Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

Another thing that I wanted to highlight:

View attachment 570598
(Inf = Injured)

Reading through the topic I can see that I'm not the only one having this problem. It may be related to training, since 3/4 of my squad is unhappy with it thus I was forced to lower the general workload from very high to high. Hope this won't disrupt the effectiveness of the tactic.

Your general training won't have an effect on the tactic. It's solely related to player development.

Another thing that I wanted to highlight:

View attachment 570598
(Inf = Injured)

Reading through the topic I can see that I'm not the only one having this problem. It may be related to training, since 3/4 of my squad is unhappy with it thus I was forced to lower the general workload from very high to high. Hope this won't disrupt the effectiveness of the tactic.

Yhj lowering to high will help with injuries

And now Parejo, my best midfielder and AMC, is out for 4-5 months...this definitely needs to be fixed, but dunno if it's due to the wrong training program or the stupid FM14.

And now Parejo, my best midfielder and AMC, is out for 4-5 months...this definitely needs to be fixed, but dunno if it's due to the wrong training program or the stupid FM14.

unlucky m8. During my tests my players did not get many injuries. I signed better physios and coaches. I think that helped me

It is the training, has to be because so many people (including myself) experience this. I used to have at least always 5 players in the squad (out of 25) injured, all the time (even with the best coaches and physios), until I changed the training to Jassar's template. The match results are pretty much still the same though, as training doesn't affect THAT much of how your team plays. It affects the development of the players more.

Now with injuries out of the way, I can still see that the tactic is decent. I'd give it 3,5 out of 5 stars, because of its inconsistency.

I will provide screenshots later, when I am finished with the season, I'm just in march at the moment, sitting on 2nd place in the Premier League as Man United; 7 points behind Chelsea so I might not win the league, and this is because of all the easy games I'm supposed to win but I still lose..

I beat teams like Man City and Chelsea away with 2 sometimes 3 goals, only to lose against West Ham or Aston Villa at home a few weeks later.

Just lost two home games in a row, scored 3 conceded 7! In the 2nd one I was completely dominated by a much weaker side.
This doesn't look good...but the thing is that I can't really know is the tactic is to blame since I have eight (!!!) players injured atm.

EDIT: Nine players.

Last edited:
artisan if i were to change one defender to stopper and another to cover will that have a massive impact on the way the team plays... also another question is how do you achieve maximum efficiency with your striker... i mean why is it that he needs ten shots or 5 shots before he scores

anyone managed to tweak this defensively?
i find that my team is pushing up high and get caught on the counter

The end of my Friendly Matchs with Dortmund
:D

:D
I use Green Amber V1, this is the best for me for the moment.
:p
can someone explain me why I did not score goals on corners?
:(

Last edited:
hey mates,i've been thinking about using this tactic with my ajax squad,but i'm out of time to play FM in this week. I've been reading the posts though,and it seems to me that the tactic results have too much variability.I think it's something to be expected as it is a very specific tactic.
Anyway, have you thought that the problem isn't the tactic,but the players? i mean,if it's working wonders for some,and **** for others,what is changing majorly is the players(assuming the factor between the chair and the PC will play the tactic correctly as instructed). My opinion is that you must have fast defenders(height above 1,80 is satisfactory) and/or really high mentals to set up a good defense,and all the other players who defend must have high teamwork and work rate(stamina also for fullbacks). Basically what i'm saying is to set up a team that the players in the middle of the pitch must be wise,and in the flanks must be hardworking.When i finally managed to do this with my squad,it improved from an average of 1,1 goals against per game to 0,6 in the league.
Cheers,looking foward to more results and to test it myself!

It seems that I've managed to solve the injures problem by changing the training set (using my own now) and hiring much better physios.

The season is still going good: currently 3rd in the League (January) trying to chase the two giants Real and Bar?a, and will play against Ajax in the first knockout stage of Europa League. Copa del Rey is alright too.

So my judgement on the tactic remains very good :)

Defence is ridiculous. Can't score as much as you get.
5 or more CCCs for the opposition in 7 out of 15 games...haha...great :D

First season is over, and I'm very proud of having won the Spanish Cup (the final was against Athletic Bilbao, but I've knocked out Real Madrid in the quarters). I've also comfortably reached the 3rd place in the League, which means some good Champions League football next season!

Overall I'm happy with the tactic, but the defensive problem is serious. I've conceded 52 goals only in the championship (8th best defence) which is **** of a lot, and I'm not sure that I can solve this only by buying better defenders. It's worth a try thougn, I'm going to get one between Alvarez Balanta and Jerson Murillo to replace the old Ricardo Costa (Victor Ruiz is just average).

Hope the tactic won't suffer the infamous 2nd season syndrome and will keep working :)

Finished the 3rd season managing Lyon. Won both cups, the league, knocked out by Barca in CL unfortunately (in semifinals)
Striker scores a lot, never have had that much in fact
View attachment 387312

that's unbelievable. can u show us a ss of your team? and fixture?
here:
I usually start with green and switch to amber when the team scores two goals
View attachment 387305*Marti is a homegrown regen
The team is not that good yet, defense needs reinnovating.
Also Benzia wasn't that good during the previous season, he had scored only 7 goals until January and only thereafter he started scoring: by the end of the season he had 31 goals and 15 assists. Maybe it's just the style of play which suits him, he always scores finishing the counter.
fixtures:View attachment 387303View attachment 387302 View attachment 387304
When i'm losing I change the roles, instructions, go overload