Osama Bin Laden Is Dead Breaking News

• Thread starter Thread starter chris22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 398
  • Views Views 24K
This reminds of me of the day after 9/11. The BBC had an edition of Question Time, and they filled 4/5 of the audience........with sympathisers of Osama's actions, and absolutely slaughtered a US government official, by saying it was all Americas fault. Poor guy never stood a chance, especially when every single 9/11 sympathiser was shouted over when defending the US. Was absolutely sickening. I just can't see why the US is getting the flack here, when they've taken out a complete and utter dodgepot McDougall. I actually thought, there would be a lot more happiness that a guy like this, who stands against everything we stand for, like freedom, democracy, freedom to live how we choose was taken out.
Oh well. I appreciate people have their views, theories but seriously. I thought this would have been a great day in the first step of winning the war against international terrorism which would've been a lot worse, especially when this organisation has the resources to purchase or assemble, a tactical nuclear weapon, or a bio-logical weapon.

Fortunately, some of the views you see are from a small small sample of internet posters.

I can assure you that many people are glad that the "West" finally has a beautiful feather in their hat after all of our hard work.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Its not the fault of the US that Bin Laden had his extremist views. He is the one who over-reacted, there were no complaints from the other nearby Arabic countries who were all equally worried about Saddam destabilsing the region.

and its easy to criticise in hindsight, but when you look at it at the time your argument doesnt hold weight.

I honestly think Afghanistan had just as much influence on Usama as did the 1st gulf war. I'm sure he was ****** at some CIA backhanded dealing that left him high and dry.

This reminds of me of the day after 9/11. The BBC had an edition of Question Time, and they filled 4/5 of the audience........with sympathisers of Osama's actions, and absolutely slaughtered a US government official, by saying it was all Americas fault. Poor guy never stood a chance, especially when every single 9/11 sympathiser was shouted over when defending the US. Was absolutely sickening. I just can't see why the US is getting the flack here, when they've taken out a complete and utter dodgepot McDougall. I actually thought, there would be a lot more happiness that a guy like this, who stands against everything we stand for, like freedom, democracy, freedom to live how we choose was taken out.
Oh well. I appreciate people have their views, theories but seriously. I thought this would have been a great day in the first step of winning the war against international terrorism which would've been a lot worse, especially when this organisation has the resources to purchase or assemble, a tactical nuclear weapon, or a bio-logical weapon.

You can never win with some people, but when you look at the pictures and stories from around the world, most are very very happy. In kenya its practically a national holiday

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Fortunately, some of the views you see are from a small small sample of internet posters.

I can assure you that many people are glad that the "West" finally has a beautiful feather in their hat after all of our hard work.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I honestly think Afghanistan had just as much influence on Usama as did the 1st gulf war. I'm sure he was ****** at some CIA backhanded dealing that left him high and dry.

See, from what i can tell, they got very well equipped, but given what he was upto at the end with his massive militia, maybe he was asking for too much firepower. It was clear his plan wasnt just to force russia out

Jesus Christ. You think that the (former, thankfully) head of the world's largest terrorist organisation secretly works for the CIA? A man who has been responsible for thousands of US deaths, many British deaths and countless more across the globe. And you believe he is actually on the US's side? That's just ridiculous. There's no way that could happen.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Hmm It was half joke half well joke.

No, I actually think Bin Laden is a ****** made up person who actually use to be a CIA agent which the USA had used and then disposed off just to get a "reason" to come to the middle east and take the oil they had to pay for before....

I prefer these so called conspiracy theories, they are interesting and in some parts very amusing. Just like the thing I wrote in the post you quoted and this thing I've written up here.

maybe 1% seriousness, 99 % bad jokes trying to amuse the forum posters.

By the way, you actually think that it took this long for the Americans to get hold of Bin Laden and kill him?
You honestly believe It would really take it this long for the strongest force in the world to get rid of one man?
By the way, these topics to talk about are interesting just because of the dumb conspiracy theories. You choose whether to think they are true, think they are utterly ridiculous or just say you believe them to see what the other side will say.

Take a chill pill and well chill! :)

(Edit: No harm is intended in any of these posts posted by me in this topic. If you are offended in any way, I apologise. Cheers and enjoy the rest of the night)

Last edited:

No, I actually think Bin Laden is a ****** made up person who actually use to be a CIA agent which the USA had used and then disposed off just to get a "reason" to come to the middle east and take the oil they had to pay for before....

I prefer these so called conspiracy theories, they are interesting and in some parts very amusing. Just like the thing I wrote in the post you quoted and this thing I've written up here.

By the way, you actually think that it took this long for the Americans to get hold of Bin Laden and kill him?
You honestly believe It would really take it this long for the strongest force in the world to get rid of one man?
By the way, these topics to talk about are interesting just because of the dumb conspiracy theories. You choose whether to think they are true, think they are utterly ridiculous or just say you believe them to see what the other side will say.

as ive already said before, lets keep the ridiculous theories off the thread

Jokes like that don't work particularly well over the internet. Or in real life for that matter.

I didn't realise you weren't being serious in your original post. And as you've guessed I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. Load of rubbish in my opinion.

i can see curtis is here, please keep this shorter than usual

Jokes like that don't work particularly well over the internet. Or in real life for that matter.

I didn't realise you weren't being serious in your original post. And as you've guessed I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. Load of rubbish in my opinion.

Ah, everything's A-OK mate.

Question, does anyone think Bush was connected with 9/11 (twins buildings)?

Yeah I know it sounds like another one of those "consp. theories" but I think I've read somewhere that wikileaks have some evidence about 9/11 that the public didn't hear?

Yeah I know it sounds like another one of those "consp. theories" but I think I've read somewhere that wikileaks have some evidence about 9/11 that the public didn't hear?

How have you heard about it if the public didn't hear about it? :)

And no.

Bush I think isn't that sick enough to be connected with anything to do with the Twin Tower attacks. And as for wikileaks....toilet paper imo

Obama and Osama are the same person. I thought you all knew that?

Bush I think isn't that sick enough to be connected with anything to do with the Twin Tower attacks. And as for wikileaks....toilet paper imo

Why exactly do you have that opinion on wikileaks, if I may ask?

You can never win with some people, but when you look at the pictures and stories from around the world, most are very very happy. In kenya its practically a national holiday

I'm still uneasy with celebrating the death of Bin Laden. I'm not usually one to indulge in pretentious quotes, but;

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr

That said, seeing this as a bad thing is ridiculous in the extreme.

Last edited:
Why exactly do you have that opinion on wikileaks, if I may ask?

Honestly, it's the fact they realised information on things like troops whereabouts, information that can endanger peoples safety....what they did was totally wrong imo. I know there's a freedom of info act, but still....they took it to the extreme. Shouldn't have done it

Back