Will there be an update? Is there any work on this or is this the final version?
Regards

Will there be an update? Is there any work on this or is this the final version?
Regards

Not sure - last update was in Feb 15 and various issues reported in - see link below

Preserve feature is bugged at the moment (at least on Mac) and just hangs when being run on subsequent seasons regens (newgan.log just shows running preserve and does not progress to mapping faces)

I've been using it for 2 years, I've been playing FM 2021 and I've never had any problems, nothing has ever crashed, maybe it happened a few times that the photos of the black player were assigned to the white player or vice versa, I suspect that the problems are caused by the installation of the game , cluttering the computer, problems with the operating system / programs such as python or incorrect use of the mod or other similar problems that have nothing to do with this mod

Last edited:
Hi Folks, I'd had some issues and found a few fixes that worked for me, one when using Mac and one generally that I've seen posted on GitHub repository for NewGAN downloads.

Running NewGAN app on Apple Mac Silicon (M1 chip etc)

you need to make sure you have the following ticked as NewGan app was developed on Intel hardware, so you need to use Rosetta to emulate Intel hardware for this app - see screenshot below - you can enable this by selecting get info where the NewGAN.app within the application folder - should be under favourites in finder window or just use search to find it.

View attachment 607145

Nationalities do not import from FM into RTF File - Posted by moehrem

Using custom skins causes an issues with player search which means the RTF we use with NewGAN doesn't populate the RTF file correctly (creates blanks under nationality in the RTF file), t
he standard skin shows the nations flag AND the nations 3-letter abbreviation. many 3rd party skins shows nation flag only which creates blanks meaning no mapping for faces.

Currently the solve it this way:

1. Reset the Skin to the "Football Manager" standard skin
2. Restart the game (you must do this step, do not skip/reload skin as this does not work)
3. open player search with custom filter and view from NewGAN
4. check, if its not just the flag shown in the nations column, but also the short term / 3 letters nations abbreviation
5. all the rest as per instructions: export, use NewGAN-Manager, enjoy new faces

You can then switch back to custom skin. *Note - this will need to be done again for each subsequent season youth intake.

Hope this helps anyone struggling if not aware of these - not sure if any mods/admins/Zealand can post a sticky somewhere to link to this as couldn't find anything posted covering as yet.

Neil_z
You are a life savior my friend!

I've been trying to figure it out since fm22 and couldn't.

I have a question tho, what if I want to change manually a photo of a newgen?
How do I do that? Ive tried using the FM XML app but cant simply overwrite the picture the newgen manager decided for my player.

You are a life savior my friend!

I've been trying to figure it out since fm22 and couldn't.

I have a question tho, what if I want to change manually a photo of a newgen?
How do I do that? Ive tried using the FM XML app but cant simply overwrite the picture the newgen manager decided for my player.
No idea, assume it would be the same way you would manually change for a non-regen with a new picture matching the player ID number (as with facepacks) but haven't tried as yet.

Not sure - last update was in Feb 15 and various issues reported in - see link below

Preserve feature is bugged at the moment (at least on Mac) and just hangs when being run on subsequent seasons regens (newgan.log just shows running preserve and does not progress to mapping faces)

My regen in season 1 has regular faces. Season 2 add on, then when i go for season 3, they get generated but season 2 disappear (blank background). It is related to the "preserve bug"?

Hello,

I noticed an error in the nationality recognition. Players of Czech nationality are assigned African faces and it doesn't fit. Czechs are white.

Kinda wish that Zea and the Newgan devs would update it + make a new facepack. Really love this, since I always play long-term saves, but such an amazing tool would be awesome to have updated every once in a while. Really appreciate the hard work.

Hello folks... i used the newgan manager for fm22 and 23 but since today it isnt working anymore, i couldnt start it anymore even after a reinstallation and at this point i dont know whats to do... im using it on my windows 10 - and as stated flawless until today

Regards
unfortunately I have to improve, I played the 14th English league on a huge database, in the first year everything was ok, but after 3 years less and less photos of players are replaced and the further the worse and less

I've been using it for 2 years, I've been playing FM 2021 and I've never had any problems, nothing has ever crashed, maybe it happened a few times that the photos of the black player were assigned to the white player or vice versa, I suspect that the problems are caused by the installation of the game , cluttering the computer, problems with the operating system / programs such as python or incorrect use of the mod or other similar problems that have nothing to do with this mod
unfortunately I have to improve, I played the 14th English league on a huge database, in the first year everything was ok, but after 3 years less and less photos of players are replaced and the further the worse and less
and all this with 23,000 players and newgen 1.3.1

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm having an issue where some Newgan faces aren't appearing. It only happens to some and not the majority. Like this one in the photo attached.
20221221213004_1.jpg