Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

Yay! The tactic is working even better in the 2nd season, I've played like 15 games so far: attacking play is magnificent as usual, and I've never conceded more than 1 goal per game (not considering the Spanish Super Cup vs Real Madrid, which neither I nor the board considered important). I've bougth Balanta and Peruzzi to strenghten the defence, now I need to buy a good defensive winger, because Guardado is playing horribly and Bojan Krkic is underperforming too. Any suggestion? I was thinking about Andre Ayew from Marseille.

Thank you so much Artisan :)

View attachment 386818 View attachment 386817

Looks like I'm gonna have a thrilling battle for the title in the second half of the season :D
View attachment 386816

Jackson Martinez has been a real machine this season, banging goals for fun (now 20 in 19 games!). And the young Juan Bernat is simply godlike as a defensive winger! Both with the help of Parejo delivering quality passes, of course.

What is better for strong favourite in league with good players? V2 pack or v1?

Last match day of the league: I'm 2nd, two points behind the mighty (yet hateable) Real Madrid, and guess what? The last fixture is Real Madrid-Valencia! :O

So I need three points, there's no other choice: the game starts with Real Madrid attacking adamantly, but Victor Valdes, Balanta and Peruzzi manage to stop them. After 15mins I manage to score from a corner with Victor Ruiz, my 3dr choice centre back, but three minutes later Ronaldo equalizes.

Then Reall carries on attacking, and I carry on defending with great effort and suffering. Somehow I manage to score 1-2 with an amazing counterattack, brilliantly finalized by Kiko Femenia (who is playing instead of the injured Feghouli)!

The equalizer punctually arrives five minutes later with Luka Modric (he now has scored like 6-7 times against me in this save, I really wish him a broken leg hehe). But then the unexpected happens: Iker Casillas accidentally passes the ball to my stricker, Jackson Martinez, who lobs him from 50 meters and scores an incredible goal! 2-3! It's his 38 goal of the season, amazing!

The 2nd half is a total pain: I don't think I've stepped foot in Madrid's half of the pitch. My 11 heroes (10 after the direct red card to my left back...) fougth like lions, holding on tightly and denying both the equalizer and the title to Real Madrid.

The final whistle comes and I'm champion!!! :D I can't believe how underrated it's this tactic on fmbase, it's simply amazing! I've even managet to get to the semis in the Champions League, and it's only the second season.

What is better for strong favourite in league with good players? V2 pack or v1?
Always try newer versions, mate ;)

Hi guys i want to start with lazio with this tactic. which tatic do you suggest?
V1?
V2?
amber green??

Hi guys i want to start with lazio with this tactic. which tatic do you suggest?
V1?
V2?
amber green??

Use V2 and as for which colour, to quote the OP:

WHEN TO PLAY FORMATIONS
These are just my simple tips on when to use the tactics and should only be used as a guideline. There are situations where you are regarded as a favourite against a really top team (Man City) because they are on a poor run and you might be tempted to go green. You will have to use your own judgement in this situation. This is just one example in a sea of examples.

HOME GAMES
Strong Favourite - Green

Favourite - GreenEvens - Amber

Underdog - Amber/Red

AWAY GAMES
Strong Favourite - Green

Favourite - AmberEvens - Amber

Underdog - Amber/Red

Hello people.. I am back after another hiatus. More real life stuff distracting me from this beautiful game. Anyway, I have tweaked this tactic again and I had better results. Hopefully you do too. Give it a try

V3 Test
Some more changes to the tactic. Tested with Newcastle. All injuries in the team removed at the start of the game and no signings made

There are currently 2 new tactics. GegenPressing and GegenDefensive. Still working on GegenGoalGetter and will update soon. I believe the tactic names are self explanatory. It is saved as GegenV3

Last edited:
Wow, some tweaked tactics! Quality news :D

So let me get this straight: GengenGoalsGetter ---> Green ; GengenPressing ---> Amber ; GengenDefensive ---> Red
Am I right?

Wow, some tweaked tactics! Quality news :D

So let me get this straight: GengenGoalsGetter ---> Green ; GengenPressing ---> Amber ; GengenDefensive ---> Red
Am I right?

Yes almost 100% correct. Goalgetter I have not finished yet but I intend for it to be used when you need to get a goal. Defensive when you want to defend a lead or you are playing a very tough team away, and pressing is the regular starting tactic. But you can use them however you want though :)

Last edited:
Yes almost 100% correct. Goalgetter I have not finished yet but I intend for it to be used when you need to get a goal. Defensive when you want to defend a lead or you are playing a very tough team away, and pressing is the regular starting tactic. But you can use them however you want though :)

I already try because i love gengen pressing and i wait goalgetter.!!!!
In my first impression maybe is much better and in my opinion more defense stability!
wait your goalgetter and i will said you my feedback!
Great artisan

I'm currently using a tweak that I made of your V2 tactic with my St. Pauli side and I'm currently 2nd in the Bundesliga halfway through the season.

View attachment 385285

View attachment 385341

View attachment 385284

As you can see Benzia is tearing the league apart, the amazing thing is most of his goals are spectacular. The opposition instructions are the secret to this tactics success and major props to you Artisan for realising that, I would have never thought of it in a million years. Pressing the defenders constantly and putting tackling to easy means that your players never over-commit to a play and can constantly put pressure on them. I scored so many goal but forcing the defenders to make poor clearances only to be picked up and scored by one of the gengen trio.

I see V3 is out and it has a much more defensive tactic, I'll give it a try in the second half of the season against the bigger teams so they don't keep turning me over like they have been.

One question though, what's the thinking behind setting the wingers and wingbacks to aim their crosses at the far post?

Downloaded the GengenV3.zip and it only has two tactics in it, Gengendefensive and Gengenpressing. I assume this is because you're working/tweaking the third one?

Anyway, looking forward to giving it a go at some point, will wait out on the third as I'm not in any rush, thinking of taking it to South America and using it with San Lorenzo :-]

I'm currently using a tweak that I made of your V2 tactic with my St. Pauli side and I'm currently 2nd in the Bundesliga halfway through the season.

View attachment 577753

View attachment 577612

View attachment 577756

As you can see Benzia is tearing the league apart, the amazing thing is most of his goals are spectacular. The opposition instructions are the secret to this tactics success and major props to you Artisan for realising that, I would have never thought of it in a million years. Pressing the defenders constantly and putting tackling to easy means that your players never over-commit to a play and can constantly put pressure on them. I scored so many goal but forcing the defenders to make poor clearances only to be picked up and scored by one of the gengen trio.

I see V3 is out and it has a much more defensive tactic, I'll give it a try in the second half of the season against the bigger teams so they don't keep turning me over like they have been.

One question though, what's the thinking behind setting the wingers and wingbacks to aim their crosses at the far post?

Can you post the tactics with your tweaks or send me via email???

During tests we noticed that there were always players free on the far post so we decided to aim crosses that way