Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
What do you use teamtalks before the match and during the match?

I follow the Team talk guide found here on FM base, it was written for FM 2010 but still works the same in FM 2011. Try looking for it it should be around.

Also feel free to experiment guys, I still feel the defence can be improved. Ill be trying to tweak the defence more for v3, maybe setting the Full-backs to a more defensive role would help? I'll also play around with the left creative mid fielder and try to make him more offensive to see how that works. Ill keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
I tried the tactis with aston villa against wigan and was 2-0 down in ten minutes. reverted back to my old tactics and won 3-2

ow, ur like a legendary manager for having buitl a team which can adapt to new tactics so fast, I salute you sir:P:P

I like the look of this. Gonna give it a shot with my Rangers game as my team gone a little stale and I don't have any decent wingers. I'll keep you posted of my results.

P.S first game I tried I was 1 down to dinamo after 30 minutes using my tactic, switched to yours and went on to win 2-1 so its a promising start

I just finished v3 and its great, ive updated the first post, be sure to read the new O/I and Sideline Instructions as well as download the new version.

Ive had a perfect season with v3 and will go on to play with a lesser team now to see how it will work. I see v3 close to final release, ill work on v4 if I see more room for improvements and depending on the feedback I get from you guys.

Enjoy!

I will test this against my 4-3-3 overly-obsessive-possession-based Barcelona tactic. Still tweaking it all the time but having good success.

I want to post my tactic as well but **** don't feel like it's ready it.

But always good to see how other's take on "total football" is compared to my own.

Cheers.

Which 'lesser' team are you going to try it with?

Everton might have the players ready to fit!?

I'm interested in trying this, but want to see how you get on with a lesser team first...

Which 'lesser' team are you going to try it with?

Everton might have the players ready to fit!?

I'm interested in trying this, but want to see how you get on with a lesser team first...

Ive made a game with sunderland, played 12 games won 8 and drew 4 so far. Still testing :)

so yesterday ive made a game as Aston Villa creating my own tactic, struggling really hard, on last day of the season i managed to finish as 6th with 1+ from nr 7.. then at 2nd season i used this, and only lost was against chelsea so far. beating Man utd, liverpool and arsenal. been great so far. ill update later :)

so yesterday ive made a game as Aston Villa creating my own tactic, struggling really hard, on last day of the season i managed to finish as 6th with 1+ from nr 7.. then at 2nd season i used this, and only lost was against chelsea so far. beating Man utd, liverpool and arsenal. been great so far. ill update later :)

Glad to hear. Is this with v3? Its working great for me playing sunderland. Happy to see it working with villa, be sure to give more feedback as you move on. Id love any input on how we can make it even better if you have any ideas. :)

Glad to hear. Is this with v3? Its working great for me playing sunderland. Happy to see it working with villa, be sure to give more feedback as you move on. Id love any input on how we can make it even better if you have any ideas. :)

aye im using v3. my only problem is to get Dzeko scoring, but he dident do that in the 1st season, so just giving him this season as a last chance, kadlec and agbonlahor is beasties though :)

I was just starting a new save with Milan and this tactic caught my eye. I'd say this tactic fits my Squad well and I'll try it out for a season or two and report back with thoughts and ideas! :)

aye im using v3. my only problem is to get Dzeko scoring, but he dident do that in the 1st season, so just giving him this season as a last chance, kadlec and agbonlahor is beasties though :)

Use Dzeko as the Right Forward and maybe try to set him as a Complete Forward to see if that helps :)

Use Dzeko as the Right Forward and maybe try to set him as a Complete Forward to see if that helps :)

good idea.. lol. just won 1-0 against manchester city, the defensive aspect of this tactic is really great. and i even missed 1 penalty.

It's a really good tactic (lot of CCC and possesion)!

But any thoughts how to let my players take advantage from these CCC, as it looks like that ball doesn't like to hit the net.. :(

It's a really good tactic (lot of CCC and possesion)!

But any thoughts how to let my players take advantage from these CCC, as it looks like that ball doesn't like to hit the net.. :(

What team are you playing with, what forwards/creative mids etc? Are the match preperation bars filled up? Are you useing the OI and sideline instructions? Im scoreing a lot since the v3 and barely getting any goals against me.

Post some results also :)

What team are you playing with, what forwards/creative mids etc? Are the match preperation bars filled up? Are you useing the OI and sideline instructions? Im scoreing a lot since the v3 and barely getting any goals against me.

Post some results also :)

Team at this moment is Middlesbrough

Kadlec/Mcdonald as forwards

O'Neill as AMC
Robson as MCL
Bates as MC
Thomson as MCR

The bars are filled up, I'm using OI and SI as stated in first post.

QPR loss (0-1)
Bristol City draw 1-1
Hull draw 1-1
Not. Forest draw 0-0
Coventry draw 1-1
Preston draw 1-1
Millwall won 1-0
Ipswich loss 2-1

as latest results. It's not a problem with playing well, only finishing CCC

thx in advance for your input :)

Team at this moment is Middlesbrough

Kadlec/Mcdonald as forwards

O'Neill as AMC
Robson as MCL
Bates as MC
Thomson as MCR

The bars are filled up, I'm using OI and SI as stated in first post.

QPR loss (0-1)
Bristol City draw 1-1
Hull draw 1-1
Not. Forest draw 0-0
Coventry draw 1-1
Preston draw 1-1
Millwall won 1-0
Ipswich loss 2-1

as latest results. It's not a problem with playing well, only finishing CCC

thx in advance for your input :)

Both Kadlec and Mcdonald have low finishing no? Might be that little extra that's holding you back. Also how are you conceeding goals, defenders getting out-run? The defensive line is pused up which can be a problem with teams that have slow defenders, try makeing it a bit more deeper maybe and reducing tempo a little might help if your haveing possession problems. Experiment and see m8

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

I just finished my first season with sunderland, I managed to finish 5th,
wins: 24 Draws: 9 Losses: 5

I'm satisfied considering its not a team that has good enough players to play a 4-3-3 but I guess thats one of the things one has to expect from a lesser team. Ive been tweaking a few settings in team instructions and a few player instruction that seem to have helped the tactic overall. Ive also stopped useing "Stay on feet" shouth but instead testing with the "Get stuck in". Also one thing im starting to think might help is not to tight mark AM R/L but instead just the AMC if opposition has any, seems to help defence but I cant say for sure.. i'll test more to get a final conclusion and figure out if its better or not before I think about uploading v4, maybe even have another look at defence to see if anything more can be done to it.:)

Last edited:
Back