Official FMBase Challenge of the Month - November

just half way of the season...
looking good but get a lot of red card and injuries.....
right now i have limited of fullback.... :S
but i managed to get 1st in seria A... with only 1 lost in the moment.... :D
here my early season transfer.. and my bargain is Gunnarsson.. love him ^^)

I have started this challenge, seems like a good one to start off with, signed a few brazilians on a free just as cover mainly. with the ss, do they just need to be done at the end of the season?

Just at the end of the season please.

Qualified for CL by beating Ajax 5-0 on aggregate - then get Man Utd, Real Madrid in the group stages. The only group I can't qualify from I get landed in it - beat the likes of Lyon, and lost to Bayern Munich on penalties after a 92nd minute OG in pre-season friendlies. I was fairly convincing so a bit annoyed by that.

PS - Anyone notice how Sampdoria have no penalty takers - my highest is like 11? Then loads of 10s.

Anyways, I sold no-one and signed no first team player. I think January might see some action by me though. I'm struggling to get the best out of Pazzini and Cassano despite being unbeaten in the league thus far.

Well, back on track after some days working on my spanish database...

Got André Meritz in to be a true Cassano replacement, now I got too many strikers, and Koman became unhappy. Dessena too, because I negotiated a inquiry for him asking more the other team was willing to pay. Maybe I should try sell a couple of them before the transfer window closes (in five days).

Just got eliminated from Coppa Italia with an embarashing 1-7 defeat to A.C. Milan, with a own goal when Volta cleared the ball (and as praised by commentarist) onto Gurci and rebound to goal. Then Andrea Poli said "See! See! I can lop the ball over the goalkeeper", he just should have used Milan's goalie to show that.

In league, we're fifth at ten points. Looks like a crappy season.

Got f*cked over in the knockout stages of CL, Chelsea scored a late goal to take it to extra time after we missed an open goal (away), TYPICAL. If we won that match, we would actually have had a good chance to win the CL, so I'm genuinely gutted. Of course they scored in extra time :p Oh well top of the league, Pazzini top goalscorer, least conceeded, close to most scored, great stuff in the league :)

I have... signed a few brazilians on a free just as cover mainly

huh? If I try to sign a player I'm told that I can only sign one foreigner from outside of Italy per season... am I missing something here?

(It's 1st January now and I desperately need defenders and a left-winger cos the defence is ****!)

huh? If I try to sign a player I'm told that I can only sign one foreigner from outside of Italy per season... am I missing something here?

(It's 1st January now and I desperately need defenders and a left-winger cos the defence is ****!)

My defense is holding up quite nicely ;)

Qualified for CL by beating Ajax 5-0 on aggregate - then get Man Utd, Real Madrid in the group stages. The only group I can't qualify from I get landed in it - beat the likes of Lyon, and lost to Bayern Munich on penalties after a 92nd minute OG in pre-season friendlies. I was fairly convincing so a bit annoyed by that.

PS - Anyone notice how Sampdoria have no penalty takers - my highest is like 11? Then loads of 10s.

Anyways, I sold no-one and signed no first team player. I think January might see some action by me though. I'm struggling to get the best out of Pazzini and Cassano despite being unbeaten in the league thus far.

(s)Pazzini is injured at the moment in my save, and Pozzi has 14 for pens (Palombo with 10 takes them if Pozzi isn't playing).

Biggest frustration, I tried to buy a player from Gremio, offered 5.5 mill then CSKA came in and offered 6.5mill which they accepted and rejected mine. I made a new offer of 6.5 mill and they came back with a negotiation of 13mill.. made another offer of 7mill and they came back with 20mill... it's about time SI stopped ******* us over with transfers. If a bid of 6.5mill is enough from CSKA then its good enough from Sampdoria!

It wouldn't happen in RL UNLESS the selling team were rivals (e.g Man U trying to buy Drogba) or the player was a key player (e.g. Real buying Ronaldo) so once a bid is accepted from one team then an acceptable value has been declared and if there is no competitive/local rivalry (i.e. the sellers are not in the same competitions/country/leagues) then all bids meeting the 'acceptable value' should be accepted!

It's the one thing that really gets my goat cos it takes the ******* **** out of paying customers and SI need to sort it out. It will be the reason that I decide to stop buying the game if it continues cos it's insulting to my intelligence and makes the game unbearable at times.

CSKA are OUT of Europe, I'm in the 1st knockout round of the CL - where would you go if you were the player? Exactly! But he's now ended up at CSKA cos I wouldn't pay the stupid money and means I still have a squad full of league one defenders trying to ******* win the League, Cup and CL!

Could have Italian passports.

5 points maximum for team of the year, no matter how many players.

Pointless stertin this months wan, wil do next months :p

Why is it pointless? Still 11 days left, that's plenty of time.

I had two players in the team of the year. ;)
Ahhh, didn't notice that :p

At first I thought that there were points to gain for having top scorer aswell, was devasted to see I misread :( just can't beat ya.

Starting this right now.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Can we use montly installments?

Starting this right now.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Can we use montly installments?

To an extent, you've not to go mental with them though.

anybody want to tell me why/how the **** Bari are TOP of Serie A in my game when in everybody's SS's they're ****? even relegated in Lee's game.. :S

mind you, 2 points separate the top 4, I'm 4th after a 6 match winless run - 8 if you include the cup QF that I lost and the first leg of the champs league 1st knockout rd that I drew 2-2 with barca @ home.

the game is starting to frustrate the **** out of me now, so much so that my dog has taken to hiding from me :(

if I lose against barca I might as well quit the challenge cos I won't be able to beat milrob if I go out...

and I'm out :( stupid game... gonna now go on holiday and let my assistant manager (who hates me as much as half the squad does now) control the team and see if he can make em play like they were before January...

Is it just me that can't seem to stop my players getting unsettled by the AI managers in January? 5 points clear at the top I was... and flying... and now... **** it! :'(

Last edited: