Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

Players

Hello,

This tactic looks pretty amazing! I only have problems with the player list. I'm not able to open them..

Can someone give me example of wich players we search for defensive wings?

Must say it?s really good work.. Startet a game with Atl. Madrid and tried this tactic. I changed a little bit, removing "swap places" and changing the AM to a trequartista. With great success..

View attachment 388705

Im only using Amber and Red. But again great work because I bought a player that, usuelly doesnt perform well, is a star player.

View attachment 388702

Keep up the good work and maybe take a look at my work..

tryisme;)

Results from the second season with Everton. Version 2 proved to be a vast improvement over version 1. V1 saw us finish 4th with 65 points, 70 GF and 52 GA. V2 saw us win the league with 84 points, 82 GF and 40 GA. Also reached the quarters of the Europa League where we were unfortunate to run into Real Madrid. However, we did put up a valiant effort, losing only 3-2 on aggregate (3-1 away, and we did win 1-0 at Goodison). This was with a team without many major upgrades either so I'm quite impressed with the tactic. Well done Artisan.

Some screenshots.

2D2D2206F04C9ADB12AE9B382F19C2300BBE1EA5

Stats (All Comps)

FBD8B84DB8FBB6106CA692D727D9531FB72A056F

I do want to mention something as well, I don't know if this was by design or not, but it seems to be extremely useful to have an AMC with good aerial ability. I'm not certain how many Barkley netted with his head, but it was definitely a handful and he proved to be quite disruptive.

Hello,

This tactic looks pretty amazing! I only have problems with the player list. I'm not able to open them..

Can someone give me example of wich players we search for defensive wings?

The screenshots show what stats are needed for each role. They are highlighted :)

Must say it?s really good work.. Startet a game with Atl. Madrid and tried this tactic. I changed a little bit, removing "swap places" and changing the AM to a trequartista. With great success..

View attachment 569902

Im only using Amber and Red. But again great work because I bought a player that, usuelly doesnt perform well, is a star player.

View attachment 569908

Keep up the good work and maybe take a look at my work..

tryisme;)

Cheers m8. Happy its working for you

Results from the second season with Everton. Version 2 proved to be a vast improvement over version 1. V1 saw us finish 4th with 65 points, 70 GF and 52 GA. V2 saw us win the league with 84 points, 82 GF and 40 GA. Also reached the quarters of the Europa League where we were unfortunate to run into Real Madrid. However, we did put up a valiant effort, losing only 3-2 on aggregate (3-1 away, and we did win 1-0 at Goodison). This was with a team without many major upgrades either so I'm quite impressed with the tactic. Well done Artisan.

I do want to mention something as well, I don't know if this was by design or not, but it seems to be extremely useful to have an AMC with good aerial ability. I'm not certain how many Barkley netted with his head, but it was definitely a handful and he proved to be quite disruptive.

Thnx for the screenshots m8 and glad you are having success. The AMC in this formation seems to play ridiculously well for some reason and needs to be an all rounder so yh, heading is a definite plus.

People who struggle with this tactic are using Hull, Crystal Palace etc and complaining that it does not work when clearly I stated this was a tactic for better teams but it seems no one listens. Then they complain. But oh well

artisan how dare you make a tac that does not work with **** teams and players you bad man now go sit in the corner and you think about what you have done lol

artisan how dare you make a tac that does not work with **** teams and players you bad man now go sit in the corner and you think about what you have done lol

Haha. Ok sir. And the thing is when I made the voting thread, there was an option to select an underdog tactic but hardly anyone chose it. And now people msg me saying, their newly promoted Leeds side is conceding too much and cant gegenpress. I guess i cant please everyone.

I'll go to my corner now. lol

Last edited:
well just tryed v2 red with my barnsley save in 2021 won 3-1 away at liverpool i have a ok side normally end the season in the top ten im in feb so will keep going till the end of the season then maybe next season give it a full season

I;m still using V1 and still having great success with my current save. I agree with an earlier post. The criticism around not working with **** teams is daft to say the least. You do need a good team for this to work. Regardless, still great work Artisan and I'll try V2 for the start of the next season. Currentl on an unbeaten run of league games approaching the 100 mark. :)

Well mr. Artisam, I think that you did it again! :)
My Valencia side is enjoying very much playing with your tactic, it truly represents the "modern football" that teams like Atletico and Dortmund are showing in real life.

These are two screenies showing my current situation, two months after the start of the first season:
View attachment 388433
View attachment 388434
Speaking of transfers in the summer window, I've only bought Jackson Martinez and Juanfran (right wingback from Atletico) and sold/loaned some unnecessary players like Piatti, Barragan, Diego Alves (GK) and Jonas.
The Fiorentina game was my only defeat so far, but I really dominated the game and created loads of chances. The AI simply shot five times, scoring five goals...classic FM14 game where you HAVE to lose, no matter what.

The best thing about the tactic is that it does exactly what the OP says :D and the football played by the team is beautiful (the board also says that). I really hope that things will keep going in the right direction, and that the tactic won't suffer the stupid "second season syndrome".

As for things that I don't like, I think that the defence is still too leaky, but this might be improved by buying better players. In particular, the fullbacks keep losing their men when the opposition's AMC/ST goes with a throughball, and that's really annoyng.
I also conceded a lot of goals from corners, so I had to tweak defending set pieces according to jassar's.

Anyway, to sum up: great job once again mate! ;)

Another thing that I wanted to highlight:

View attachment 388395
(Inf = Injured)

Reading through the topic I can see that I'm not the only one having this problem. It may be related to training, since 3/4 of my squad is unhappy with it thus I was forced to lower the general workload from very high to high. Hope this won't disrupt the effectiveness of the tactic.