I have problem where I can't find the "newGAN filter" nor the "views" in game. They are in folders under sports interactive -> football manager 22 -> filters and views respectively on my Mac. But when I try to apply them in game they are nowhere to be found. Any suggestions?
Have you managed to figure out the problem?

its works for all the regens except my team, have i done it wrong?
Under the additional conditions box there is the "exclude" dropdown. Open this and tick own players. You may need to redo the process from there to include them.

I'm having an issue in which only the first 8000 or so NewGens are being recorded in the RTF file out of a possible 177687. I am using CTRL A to select all and have double checked that they are all highlighted which they are.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to select all?

The NewGAN app wont open for me, looked on the GitHub of the application and some others have reported as a bug over a year ago. Does anyone else have this issue or a way to help make it work, thanks. Previously had it working with FM22

hi, ive followed every step correctly but when on newGAN manager i try to replace faces but comes up with an error saying ' RTF file is not valid ' how can i fix this? Windows.

I had one question in regard to how the AI chooses ethnicity for the image chosen. I have this one intake that has an Asian name origin and the regen graphic face was asian, but was born in Wales, is Welsh and has no connection to any Asian country in his bio, personal details. Which makes the image generated always a Caucasian. I was curious is there a way I can ensure an Asian image is generated for individuals? ie a personal detail or backend edit I can make so the newgan AI generator gives this particular player an Asian ethnic image?

I had one question in regard to how the AI chooses ethnicity for the image chosen. I have this one intake that has an Asian name origin and the regen graphic face was asian, but was born in Wales, is Welsh and has no connection to any Asian country in his bio, personal details. Which makes the image generated always a Caucasian. I was curious is there a way I can ensure an Asian image is generated for individuals? ie a personal detail or backend edit I can make so the newgan AI generator gives this particular player an Asian ethnic image?

**FIX FOR RANDOM ETHNICITY**

If you are seeing this problem its because you are using the wrong view when creating shortlist.

I was getting same problem because I was using the “NEWGAN” view but this view doesn’t account for nationalities.

You need to use the “SCRIPTS FACES” View. This should fix it.

**FIX FOR RANDOM ETHNICITY**

If you are seeing this problem its because you are using the wrong view when creating shortlist.

I was getting same problem because I was using the “NEWGAN” view but this view doesn’t account for nationalities.

You need to use the “SCRIPTS FACES” View. This should fix it.

Hey thanks for the reply, and no I am using the SCRIPT FACES view and it is inserting accurate ethnicities on most if not all players I have checked that, but they have either nationalities or places of birth in Asia, Africa etc.

It's this one player in particular that has the name Chris Cheung, cantonese last name, BUT the player's backend details are all Welsh. Which is making the Script Faces generate a Welsh ethnic image for his face. So just was curious if there was anything I can do to manipulate the player details to ensure the ethnicity of the image the AI generated.
20230328_091132_HDR.jpg
20230328_091153_HDR (1).jpg
20230328_091117_HDR.jpg
20230328_091200_HDR.jpg

Hey thanks for the reply, and no I am using the SCRIPT FACES view and it is inserting accurate ethnicities on most if not all players I have checked that, but they have either nationalities or places of birth in Asia, Africa etc.

It's this one player in particular that has the name Chris Cheung, cantonese last name, BUT the player's backend details are all Welsh. Which is making the Script Faces generate a Welsh ethnic image for his face. So just was curious if there was anything I can do to manipulate the player details to ensure the ethnicity of the image the AI generated. View attachment 627705View attachment 627706View attachment 627709View attachment 627708

At this point I am also open to just editing this one player's image manually, but I am also having issues doing this as the NEWGAN image supercedes the manual one I have attempted to input.

Is there a way to manually edit on regen image, if they are in the NEWGAN RTF? Or is there a way to remove the player from the RTF without corrupting the RTF file to not work in the NEWGAN app.

At this point I am also open to just editing this one player's image manually, but I am also having issues doing this as the NEWGAN image supercedes the manual one I have attempted to input.

Is there a way to manually edit on regen image, if they are in the NEWGAN RTF? Or is there a way to remove the player from the RTF without corrupting the RTF file to not work in the NEWGAN app.

Huzzah! I figured out how to manage this one image through the config file.

Huzzah! I figured out how to manage this one image through the config file.

LOL, now I have somehow managed to remove the media and my own managers image and they've been replaced by the black silouhette images.

Anyone know how I can recover the normal graphic images for media, and my own manager's image? Oy Vey.

Last edited:
LOL, now I have somehow managed to remove thew staff and my own players image and they've been replaced by the black silouhette images.

Anyone know how I can recover the normal graphic images for media, and my own manager's image? Oy Vey.

Anyone know what I may have done? All I did was edit the config to add in the manual face for the above mentioned regen. And while that worked it also removed my manager's profile's graphic image as well as the media images that were graphics and now all are the black silouhette instead.

Huzzah, I figured it out.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with this, i tried to update my newgan after the 1st time which was fine, but after updating it some facepacks gone off the screen and when i tried to do it again, all my old newgan faces gone back to the default regen faces and the new ones which i want to update has faces, im so confused now, any help would be appreciated.

I've finally found a solution to the problem where the program stops replacing newgens faces after couple of seasons.

The solution is to simply downgrade to the 1.2.1 version here. Tried it on my save and it replaced all faces (before out of 144k newgens only half of them had faces)

Edit: Make sure you use the views and filters from the 1.3.1 version