Osama Bin Laden Is Dead Breaking News

• Thread starter Thread starter chris22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 398
  • Views Views 24K
Montanaro, your points would look better if you didn't do some words in capitals randomly...

EDIT: got beat to it

If you are looking for who has suffered most that would be all those afgani , iraqi innocents who have died because of americas war against terror. Their losses outweight americas losses on 9/11 many times over.

The war against terror is a necessary task. People just expect the United States et all to just sit back and let Al Qeada get away with more attacks. Sorry. But at least the UK and the United States have the balls to stand up against these animals and take action. It was necessary. No one likes to see innocent people suffer, but unfortunately it happens, and it always has, and sadly it always will. It wasn't just an attack on America on 9/11, it was the world. The people who died on that day shows that. And something had to be done.

lololololololollololol americans are dum.

The war against terror is a necessary task. People just expect the United States et all to just sit back and let Al Qeada get away with more attacks. Sorry. But at least the UK and the United States have the balls to stand up against these animals and take action. It was necessary. No one likes to see innocent people suffer, but unfortunately it happens, and it always has, and sadly it always will. It wasn't just an attack on America on 9/11, it was the world. The people who died on that day shows that. And something had to be done.

You see, was Bin Laden involved in this? It's not known. He denied it (obviously not the most trustworthy person) but still.

Not saying it isn't necessary, saying that they've largely failed. It's taken them 10 years to find and kill a man who, ironically, hasn't really done a huge amount for most of those 10 years. Of course it's necessary, but there's also a difference between a war on *terror*, and a war on Afghanistan IMO.

Anyways - Sorry if that sounded rude. Don't mean it to be argumentative or anything; you made some valid points but am just generally wound up by the occasional fucktard who finds it necessary to make racist and/or offensive posts. =)

You see, was Bin Laden involved in this? It's not known. He denied it (obviously not the most trustworthy person) but still.

He definately played a part without a shadow of a doubt. Ordering the opening of the training camps, the recruiting of members, playing the West, inflaming the hatred against the West, recruiting chiefs.....in my opinion, yes to be honest.

To the people complaining about innocent deaths in the middle-east. What exactly are we supposed to do? Let terrorism prevail? It's a horrible situation to be in, yes. But the only thing we can do is stand up to their ideology. What are we supposed to do, sit back and let them do what they like? They were the ones who declared war on America, they have their personal objectives from the results of this conflict and aren't going to stop. Why exactly should we let people like that win? Millions of innocents were killed in WW2, does that mean we weren't stop supposed to stop Hitler? This conflict hasn't been about stopping bin Laden and never has been, it's about standing up to terrorism full stop, and the death of bin Laden is a major symbolic blow to that.

Would you rather have your own domestic citizens murdered by terrorism to spread their message, then?

He definately played a part without a shadow of a doubt. Ordering the opening of the training camps, the recruiting of members, playing the West, inflaming the hatred against the West, recruiting chiefs.....in my opinion, yes to be honest.

I'm not on Bin Laden's side by the way =P

Not saying it isn't necessary, saying that they've largely failed. It's taken them 10 years to find and kill a man who, ironically, hasn't really done a huge amount for most of those 10 years. Of course it's necessary, but there's also a difference between a war on *terror*, and a war on Afghanistan IMO.

Anyways - Sorry if that sounded rude. Don't mean it to be argumentative or anything; you made some valid points but am just generally wound up by the occasional fucktard who finds it necessary to make racist and/or offensive posts. =)

No probs mate, didn't sound rude or anything. People have their views and opinions, and I respect them for it. It's a forum after all

To the people complaining about innocent deaths in the middle-east. What exactly are we supposed to do? Let terrorism prevail? It's a horrible situation to be in, yes. But the only thing we can do is stand up to their ideology. What are we supposed to do, sit back and let them do what they like? They were the ones who declared war on America, they have their personal objectives from the results of this conflict and aren't going to stop. Why exactly should we let people like that win? Millions of innocents were killed in WW2, does that mean we weren't stop supposed to stop Hitler? This conflict hasn't been about stopping bin Laden and never has been, it's about standing up to terrorism full stop, and the death of bin Laden is a major symbolic blow to that.

Would you rather have your own domestic citizens murdered by terrorism to spread their message, then?

You stopped Hitler, but allied with Stalin who was as bad as Hitler.

Are you ******* kidding? Since when has "murdered" been an offensive term? You used an offensive, racist word.

2. Thanks for that - we did have 7/7, you know? And another attempt seven days later? Don't be so pathetic - this isn't a competition about who's suffered most so stop trying to make it into one.

People aren't celebrating their finals you massive fucktard - look at all the photos; people are celebrating the death of Bin Laden. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's ironic that they celebrate death, and seem to ignore the deaths that the US (and UK if you're going to be like this) have inflicted on innocent civilians.

3. No, you're right. Of course you are. All the death totals are complete propaganda from the British media who just make up statistics. Mhmm.

It's not "incompetence" - it's a failure on the coalition's behalf, and a naivety to think that after Vietnam, Somalia, the first Gulf war and many other examples, they can simply waltz into a country and install a democratic state by Christmas. It doesn't work that way and instead of stopping the violence, they've just had thousands of soldiers die along with the civilians.

1. I thought you were refencing murder. As in, not to say murder. I honestly didn't know paki was offensive, as many nationalities are abbreviated. I suppose that *** is still also offensive to some. For this I sincerely apologize. :@

2. I'm well aware you were attacked by terrorists a few times. But to think that 9/11 isn't of incredible symbolic importance to Americans is naive. Should we have not celebrated after the VJ day as well considering the method that brought that day?

And yes from my hometown, our particular celebrations have been reported through many media outlets through the USA. In particular we have a habit of burning furniture after sports victories, which is what our students did last night as well, which is why the media picked up on it. Certainly in the case of my town, youth angst and Finals Week certainly played a major role in our wild celebrations as I stated before. Not everyone celebrated as hard as we did, which is why I mentioned it and tried to explain it as more than a neanderthal celebration of the death of a person. No reason to call me a fucktard when I've got direct experience with the situation, but way to shine your colors pal.

3. Lol, so it was millionS, now it's thousands? and I'm the fucktard? BTW, thanks for showing your unrelenting anti american bias much like Walrus did. I clearly see where you stack up.

As for addressing your actual point, nobody said we were going to have Afghanistan be a democracy within 3 months (October-Christmas). Nobody said it was going to be easy, quite the contrary! Progress has been made and there is a democracy. However the recent Taliban surge anticipating American war weariness was compromised some outlaying areas which our surge made some progress on. But yes at some point the Afghanis need to stand up to the taliban, and will have to eventually. Whether or not they need the coalition for support is another matter which the Afghan's say isn't necessary any longer.

But, too many citizens died so un-necessary, I can understand there being some casualties, but the sheer amount of them really means that all Western countries involved were stupid and not efficent enough. Torture of people who probably aren't involved in any terrorist activity, children with their face's burnt off, at what cost? A dead deranged man with 25 kids.

I'll leave on this point; the celebration of a dead man regardless of who it is knocks me sick.

Excuse me, but you sort of missed 2 paragraphs. Not to mention you really didn't logically address the 1st.

Try to keep up

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Montanaro, your points would look better if you didn't do some words in capitals randomly...

EDIT: got beat to it

Was trying a new tactic I picked up on a political forum lol. I think you have to sell yourself to that style for it to work.

But, too many citizens died so un-necessary, I can understand there being some casualties, but the sheer amount of them really means that all Western countries involved were stupid and not efficent enough. Torture of people who probably aren't involved in any terrorist activity, children with their face's burnt off, at what cost? A dead deranged man with 25 kids.

I'll leave on this point; the celebration of a dead man regardless of who it is knocks me sick.

It wasn't all just for killing this one man. This is just a stepping stone in a war with a long time yet to run. It's significant because of what it represents. The world's most wanted man, the leader and founder of the most dangerous terrorist organisation in the world. The man with the blood of thousands on his hands. It's a significant blow for Al-Qaeda.

Americans are some of the most patriotic in the world, right or wrong they're celebrating because they see it as revenge, finally.

You mean the thousands of citizens that were blown up by terrorists as they waited in line to vote and to sign up for the military and police to help protect their nation? The Americans did all that? lol

The torture thing is something I struggle with, but apparently it led to finding Usama, so there must be a benefit.

It wasn't all just for killing this one man. This is just a stepping stone in a war with a long time yet to run. It's significant because of what it represents. The world's most wanted man, the leader and founder of the most dangerous terrorist organisation in the world. The man with the blood of thousands on his hands. It's a significant blow for Al-Qaeda.

Americans are some of the most patriotic in the world, right or wrong they're celebrating because they see it as revenge, finally.

Or is it motive to re-ignite their terrorism?

Exactly, i think the killing of Bin Laden is more symbolic more than anything. Yes he was just one man, but he was one man who did so much (basically what you listed). It's a step in the right direction. We just need to eliminate the other leaders and disband the cells where the training of these extremists is happening. Obviously a lot easier said than done but we are on the right track with a long road ahead of us.
Sid please just stfu on things you know nothing about and have nothing to post.

Back