Any update on the preserve not working lads ?

Kind Regards

An update to the NewGAN Manager Program should be out very soon which I think fixes the preserve function.

You likely didn't have the correct view up. In Player Search, if you edit search and untick exclude your team's players you should be able to get a list of all the players you know. If you then limit it to only newgens (via In-Game Editor) or maybe only via age, the you load the SCRIPTS FACES player search view, select all players in the list (Ctrl+A) and then print to .rtf file. The only time it should take a second to generate the config.xml file is when you have fewer than 1,000 faces. After that, turn off caching and reload the skin and they should show up.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I had the view right - I confirmed the players I want to generate faces for appear in the RTF file... So that should have been OK, right?

Thanks for the feedback. I think I had the view right - I confirmed the players I want to generate faces for appear in the RTF file... So that should have been OK, right?

Did the view you had have the players' UID, Nationality, 2nd Nationality, Name, and then 3 columns with whole numbers in each column?

Yep. They are in the RTF file too.
How many players are you trying to assign faces and how large is the .rtf file? Also, make sure program has the facepack folder set correctly and not to the entire graphics pack or one of the subfolders of the facepack.

How many players are you trying to assign faces and how large is the .rtf file? Also, make sure program has the facepack folder set correctly and not to the entire graphics pack or one of the subfolders of the facepack.

Ultimately, I would like to do faces for my whole save file. I'm playing with entirely fictional players, so it would be great to replace them all (~38k). However, for now I'm just trying to do my squad, so I can confirm that I can get this to work. It's 35 players. The RTF file is all of 8KB.

I've set everything according to the instructions on the web page here: https://beta.fm-base.co.uk/articles/sagkrzealand-facepack/. My image directory as I've entered it into NewGan is: E:\Users\Steve\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\faces\FMNEWGANv2/.

Thanks for your help!

Liam updated SAGKRZealand Facepack with a new update entry:

FMNEWGANV2 + UPDATE PACK 1 + NewGAN-Manager v1.1.0

Facepack

If you've already downloaded and extracted the original face pack just download the "FMNEWGANv2 Update 1.7z" .torrent file. If you don't have the face pack already downloaded, download the "FMNEWGANv2.7z" .torrent file, it already has all the updated files.

If you've already downloaded the original face pack, your FM21 graphics folder (%userprofile%\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics) should have the face pack folder called...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have one question. Can I only use one face generator pack at a time? I generated staff faces but then my player's faces disappeared.

When I extract this new updated I get an error in 7-zip saying the compression method is unsupported. Anybody else had that?

You can now download the update via torrent or mirror with no compression issues. Full merged pack (all the faces + updates) will be up within the hour. Sorry for the compression error!

I have one question. Can I only use one face generator pack at a time? I generated staff faces but then my player's faces disappeared.
If you create one config.xml file, rename it to something else and create the other one you can then manually combine them with a text editor. It's tricky work, but it is possible.

Everything is now available to download and is working fine.

One question.. When new ones regens would come, I’ve been adding them all to the shortlist until now because of preserve bug. etc. That's work absolutely fine, but the problem is nearly 8000 regens on the shortlist and more to come, the game starts to struggle and it takes longer and longer to load, which is normal.

My question is, when the new regens comes, is it necessary to add these new ones to the old shortlist of 8000 and more regions or is it only possible to add those say 500 to the new one and use the preserve or generate option? Thanks in advance.