Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
i use this instructions:)the only thing that makes me problems are corners,i scored from corner 1 goal of 12 matches...have you any tip???

i use this instructions:)the only thing that makes me problems are corners,i scored from corner 1 goal of 12 matches...have you any tip???

Yeah thats because I have not setup set pieces properly at all with the tactic since v1. Im currently working on some small tweaks with the v4 and doing a total review of set pieces for both corners and free kicks, so far its working ok. Ive scored a few goals from free kicks and corners already and its only start of season. The thing im most focusing on is never ever conceeding goals on corners, im trying to totally remove the sligthest chance of the opposition even getting a chance to score. Im not saying this has been an issue on the previous version of the tac but I there has been key moments where opposition sometimes head on keeper or outside of the goal on corners, im trying to stop this totally.

I have to admit though im not that good at making set pieces for tactics so i'd welcome any help, I will post v4 maybe tonight if not then tomorrow for sure, set pieces should be much better then.

Last edited:
Im glad it worked well with your Liverpool m8. Have you given v3 a try? Anything you see that can improve in the tactic? Thanks for you feedback.

Use him as the left strike (poacher) should work great, also using him as an inside forward might works as well like zizincoyes mentioned.

Strange about the red card's, ive never had a problem with that, my defenders got maybe a total of 1-3 red cards in the entire season..

Did you use v3 against Everton with the O/I and Sideline Instructions? I remember having a hard time against Everton with v1 and v2, something about their tactic that becomes a problem against mine. I did manage to beat them though both with United and Sunderland using v3. Do you remember how they land their goals against you and in general how the match stats were that game, or any other game where you conceed goals? The more people explain these things the eaiser it will be for me to tweak the defence even further for the v4 :)

you see thing was, when my defender-wilson got red card, i think he deserve it lol. Because chamakh was in a break away and he had to tackle him because he wasnt as fast as chamakh. so i to do the contain tactic when there was 30 mins left on the game, they managed to score one goal though.

And i lose against everton because they put in so many through balls also early cross.. and yes i did the sideline instructions... Im always **** off if i play against Everton. Yes i did use V3. They're first goal was from Rodwell...a through ball, same as the second goal, yakubu.
one thing **** me off is that, everytime my striker is 1 on 1, he cant finish! ex: Torres scores about 2/10 one on one situation, in real life he would have put in about 8/10.
My first game against west ham, i won 3-2.

nice tactic
only thing i noticed is
when 1st defender misses header or attacker gets flick on i am wide open
luckly it happens rarly.
havent played a top team yet though.

nice tactic
only thing i noticed is
when 1st defender misses header or attacker gets flick on i am wide open
luckly it happens rarly.
havent played a top team yet though.

Yeah I noticed that as well, im fixing it in v4. Im experimenting with Defenders mentality as well as team defensive line. More to come soonish :)

useing newcastle
with a few lone players
i am in 3rd in prem but just lost to liverpool 3 -2
my players played pants
The new game seems harder to get any consistancy going

I'm very intrested in checking out the next version!

I must say I'm slightly disappointed with my defensive so far. I seem to concede quite alot. Mostly headers and set pieces, So I'm glad to hear you are working on defensive set pieces aswell! :)

I must say I'm slightly disappointed with my defensive so far. I seem to concede quite alot. Mostly headers and set pieces, So I'm glad to hear you are working on defensive set pieces aswell! :)

Me too

I usualy start match always with TEMPO slow and Narrow with
I feet it's very good with my team (Chelsea 2010)

I feet it's best tactic for FM 11.1.1 I can find in this forum

Last edited:
yeah, i changed the with to narrow, tempo to slow, i get hit too much by through balls and set pieces, Chelsea scored 2 goals against me from corners D=

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

did you guys know if you wanna be successful in short passes you must play in a slow tempo? and quick tempo for long.

Started Season 2 using Version 3 Tactics so far very good pre-season results banging in the goals from strikers, midfielders and my defenders!!! Only 1 goal conceded in pre-season and averaging 5-0 nil results.

Won the Community Shield and European Super Cup against Man U & Real Madrid Respectively did concede 2 goals in each match though.

In the League I am Now 6 games Undefeated with 18 Goals scored and 1 conceded as well as undefeated in Champions League no goals conceded so the defensive aspect if you use the IOs and player instructions regarding marking and tackling the attackers midfielders etc seems to be working a treat.

Last edited:
hi have just started a season with man utd. seems very solid defence wise,was just wondering if there is any way to improve the goal scoring side of things? not saying that im not scoring goals would just like to score a few more! i think the number of goals scored is rather poor when you take into account how many chances this tactic can create.

I´ll giving a try with a lower team.. the australian national team at the world cup 2014 ( I got 5 friendlies before to fit the players with the tactic)

useing newcastle
with a few lone players
i am in 3rd in prem but just lost to liverpool 3 -2
my players played pants
The new game seems harder to get any consistancy going

I know what you mean, I often have this issue specially in the start of a game/season until morale is topped on every player. The goals your conceeding is also something im trying to fix for v4 as you probably have read. Im currently testing the v4, so far ive played 26 Games in the league conceeding only 8 and scoring 63, these are the best results ive ever had so far on my Man U save. I have also not once conceeded a goal from a corner since the set piece changes but I cant say im scoreing much from corners either tbh. The new defence tweaks work great and thanks to a more stable defence ive notice possession has gone up.

I can only say to you what I just said to KIAStumpy above m8 :) v4 coming soon im just makeing sure everything is ready etc and also finishing season with my Man U save and Sunderland save.

yeah, i changed the with to narrow, tempo to slow, i get hit too much by through balls and set pieces, Chelsea scored 2 goals against me from corners D=

did you guys know if you wanna be successful in short passes you must play in a slow tempo? and quick tempo for long.

Chelsea is nasty on set pieces and thats the team that scores from corners on me as well although I played them both home and away this season and they didnt create more than 2 shots on goal with the new tac :)

Ive tried playing with a narrow setup and also slow tempo, ive done a number of combinations but I always go back to above average tempo and width as I feel I create more chances that way. The way I managed to improve defence in v4 is simply by reducing the defensive line bar a bit, among some few other changes to players mentality. Its intresting however that it works good for you.. I might in the future try testing with a slower tempo and longer passes coupled with a more narrow width but so far for v4 ill stick to the roots as its seems to be stable. Feel free to post more feedback on how this continiues to work out for you thought, im very interested to see how it turns out.

hi have just started a season with man utd. seems very solid defence wise,was just wondering if there is any way to improve the goal scoring side of things? not saying that im not scoring goals would just like to score a few more! i think the number of goals scored is rather poor when you take into account how many chances this tactic can create.

I agree, sometimes it can be frustrating to watch dominating a match with great possession and 10+ shots on goal only to lead by 2-3 goals, im working on makeing the tac score more goals every version I make but its no easy task. The thing that I find most difficult to fix is the massive number of long shots I tend to have in most games with the v4. My theory is that I dominate teams too hard I force all of their players into their last half which in return makes it harder to penetrate them with through ball's resulting in my players choosing the long shot option. Against offensive teams though I tend to score loads as they leave a lot of open space for the attack. I have been thinking about maybe ticking on the counter attack option for the v4 and testing to see how that works out, it might give my attacking half that little extra space they need to create more lethal chances on goal. But question is it worth it? For me the important thing each match is not by how much I win just as long as I win, if I see ive been dominating a match with great possession, shots on target and no danger against me then I dont care if I won by 2 goals or by 4 tbh. Counter attack is something I used in v1 and v2 but not for v3 and v4. And I have to say, I dont miss it very much. I'll leave it as optional for those of you that wish to experiment with it once v4 is released. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to reduce long shots and make the attack more deadly please feel free to give your input.

Last edited:
waddup Onox.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks bro.

Played with your Onox Tactics for 2 seasons now with Newcastle, and have recently switched to your v3 since it's release, to devastating effect.

what a contrast btw.. I didnt think v2 could get much better but woah v3 is sick..

Set piece instructions would be an additional awesome feature to an already amazing tactic.

Keep it up homie.

Your tactic is very good,but my teamtalks probably affects the performance from my team...You could describe me in short,what are you saying on start oft the match and halftime please???thank you

If your odd's of winning are above 5.00 (I use decimal's) then I say I expect a win, if they are under then I use For the Supporters. When you get to half time and you are loosing I select Question teams passion to win the game or Dissapointing, if its a draw but you should be leading the match I select dissapointing. If its a draw against a hard team where your odds were low then I go with For the fans a second time. Players with rating 7.0-7.5 at half time I dont say anything to I leave it at "none". If they are above 7.5 at half time I select "I have faith in your ability" which ive learned doing from a guide and always has given good results.

This is a rough explenation, many more factors and instructions come in depending on morale and situation. Read team talk guides found here on FM base or google it :)

how should i play Torres, Kuyt and Dzeko?

Torres as the left striker Poacher, Dzeko as the right striker Advanced Forward but you can also change his role to complete forward and Kuyt as the AMC perhaps?

Back