Is it just me, or has the latest update made it so that it no longer really registers on black newgens, at least some of them? It seems to skip some newgens, and by coincidence or by error, they're all black...

Ok, Im stuck.

How does Staff work? Cant figure out how to filter to just newgen staff.

Is it just me, or has the latest update made it so that it no longer really registers on black newgens, at least some of them? It seems to skip some newgens, and by coincidence or by error, they're all black...
How many newgens are you assigning? It could just be running out of faces for that ethnicity

I not use the ingame editor, and i tried follow the instructions with the new filter data. But it seems I'm to stupid. When i try to open the filter data, data not appers! I tried to start the games as administrator, but not solve my problem. Would be nice if Zealand could make a tutorial for the filter... maybe I miss something...

I not use the ingame editor, and i tried follow the instructions with the new filter data. But it seems I'm to stupid. When i try to open the filter data, data not appers! I tried to start the games as administrator, but not solve my problem. Would be nice if Zealand could make a tutorial for the filter... maybe I miss something...
I've made a tutorial you can follow

How many newgens are you assigning? It could just be running out of faces for that ethnicity

It's a large batch of ~60.000 newgens... But I'm sorry, are you telling me that there's an upper limit? Why wouldn't it just choose a random face, and then re-use that face again later by random choice? That's how all other similar scripts previous to this tool worked, why would this otherwise excellent tool take a step back in that regards?

It's a large batch of ~60.000 newgens... But I'm sorry, are you telling me that there's an upper limit? Why wouldn't it just choose a random face, and then re-use that face again later by random choice? That's how all other similar scripts previous to this tool worked, why would this otherwise excellent tool take a step back in that regards?
Because that's how the program that creates the config was coded originally. It's been requested as a feature since the release and the developer of the program is working on adding it in a future update.

For now, the workaround is just duplicating a bunch of the images you're running out of and then using a program to mass rename them so they fit nicely with the naming scheme. Renaming them might not be necessary but it could avoid any issues that would come from parentheses or any other unexpected characters appearing in the file names.

I'm in 2023 with my save game, and I've followed all the steps (adding new manager and using the filter provided). Faces have been generated for all ~7500 newgens perfectly. My question is - when I run the program next season, should I use the preserve function? Before the update that did not work as intended. How should I proceed in the future? I do not want to be re-assigning fresh faces to newgens every year.

Because that's how the program that creates the config was coded originally. It's been requested as a feature since the release and the developer of the program is working on adding it in a future update.

For now, the workaround is just duplicating a bunch of the images you're running out of and then using a program to mass rename them so they fit nicely with the naming scheme. Renaming them might not be necessary but it could avoid any issues that would come from parentheses or any other unexpected characters appearing in the file names.

That's fair enough I suppose, must have completely missed the discussion about this. Thanks for the workaround suggestion though, will implement this for now.

I'm in 2023 with my save game, and I've followed all the steps (adding new manager and using the filter provided). Faces have been generated for all ~7500 newgens perfectly. My question is - when I run the program next season, should I use the preserve function? Before the update that did not work as intended. How should I proceed in the future? I do not want to be re-assigning fresh faces to newgens every year.
The preserve function was fixed with the NewGAN Manager v1.1.0 update and should work with no issues.

Hey Zealand the facepack is really great but there is an annoying problem. I am on year 2029. i have loaded many leagues. I get like 1000 15years old players. I save the list as normal but only like 300-400 of them get facepack. I opened the text file and i saw it doesnt save all the names as text file. Any ideas?

Hi! My pc is not the best and I know it would explode if I tried to use the program so I just downloaded the facepack and apply the faces manually to the NewGens I want, so can you please tell me the meaning of some folders so I get ethnicities right?

The ones I don't know are: EECA, MENA, MESA, SAMed and Seasian

Hi! My pc is not the best and I know it would explode if I tried to use the program so I just downloaded the facepack and apply the faces manually to the NewGens I want, so can you please tell me the meaning of some folders so I get ethnicities right?

The ones I don't know are: EECA, MENA, MESA, SAMed and Seasian

taking a guess

EECA - Eastern European, Central Asian
MENA - Middle Eastern, North African
MESA - Middle Eastern, South African
SAMed - South Asian, Mediterranian
Seasian - South East Asian

maybe someone more knowledgeable can verify

The preserve function was fixed with the NewGAN Manager v1.1.0 update and should work with no issues.

Can confirm, works perfectly now. Cheers to the team. Well done. (y):)

Anyone else having the issue where the filter won't import? I had other filters that worked so I tried deleting them but I still can't get it to import.

EDIT: Just seen that they removed the is regen search "accidentally"
Does it not seem a little suspicious that this gets released and then SI remove something important to you use this program. Putting on a tin foil hat but the timing seems a little bit odd imo

Last edited:
taking a guess

EECA - Eastern European, Central Asian
MENA - Middle Eastern, North African
MESA - Middle Eastern, South African
SAMed - South Asian, Mediterranian
Seasian - South East Asian

maybe someone more knowledgeable can verify
EECA, MENA and Seasian are right.
MESA is Middle Eastern, South Asian
SAMed is South American, Mediterranean

I've managed to get this working except im having issues when applying the faces to the regens in my own club otherwise works perfectly. Did this on FM20 if that's relevant.

I've managed to get this working except im having issues when applying the faces to the regens in my own club otherwise works perfectly. Did this on FM20 if that's relevant.
Hey i had the same problem but it's pretty easy.
There are two solutions.
A. if you use the script search result remember to tick off the exclude your own squad results.
B. If you go to your squad screen just use the script faces squad (import it)