your IF can be on support or attack but i think attack would be better.

also mate how did you get young players on the cheap? i have Will Hughes & Umtiti on my shortlist but i can't afford the value now in the first season

It's really not that hard, but you got to have patience to wait for the second or even third season.

Well, the easy way is to destabilise the player first by declaring your interest. After that, keep making some bids at half price. It's ok if you get rejected. Then when the player has only one year left in his contract, they usually become quite cheap. :)

It's really not that hard, but you got to have patience to wait for the second or even third season.

Well, the easy way is to destabilise the player first by declaring your interest. After that, keep making some bids at half price. It's ok if you get rejected. Then when the player has only one year left in his contract, they usually become quite cheap. :)

cheers mate

Do you man mark with your IFs? I am not using your tactic but mine is similar, however having big problems with the defensive role of attacking IFs and my team gets well exposed on the wing with them. How do you deal with that?

Also CWB and IF seems to overflow the wings, but they seem not to work together as in real life overloading where in the end a wing back or forward will get to a good shooting/passing/crossing position. In game engine it seems they are just over there in the same position doing absolutely nothing.

Do you man mark with your IFs? I am not using your tactic but mine is similar, however having big problems with the defensive role of attacking IFs and my team gets well exposed on the wing with them. How do you deal with that?

Also CWB and IF seems to overflow the wings, but they seem not to work together as in real life overloading where in the end a wing back or forward will get to a good shooting/passing/crossing position. In game engine it seems they are just over there in the same position doing absolutely nothing.

it's the match engine mate, hopefully they will fix this in the new update

Using a macbook pro and when I download the tactic it try open it, it opens FM13? Any reason why this is?

I did some tweaks on the mid with your tactic and seems to work better. You defensive instruction and forward once are very good. Inside forwards are beasts.

Try to drag the DLP to DM position and play him as an anchor man - keep the instructions - short passing
The right mid advanced playmaker - run wide, shoot less often, direct and risky passes... keep the rest of the instructions (I think it was press more, and mark tightly).
The left mid - run wide, shoot less often, drible less and direct and risky passes also...keep the rest of the instructions (again keep the rest of the instructions

The result - the 2 central mids are making a good defending double pivot (only over run in case of a flat 3 mid), and they over load the wing as you have an AM in attacking phace.

I need to test it further with man marking on these 2 in the mid, but seems that both zonal and marking instructions work very well with your tactic.

I did some tweaks on the mid with your tactic and seems to work better. You defensive instruction and forward once are very good. Inside forwards are beasts.

Try to drag the DLP to DM position and play him as an anchor man - keep the instructions - short passing
The right mid advanced playmaker - run wide, shoot less often, direct and risky passes... keep the rest of the instructions (I think it was press more, and mark tightly).
The left mid - run wide, shoot less often, drible less and direct and risky passes also...keep the rest of the instructions (again keep the rest of the instructions

The result - the 2 central mids are making a good defending double pivot (only over run in case of a flat 3 mid), and they over load the wing as you have an AM in attacking phace.

I need to test it further with man marking on these 2 in the mid, but seems that both zonal and marking instructions work very well with your tactic.
Results?

I do not know why I can not screen shot from game but:
Team Roma results:
Sampdoria Super Cup - 2:2 won on penalties
Modena H - 1:0
Genoa A - 5:2
Milan H - 1:0
Feynord A - 3:1
Catania A - 2:2 - completely rotated squad
Juventus H - 0:0 - really unlucky draw
Fiorentina A - 2:1
Dortmund H 3:3 played with 10 man since 28th minute

I rotate between 3 tactics in general, but Nezza's 1st version with my tweaks is mostly what I have used.
Having in mind my best players have missed a lot of matches - Strootman 2 games, Pjanic 4 games, Florenzi 3 games and I have rotated a lot. Also keep in mind the tactic was appointed first at Sampdoria's match so the familiarity is not good at all.

Edit: The defence is good, I just have bad defenders.

Can u upload your tactic? I do also think that my 3 mids does not reach their full potential.

Hello Nezza, love this tactic. Its brilliant. One quick question though mate, is version 2 supposed to have on IF on support and the other on attack? Its just the AMR on mine is set to support but I wasn't sure if I had just knocked it off attack by accident haha as version 1 has both inside forwards set to attack. ....cheers

mid with Pogba - Vidal - Marchisio works ?

I would absolutely crush the game with Middlesbourgh if I have such a midfield. A pity I don't have the financial clout, the salary allowance or the transfer budget. :D

Right now, my midfield is made up of Lorenzo Cristeig, Amidu Salifu and Will Hughes as my deep lying midfield.

I finally found a good balance with Nezza's tactics. When I play at home to a weak team, I will go with 3 CMs and using the original v2 template. If I am at home against strong teams, I will go with 3 CMs, and changing the DLF to defend. When I am away, I will push the DLF back to DM position. Have been unbeaten in 12 matches, with 10 of them being wins. I was odds-on underdogs for 4 of the matches (vs Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham) and I dominated 3 of those matches and was clinging to dear life for Man City.

The story for my game is a little weird because I am actually getting contributions in terms of goals across the board, and my highest scorer now is my right IF (Tom Ince) due to his penalty role. I had a very weird stretch where I got at least a penalty every 1-2 matches, and my second highest scorer is my B2B and my striker. I am half expecting any coach to start accusing my players of being divers now WAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
Hello Nezza, love this tactic. Its brilliant. One quick question though mate, is version 2 supposed to have on IF on support and the other on attack? Its just the AMR on mine is set to support but I wasn't sure if I had just knocked it off attack by accident haha as version 1 has both inside forwards set to attack. ....cheers

From my knowledge of v2, both should be on attack @_@