coolmcool

Reaction score

Nottm Forest

So I have finally managed to get back onto football manager but have lost my previous save with Man Utd so thought I would have go with promotion hopefuls Nottm Forest

Well I don't know whats happened there but my computer seems to be struggling with the fm website at the moment and my pictures have gone funny.

Nottm Forest

View attachment 727465

Thats Better and so it begins as i get tasked with at least reaching the playoffs with a team that in real life were flying at one point before more recently going off the boil. My biggest problem not in the short term but by the end of the season is two of the players that are considered the best in my team are moving to Newcastle come the end of the season in GK Darlow and Lascelles, I mainly chose to be Forest as i wanted to be in charge of the Mighty Brit Assombalonga!

View attachment 319800

Darlow

View attachment 319798

Lascelles

View attachment 319797

Brit Assom

View attachment 319795

Gotta' love Forest - I do, as a lifelong Red! I'm currently playing an England save, because why not... Assombalonga is joint top scorer in the Euro Qualifiers group and already worth £8.5 mil despite Forest getting knocked out of the playoffs by Blackburn. Got Darlow as my #1, too. Quality 'keeper.

Good luck with the save, man. Bring the glory days back to Trentside!

Nottm Forest

View attachment 727658

Pre-Season - July 2014

Friendly Results

View attachment 319702

Im pretty happy with our performances in pre-season with 4 wins and a draw from 6 games, we got outclassed by French side Montpellier but had some big scorelines against the lesser teams and even managed to beat Spanish side Valladolid.
After the pre-season i dont really plan on strengthening the squad too much as i think we have a big enough squad and i would like to give everyone a chance first. Our team report showed that our attacking wingers would be the weak point in the team but during pre-season Antonio and Paterson have impressed me the most.

Tactic and Preferred Starting 11 For New Season

View attachment 319701

Promotion Odds

View attachment 319700

So were seen as joint 4th favourites for Promotion along with Wigan and just behind all 3 recently relegated Premier League teams. I think we definitely have a chance in going up this season but some times you would rather have a couple of seasons of doing well and sorting out the squad before gunning for the Premier League.

I have only brought in the one player so far in USA International Onyewu who can play at centre back and was most recently in the Championship with Sheff Wed and QPR but has also played for Newcastle and AC Milan. Hes more of a backup as a couple of other defensive squad players are looking to leave.
There has been a couple of transfers out with a young french guy joing LOSC whilst Dexter Blackstock moved to Wolves for a fee of £2.1Million a good deal considering i only play one upfront and he would be 4th choice.

View attachment 319699

Gotta' love Forest - I do, as a lifelong Red! I'm currently playing an England save, because why not... Assombalonga is joint top scorer in the Euro Qualifiers group and already worth £8.5 mil despite Forest getting knocked out of the playoffs by Blackburn. Got Darlow as my #1, too. Quality 'keeper.

Good luck with the save, man. Bring the glory days back to Trentside!

Yeah i think the most annoying part of being Nottm Forest is that Lascelles and Darlow are on there way out, i would like to think Darlow wont get played at Newcastle and i will be able to take him back in the future

My experience

I've just finished my first season with Forest and I absolutely blitzed the championship! We got a record 115 points and to be honest it was too easy.

My formation was similar to yours but I used DM instead of an AM.

My preferred side for the season was...
GK - Darlow
RB - Hunt/Fisher - Hunt wouldn't re-sign after his loan expired so I bought Darnell Fisher from Celtic.
CB - Wilson
CB - Hobbs/Mancienne
LB - Fox
DM - Vaughan - I re-trained for this position as you have plenty of CM options
CM - Cohen
CM - Lansbury
LW - Abdoun/Murphy - I signed Murphy from Norwich in Jan
RW - Antonio
ST - Assombolonga/Kane - I got Kane on loan on Aug deadline day and rotated the 2 all season

Antonio was the best player in the league with an Ave rating of 8.2 over the season and Lansbury and Wilson both had averages of over 8 aswell.

I had the mentality as attacking in every game and only lost 2 all season, the goals were shared around with Wilson, Lansbury, Abdoun, Murphy, Antonio, Assom and Kane all scoring 10+ goals.

I hope this helps with your season.

P.s. don't worry about Darlow leaving as I've just got promoted and signed Begovich for £3.5m as Stoke got relegated!

Nottm Forest

View attachment 728431

August 2014

Thanks for the comments guys, as you are about to see we have had a blistering start to the new season with Antonio probably my best performer.

August Results

View attachment 319388

5 straight wins in the league along with 2 Cup Triumphs as i get off to the perfect start to my Managerial reign. We started the season with an easy win over relegation favourites Blackpool as we went 3-0 up in the opening 13 minutes before having an amazing back and forth match with Carlisle. We went back and forth until it was 4-4 and i was able to make a couple of changes which made the difference and we went and scored 3 more goals to win 7-5! Not sure if i should be happy we put 7 past them or conceded 5 so easily.

Next two away games against Bournemouth and Bolton were almost exact copies as we had the better chances in both but i thought they were going to end up as draws until in the first game a late Antonio wondergoal sealed the victory and in the second game Andy Reid scored a David Beckham style free kick.

We then comfortably beat Reading 3-0 with my wingers Antonio and Paterson getting on the scoresheet and excelling again before letting a lot of my second string destroy Newport County in the Capital One Cup.
We ended the month perfectly with a 5-1 romp against Sheff Wed away from home live on TV, My attacking trio behind Assombalonga in Paterson, Reid and Antonio have really impressed me this month, i know its going to get tougher as we face second placed Derby next but i couldnt of had a better start.

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 319387

Its only early days but its nice to see us top of the pile, were the only team with a 100% record in the league and have a tough challenge up next in the form of second placed Derby​

Cool your back with more FM Story.
Just read all your threads always fun.
I started with Achilles 29 again as in fm 14.

Halfway now and at 1st place atm as my predection is 20th place haha

Very solid start to the season! I certainly hope that you can bring back the glory days to Nottingham, good luck :)

hiya bud. i'm really intrigued with your story and look forward to reading more.
i'm also a lifelong Forest fan. we go through **** and back.
i'm glad Psycho is back.
feel free to friend me.
catch ya later

7-5 ****** ****. your smashing the goals in at the moment but your defence must be pants?!?

Cool your back with more FM Story.
Just read all your threads always fun.
I started with Achilles 29 again as in fm 14.

Halfway now and at 1st place atm as my predection is 20th place haha

Very solid start to the season! I certainly hope that you can bring back the glory days to Nottingham, good luck :)

hiya bud. i'm really intrigued with your story and look forward to reading more.
i'm also a lifelong Forest fan. we go through **** and back.
i'm glad Psycho is back.
feel free to friend me.
catch ya later

Thanks for reading guys and sorry for no updates! Only have 1 full day of work left on Monday then its 2 weeks off which will be filled with FM playing!

Nottm Forest

View attachment 731967

September 2014

AMC Tesche Out For 3 Months

View attachment 317860

September Results

View attachment 317859

So the Derby match to start off the month was one of these games that had a crazy goalscoring spell and then nothing for the rest of the game, We actually went 2-0 down early on before scoring 3 goals to get us back into the lead but they scored an equalizer on 35 mins to level it all up, 6 goals in 20 minutes and then a very dull second half.
We started well in the Fulham game after an early goal but they quickly turned it around with Rodallega scoring a hattrick and i suffered my first defeat in a competitive match. Millwall then came along and snatched all 3 points late on as i tried to push my side for a goal we left ourselves wide open for the counter attack.
Back on track but only in the Cup as we beat Norwich thanks to a Assombalonga solo effort and draw Premier League Side Leicester in the next round.
We then managed to smash 4 goals past Brighton early on but the second half was nervy as despite shoring my defense up at half time we still conceded 2 sloppy goals.
We ended the month with a bore draw against Promotion favourites Wigan.

View attachment 317858

Im happy with 4 spot after a tough month but the main objective is to not drift too far away from the automatic promotion spots as i dont really like the Play Offs.

Nottm Forest

View attachment 732669

October 2014

October Results

View attachment 317557

So we started the month off against Ipswich and took an early lead before they hit back almost immediately. But we managed to take it up a level in the second half after a couple of changes and score 3 goals before they got a late consolation.
Chris Cohen scored a wondergoal for us in between one time Valencia Striker Guerra scoring a brace to seal the win for Cardiff.
This game was back and forth with each team taking the lead at one point in the first half before we reached half time, Assombalonga was having a mare so on came Matty Fryatt who quickly scored a brace in 5 minutes to seal the 4-3 win!
We kept Jordan Rhodes at bay but Assombalonga and then Fryatt were quiet too as we only managed a 0-0 bore draw with Blackburn.
Up next was the Capital One Cup match against Premier League side Leicester and we certainly held our own as we first took them to extra time and then penalties with a 2-2 draw but when it came to the penalties we were shocking quickly missing two of our first 3.

View attachment 317553

Still in 4th spot and 5 points deep into the Play off places whilst were only 2 points off the Automatic Promotion spot.​

Nottm Forest

View attachment 732681

November 2014

Get Nottm Forest Firing After 47 Goals In 20 Games

View attachment 317552

Key Player Lansbury and Top Goalscorer Asombalonga Both Injured

View attachment 317551View attachment 317550

First off i thought i would show you the comeback we had against Birmingham.

View attachment 317549

So not only did we go 1-0 down early on we then had left back Fox sent off before half time whilst Birmingham then scored twice more, I decided to go for an all out attack and it paid off as in the last 10 minutes of the game Matty Fryatt nabbed a brace before winger Paterson scored a very late equalizer.

November Results

View attachment 317548

So as you can see Matty Fryatt has enjoyed his spell in the first team with 5 goals in 5 games this month which won him the Player of the Month award.
We started the month though with another bore draw this time against Huddersfield before getting back on track with a comfortable win over Brentford.
We then came up against top team Norwich who easily beat us with on loan AMC Gnarbry in fine form whilst Grabben got a couple more goals.
We then went 2-0 down early on against Wolves but a tactical change saw us score 3 late goals and seal the win similar to how we drew with Birmingham in the next game.
We are scoring a lot of goals but i think i made need to change the tactic so i can shore up the defense as we cant keep up with this come from behind score one more than you policy.

View attachment 317547

So Norwich are racing off into the lead whilst there is only 3 points in it from being in the automatic promotion places to being out of the play off spots.​

Loving this, just read through it and will definitely follow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bit of a mixed month there mate but i am sure you will come good at the end!