Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

Honestly I don't see why you would ever dream of selling Cassano, who are you planning to replace him with?

I'm new and joined up just to do the challenge. I'm really enjoying the challenge (my first season was with Montrose but this provides a bit more fun at the moment) and just want to get through the rest of the season so far.

I'm in February at the moment and have just beaten Lyon 3-2 in the away leg of the first knockout stage in the Champions League, 4th in the league and through to the Semi Final in the cup.

I've sold nobody and made 4 signings, 2 in each window. In the first transfer window I signed Rivaldo and Denilson (as I rely heavily on Attacking midfielders). In the second window I signed Victor Anichebe and Ishmael Miller (to give some extra options up front).

9 saves done so far.

I just bought Lacina Traore in the Jan transfer window as a backup to Pazzini and also to bring some aerial ability to the team. First match he plays guess what happens? Out for 4 to 5 months, which in the context of this challenge means I just wasted 1.4mil. Fantastic.

Luckily it was between him and Lukaku and Lukaku would have cost me a lot more :p

This is gonna sound stupid but, f*ck I didn't know Serbia weren't in the EU :(

Last edited:
jeez', arturo vidal injured cassano for 8/9 months, damaged cruciate ligaments... i was just on a positive run and now... btw i bought stekelenburg, afellay and andrea masiello in january

Both of my Jan signings are now injured, it's still Jan, ridiculous. At least Zapata is back in 3 weeks though.

Just finished August. No player movement in or out but quite a lot of staff changes... stuck with the awful *** man though cos I'm not giving him a 2mill pay-off for nobody!

results have been pretty good, but I'm not sure about the quality of the pre-arranged friendly opponents.

Friendlies: P6 W6 GF 27 GA 1

Champ Cup Play-Off v Werder Bremen H 2-0 A 2-1 agg 4-1

Serie A P1 D1 GF 2 GA 2 v Roma,

We was down to 9 men after 57 mins when my CB was given a straight red and my RB complained and got his second yellow. Held on to the 2-1 lead until the 88th minute and could still have nicked it at the death.

Champions League Group:

Arsenal, Olympique de Marseille, Dinamo and Sampdoria :S

Started this today. No signings but managed to offload two fringe players. Will only look to buy in January if we're struggling..

Very tricky opening three games though :( Roma (away), AC Milan (home), Juventus (away)

Last edited:
Will try this challenge...
maybe this week i will finish this.. ;)

hi guys im interested in starting this is it too late ?
and do i post my results here on this thread ?

I've got deadlines upon deadlines, I doubt FM will get open this week at all, mines going to be a late entry :p

Ive just finished my Challenge and here are my screen shots!

Sigh, post them in here and read the rules or I won't be counting your submission.

Oh and yeah I should mention, nobody is likely to win Manager of the Year. For some bizarre reason it does it around January so it will go to Mourinho.

hi guys im interested in starting this is it too late ?
and do i post my results here on this thread ?

Not to late to start, but there is a deadline of when you have to submit your results. Results are posted in here.

Sounds like a good chalenge but iam not a big fan of Serie A i would like a chalenge in England for example!!!

Sorry, I read the meassage as 'post your submissions in this thread' as in the one that I posted in, initially didn't realise the word 'here' was a link to a different thread.

Is there a problem with the manager of the year or is it just my game? (Question answered by the time i'd typed this message and my browser had caught up, thanks)

Last edited:
I'm sorry for this didn't know that there was another page to the challenge! I have posted it properly now! Thanx!

I'm going to launch my career with Carlfranco Zolotti and Sampdoria tomorrow, would set it up tonight but with the limit on saves - I'll resist temptation. I got 33 wins in one season with AC Milan in FM10, hoping the same tactics and a few tweaks will work wonders again.

After all, 60 points is too easy a challenge to turn down. ;)

I have started this challenge, seems like a good one to start off with, signed a few brazilians on a free just as cover mainly. with the ss, do they just need to be done at the end of the season?