I followed the steps and a lot of the regens have the new faces but my own teams regens still have the default game 1s so not sure what's happened there.

When you did the search you forgot to un-tick the checkbox "exclude my team players", it is at the bottom left of the search pop-up window.

Having issues with program not responding?

I had the problem while generating 27.000 faces.
One thing that seemed to help is actually not having FM21 running in the background.
At least I shut down FM21, and retried, and then it generated all of them in about 5 minutes.
So if you are having this issue, make sure you have shut down FM21 when generating.

When you did the search you forgot to un-tick the checkbox "exclude my team players", it is at the bottom left of the search pop-up window.

Yeah I made sure that was unticked. I'm doing it on FM20 and have the in game editor showing ticked "Show all players in search" as well but still no joy and a lot of other teams regens have the default faces still as well. It only shows around 6000 players in my search as well when searching for players between 15 & 23 as I'm in season 2024-25 currently.

Last edited:
rly? on my pc i had to wairt over an hour for 1000 faces and that was when i canceled it...
Well my PC is brand spanking new, and high-specced. That probably helped on the processing time.

**Edit: Are you having FM21 running while you are generating? ... because it stopped the generation on my PC**

Last edited:
Is there like a limited number you can generate at any one time? at the moment i am trying to generate 3500 faces in the first season and it works for some but you go like a 10th of the way down the list and its newgen face again from then on. Weirdly if you select from the bottom it generates from the bottom instead and then does a similar amount working it's way up before stopping

Im still just getting the NEWGAN programme not responding once i click generate after like 3 seconds of it trying to generate.
I had it running fine but had to do a "preserve" as per the instructions in the video and it made all newgens go back to default so i started again doing a fresh generate and now this. Got me round the bend !

Edit. If anyone is having this problem, reset the view in player search then go back to the special view from the programme otherwise when you generate the text file it isnt formatted correctly for the programme to recongise.

Last edited:
rly? on my pc i had to wairt over an hour for 1000 faces and that was when i canceled it...
I did generate with 5k players, next season I did preserve with 9k players: it did it for me in a minute or so. First one was quicker I think, 2nd time I'm not so sure, I had to close the game and then it finished right away

Anyone struggling to download the file from torrent? ETA is 2 days. I have 150mb up and down internet. Any solutions?

no trouble with the torrent - downloading it now and it looks like it's complete in 30 mins

After the NewGAN Manager has recovered from the "not responding" status it just doesn't continue to work. I checked the newgan.log and saw that no more players get added after about 39000. I clicked on "replace faces" again and it just started all over again. Something is not right here, sadly.

After the NewGAN Manager has recovered from the "not responding" status it just doesn't continue to work. I checked the newgan.log and saw that no more players get added after about 39000. I clicked on "replace faces" again and it just started all over again. Something is not right here, sadly.
Was FM21 running while you were generating?

I tried to create 27.000 faces, and after like 15 seconds it hung in 'not responding' for like 15 minutes before I ended the program.
I quit FM21 and tried again, and it finished generating in 5 minutes.

I tried to create 27.000 faces, and after like 15 seconds it hung in 'not responding' for like 15 minutes before I ended the program.

its not a difference wheither fm21 is open or not. its just stuck at map ethnicity to players

No, I saw your comment so I closed it after getting the rtf file. I have an AMD 3900X (12 core) so it's definitely not my processor.

its not a difference wheither fm21 is open or not. its just stuck at map ethnicity to players

Yeah its more like the programm crashes after "not responding". And I tried it with less pictures (arround 200) btw. To test if it works at all. But thats not an option for me because I want to have all the new/regens replaced.

Can confirm. Tried it again (with every New/regen in my save) and it crashed after 39133 players. For a second time.

Last edited:
It works fine for me BUT :

- There are still some regens with no "real faces", don't know why because the other ones are perfectly fine
- The "preserve" thing doesn't seem to work for me either, actually all my regens seem to have their faces removed after that

o_O

One more workaround, add new unemployed manager, do the search (when you are not "attached" to a team you have more visibility in the search than when you have a scouting team, that part of the realism :D), follow the rest of the steps, retire the manager.
Best solution if you are managing a small team and don't want to purchase the editor! Nice tip!

Anyone struggling to download the file from torrent? ETA is 2 days. I have 150mb up and down internet. Any solutions?

I just checked the seedboxes. All performing very well, I don't believe the issue is on our end!