Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

and I'm out :( stupid game... gonna now go on holiday and let my assistant manager (who hates me as much as half the squad does now) control the team and see if he can make em play like they were before January...

what's the point in going on holiday? you've just broken the rules and despite not being able to win - your score won't even count :/

what's the point in going on holiday? you've just broken the rules and despite not being able to win - your score won't even count :/

"if I lose against barca I might as well quit the challenge cos I won't be able to beat milrob if I go out..."

I know.. and I haven't submitted it either... (finished 2nd after getting battered 5-0 at home by already relegated Bologna in the penultimate game, meant Juve won the title with a game to spare :( )

The game has too many bugs, I'm waiting for the next patch before playing another game... players wanting transfers cos they don't get on with a transfer-listed player and don't believe I'll sell him... wtf?

Win 6 in a row and the morale is OK or Good with at least one of the players to have played all 6 games with Very Poor... c'mon, seriously?

My assistant's 2nd opinion "doesn't feel he has the necessary knowledge to give an opinion" - WTF?

Free-kicks wasted over and over and over again... tell them to take it short, still hoofed straight into the keeper's arms/out of play...

players getting tapped up by rivals then falling out with me for not wanting to sell them... AND not being able to fix the mess "I don't have the patience to talk to you"

I can go on and on, like Cassano needing 50 shots to get one goal (perhaps a slight exaggeration but he didn't convert a single one-on-one in the entire season!)

I battled hard to try and put in a decent challenge to those who had already completed but in the end frustrations and disappointments got the better of me :(

"if I lose against barca I might as well quit the challenge cos I won't be able to beat milrob if I go out..."

I know.. and I haven't submitted it either... (finished 2nd after getting battered 5-0 at home by already relegated Bologna in the penultimate game, meant Juve won the title with a game to spare :( )

The game has too many bugs, I'm waiting for the next patch before playing another game... players wanting transfers cos they don't get on with a transfer-listed player and don't believe I'll sell him... wtf?

Win 6 in a row and the morale is OK or Good with at least one of the players to have played all 6 games with Very Poor... c'mon, seriously?

My assistant's 2nd opinion "doesn't feel he has the necessary knowledge to give an opinion" - WTF?

Free-kicks wasted over and over and over again... tell them to take it short, still hoofed straight into the keeper's arms/out of play...

players getting tapped up by rivals then falling out with me for not wanting to sell them... AND not being able to fix the mess "I don't have the patience to talk to you"

I can go on and on, like Cassano needing 50 shots to get one goal (perhaps a slight exaggeration but he didn't convert a single one-on-one in the entire season!)

I battled hard to try and put in a decent challenge to those who had already completed but in the end frustrations and disappointments got the better of me :(

if all that happened to me, i'd be the same mate :/ ouch

Some unlucky, Lazaru5, I'm not having such problems (though players touted get unhappy and just now Pazzini wants out :().

I'm two months from the end of the season, which means two plays at least. The situation isn't too good. I'm 11 points behind Inter and nine matches to go, so I need to win every match and hope Inter gets into a poor form that is very unlikely, with the added sting that schedule is so Inter plays against the teams I had to defeat the match before, so I need to do something that is a small help for them!. They were already too far ahead when I beat them 2-0 (right after being mauled by AC Milan by 7-1 in the Cup). The most I can aspire to in the league is to be second.

In Europe, we were out at the group stage as mentioned and went on to Europa League, there things are being promising, I reached the quarterfinals after coming back at home from 0-2 to a 2-2 against Dortmund and then beating them 3-0 at their home. Now on to play against Atlético de Madrid and, if things go well, against the winner of PSG? vs Sevilla.

You know what's the worse? I think I've played some games (including the two that made it so now Inter is 11 points ahead instead of possibly 6) with wrong tactic because of going back from a special change to a stored tactic that wasn't my new usual one, with the creative Álex playing as ball winning midfielder instead of advanced playmaker T.T. Siiiiiiiigh.

Pazzini and Cassano wanted out in my game, I just told them they will be sold at the end of the season, they were happy, I was happy, everybody's happy :)

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Tbh, I had pretty much all these problems. I got kicked out of the Coppa Italia by a Siere B team after having a trillion shots against them and it going to penalties. Not to mention going out in the CL to Chelsea after Manini missed an OPEN GOAL which would have almost definetely put us through (we were away).Pazzini was a ***** with his morale, I don't know why, we were winning but its stayed at poor/v.poor. Also my Pazzini had more goals and probably more assists than Lee's and his avg rating is nowhere near Lee's which is slightly bizzare.

It's just how FM is you shouldn't have holiday'd.

I don't have any problems with either of the player. Only Ziegler wanted out, but he hot injured in January so nobody wants him..
But those full back are cursed in my team. The only available right now is Zauri (and he's very poor), all other either injured or suspended. And it's like that the whole season. I bought one right back, but he gets injured in the second game.. :s
But, in general, I''m doing preety well. Just 3 points behind Inter, with good schedule ahead..

congratulations

I would just like to congratulate Bolontiku on beating my score. To be honest its a **** good acheivment to just win the league, never mind the 'Liverpool' treble, I shall have my work cut out for the next challenge.

:-/

I see a challenge with Man Utd,but I can't play that because I'm the big fun of F.C. Liverpool.
I have a proposal for the challange.
Win the Premier League with Arsenal but you must have only English players in the club.
All forengin players must sold or release on free.

Last edited:
I'd go for the Arsenal one but i'd also say a 2 season challenge with kaiserslautern would be quite a good one too (they have hardly any money, great facilities and no european qulaification in the first season) and as a Derby fan would always relishy a Derby challenge.

Anybody know anywhere where there are a few more long term challenges? (in previous years i've seen Brian Clough challenges, Sven challenges and Mouriniho challenges)

Or if you feel like tearing your hair out, a very tough challenge would be wining the European Championship with Andorra. . . . .

November Challenge

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboard

Why I'm not Leader for this chalange?

Just a reminder there's not long left, so if you're taking part make sure to get things wrapped up and submitted by the deadline.

Why I'm not Leader for this chalange?

Because I've not had the chance to go through the submissions yet and check everything is in order.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the time to finish this challenge :( Been too busy (hardly played FM11, or any other game, all month). I won't be as busy next month, so hopefully I can finish the next challenge...

What about if we finished 3rd in the group, and then won UEFA, do we get only points for winning UEFA or do we get 5 more for finishing in the group stage of CL?

What about if we finished 3rd in the group, and then won UEFA, do we get only points for winning UEFA or do we get 5 more for finishing in the group stage of CL?

Only get the points for winning the UEFA.

After spending 20 minutes trying to decipher Bolontiku's absolute mess of a submission I'm suspecting a little foul play in the transfer market.

Transfer History: 1 - 2

Can anyone explain to me how it's possible he spent ~£40,000,000 in each transfer window while only bringing in £20m in total? Not to mention Tissone and Curci appear to have been purchased outside of a transfer window.

So, anyone got any explanations?

---------------------

Also, I'll be making a template for results submission for next months challenge because this has been a nightmare. I thought I'd set an example by posting mine early so you could see a nice way to lay it out, sadly most made my eyes bleed.

I spent 24mill? or something like that but only had 11 to spend...

"monthly instalments" and "add on clauses" can make a transfer fee look massive but in reality the actual initial cost is considerably less

I'd ask to see a screenie of the clauses page

Tissone and Curci are already at the club with "agreed fee" clauses too, so they can be bought outside of the TF windows

He must have cheated, because the game will not let you make a transfer outside the window.

What it will do is make it available for the next window