Osama Bin Laden Is Dead Breaking News

• Thread starter Thread starter chris22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 398
  • Views Views 24K
And why did they declare war on America? :)

Why does anyone declare war on anyone? Strong disagreement on views. As I said, if there was no religion then there would be no extremism, so religion would be the root cause you're looking for.

Haha, I know stuff but i was really trying to cool down the arguments.

I agree with what you're saying about it being symbolic but like others I have fears that this may spark an attack of some sort and also the fact that they have been looking for him for 10 years and caused so many loss of lives just for one life is not right IMO

Trying to cool down the arguments with retarded comments? ok....
Basically what Joel said, we couldnt just sit idly by and let terrorism spread. we had to do something. If you do not agree suggest what we could have done instead?

Well terrorism has mostly spread because of actions of USA. Osama was just a sympton.

Certainly the USA did things in the eyes of Osama that turned him anti american. However to insinuate that Usama and Al Qaeda haven't perpetuated terrorism is naive.

Behavior leads to consequences as I always say. Usama made his own behavior, he isn't simply a consequence.

lol what? I'm no fan of US policy but thats ridiculous

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

You do realise this never started with the US, it started with Saudi Arabia

I thought Osama was initially against the Soviet and then turned his attention to the next big superpower?

Are you ******* kidding? Since when has "murdered" been an offensive term? You used an offensive, racist word.

People aren't celebrating their finals you massive fucktard - look at all the photos; people are celebrating the death of Bin Laden.

So you complain about people using offensive words, and then you call someone a "massive fucktard" and a "fucktard" later on?

Disregarding the fact that "fucktard" does not make any sense, isn't it a bit of double standards? The way Montanaro used the word wasn't offensive as it did not refer to Pakistanis in a derogatory or offensive way. Political correctness gone mad.

I thought Osama was initially against the Soviet and then turned his attention to the next big superpower?

among other things he didnt like the fact that Saudi arabia relied on US forces, as opposed to his militia when the kuwait war broke out, he denounced their goverment, who threw him out. Then he decided to go to war with the US

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And can we all take a massive chill pill here? lets not ruin a good debate

Hate to break it to you, but Al Qaeda never had a single leader. Not to mention that Usama has probably been out of the game and unlikely to be calling any shots.

In reality we haven't really changed much except gathered new intel.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Welcome to Public Speaking 101

Notice how I deleted it as I lost the rest of my post just before posting.

Welcome to How to Interact With People Without Seeming Arrogant.

Well I'm not saying Osama's right for starters. The rift between Osama and USA is partly because Saudi's yes, but partly because of USA. They were stupid to send forces to Saudi Arabia. What do you think more radical islamist think when christian soldiers come to your country. I think the crusades are still in quite fresh memory.

USA shouldn't have acted like the world police it is, but have acted like it did on cold war afganistan. Supply it's allies, but not to take direct action.

Well I'm not saying Osama's right for starters. The rift between Osama and USA is partly because Saudi's yes, but partly because of USA. They were stupid to send forces to Saudi Arabia. What do you think more radical islamist think when christian soldiers come to your country. I think the crusades are still in quite fresh memory.

USA shouldn't have acted like the world police it is, but have acted like it did on cold war afganistan. Supply it's allies, but not to take direct action.

But how would they know Bin Laden and his cronies would suddenly turn on the West? The US had to do something, as no one else was prepared to. 9/11 was a major terrorist attack on its home soil. Any country would react. Like Russia is doing against it's own terrorist problems

Saudi Arabia invited the US to deploy becuase they felt threatened. last time i checked one sovereign country was perfectly entitled to ask for help from anthoer, and get paid and defended at the same time.

and the crusades are not fresh, they are 800 years ago, so i cant see how on earth you blame the US for his own warped thinking. thats a terrible argument frankly

Americans were stupid for being given permission to use Saudi Arabia as a base for operations to defeat, as the Saudis saw him, a dangerous Saddam?

ugh

Well the main point for me is that this wouldn't have happened if USA would have let the countries solve their own issues instead "protecting it's allies" ( and oil supply, of course. )

Well they should have known because they witnessed how Osama and his cronies pushed back Soviet's.

Well the main point for me is that this wouldn't have happened if USA would have let the countries solve their own issues instead "protecting it's allies" ( and oil supply, of course. )

Well they should have known because they witnessed how Osama and his cronies pushed back Soviet's.

your point is so massively flawed in the fact that saudi arabia asked help (they werent allies yet then, just netrual), jordan asked for help and kuwait asked for help. The USA didnt just dump their forces there unasked

Honestly I still don't think he's actually dead.

and I think that the "conspiracy theory of Bin Laden being a CIA agent who was used as an escape goat for the US" is true.

But hey, that's just my opinion

your point is so massively flawed in the fact that saudi arabia asked help (they werent allies yet then, just netrual), jordan asked for help and kuwait asked for help. The USA didnt just dump their forces there unasked

I think this discussion has run it's course...

I would reply more to the thread but I've got a painful hang nail :'( and still have my final essay to finish for graduation. Must... save.... strength.

This reminds of me of the day after 9/11. The BBC had an edition of Question Time, and they filled 4/5 of the audience........with sympathisers of Osama's actions, and absolutely slaughtered a US government official, by saying it was all Americas fault. Poor guy never stood a chance, especially when every single 9/11 sympathiser was shouted over when defending the US. Was absolutely sickening. I just can't see why the US is getting the flack here, when they've taken out a complete and utter dodgepot McDougall. I actually thought, there would be a lot more happiness that a guy like this, who stands against everything we stand for, like freedom, democracy, freedom to live how we choose was taken out.
Oh well. I appreciate people have their views, theories but seriously. I thought this would have been a great day in the first step of winning the war against international terrorism which would've been a lot worse, especially when this organisation has the resources to purchase or assemble, a tactical nuclear weapon, or a bio-logical weapon.

Well where am I saying that they dumped their forces there unasked. They can ask, but it doesn't mean you have to send them. It seems that USA didnt just want to do the same mistake they did with Hussein. Own dog coming to take a bite off your leg so to speak.

Honestly I still don't think he's actually dead.

and I think that the "conspiracy theory of Bin Laden being a CIA agent who was used as an escape goat for the US" is true.

But hey, that's just my opinion

Jesus Christ. You think that the (former, thankfully) head of the world's largest terrorist organisation secretly works for the CIA? A man who has been responsible for thousands of US deaths, many British deaths and countless more across the globe. And you believe he is actually on the US's side? That's just ridiculous. There's no way that could happen.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Well where am I saying that they dumped their forces there unasked. They can ask, but it doesn't mean you have to send them. It seems that USA didnt just want to do the same mistake they did with Hussein. Own dog coming to take a bite off your leg so to speak.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Its not the fault of the US that Bin Laden had his extremist views. He is the one who over-reacted, there were no complaints from the other nearby Arabic countries who were all equally worried about Saddam destabilsing the region.

and its easy to criticise in hindsight, but when you look at it at the time your argument doesnt hold weight.

Back