Osama Bin Laden Is Dead Breaking News

Interesting enough this "Osama dead" news has literally shoved away the news on the bombing on Gaddafi, and killing his son's family (Gaddafi's grandsons granddaughters, his son and his sons wife). So basically this news on osama being dead has stopped any possibility of Obama and some others (and NATO ofc) being heavily criticized for dropping bombs on a place where children lived even though they said "they attacked a military facility".

But don't want to go too much offtopic...

@DMF
Watched the video, thank you for posting the link.

Chinooks move across the country fairly often, if there was something going down (ie SAS) you wouldnt know becuase they use Dauphin helicopters painted in civilian colours to move across the country

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Still have plenty of extremists out there so it it's not like its over

Won't be over for a long, long time. Especially with so many extreme radical clerics out there.

They weren't Chinooks, looked like blackhawk/apache type choppers. Only one rotor.

Yeah, still all the rest, but Obama was the main one, the 'idol' of them all. Like I said, the replacement will be in place now anyway.

*edit i meant Osama.

Also, the choppers used in the raid were Blackhawks, and two Chinooks.

Interesting enough this "Osama dead" news has literally shoved away the news on the bombing on Gaddafi, and killing his son's family (Gaddafi's grandsons granddaughters, his son and his sons wife). So basically this news on osama being dead has stopped any possibility of Obama and some others (and NATO ofc) being heavily criticized for dropping bombs on a place where children lived even though they said "they attacked a military facility".
This.

Either black or very dark green, sun was restricting my view so couldn't see the colours for definate.. Probably just running a drill or something anyways but is rather unusual to see them type of choppers fly over where I live/work.

Either black or very dark green, sun was restricting my view so couldn't see the colours for definate.. Probably just running a drill or something anyways but is rather unusual to see them type of choppers fly over where I live/work.

This time of year, there's quite a lot of military manoeuvres. Up here in the north east, past few weeks, had jets, helicopters, sound of gunfire on ranges. Nothing uncommon

probably dark green so military. Yeah its still rare though i always look up and wonder when i see stuff like that, where do you work?

I work in Wigan and there aren't any airfields within 25 miles at least from where I work so it is rather unusual, first time I've ever seen military aircraft overhead, just seemed like a bit of a coincidence.

Most likely en route to one of the several training bases in UK. Where I lived in UK they used to fly over very regularly, Chinooks especially.

I work in Wigan and there aren't any airfields within 25 miles at least from where I work so it is rather unusual, first time I've ever seen military aircraft overhead, just seemed like a bit of a coincidence.

Just wondering. There were terror arrests at Sellafield nuclear power station, with a number of people being arrested after photographing the site. Isn't there a nuclear power station near Wigan somewhere? Maybe connected, sort of checking the place just in case. May sound far fetched, but you never know

Wish people would stop claiming this to be a hoax, it's obviously not..It's been well publicized this time unlike "the other 9 times" (DMF video) It may be when the elections are imminent but America can't be that stupid to pull a hoax like this? If it backfires..lets put it this way..Obama is ******.

I fully believe he is dead, and personally the bottom of the ocean is the best place for him. If he had a grave I for one would go to his grave and **** on it..now i'm not disrespecting the dead for one minute, but he deserves no respect what so ever.

The final point i use to prove it is real. Twitter. It was updated live by a local resident reporting the helicopters and explosions etc. this does not prove they got Osama but it proves they were there..The secrecy of the operation (flying in low to avoid Pakistani radar's) shows it was a highly secret operation. Deceiving the Pakistani Government is not the sort of thing America would want to be doing if it wasn't worth the risk. Osama would be worth that risk..

Draw whatever you want from this but, i personally believe he is dead.

They got rid of the body in the ocean and so quickly so that his final resting place wouldn't become a shrine to his followers...

Just wondering. There were terror arrests at Sellafield nuclear power station, with a number of people being arrested after photographing the site. Isn't there a nuclear power station near Wigan somewhere? Maybe connected, sort of checking the place just in case. May sound far fetched, but you never know

I have to wnder who the **** is stupid enough to take pictures the day after its announced Bin laden is dead

Possibly a decoy? While they are in custody, god knows what else is going on there, the site is decomissioned as well I believe.

I have to wnder who the **** is stupid enough to take pictures the day after its announced Bin laden is dead

I know. Really defies belief sometimes. Safe to say that they're gonna feel absolutely stupid following an absolute rollicking from the authorities

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Possibly a decoy? While they are in custody, god knows what else is going on there, the site is decomissioned as well I believe.

Ah didn't realise. Thought it may have been a bit far fetched like lol

1404: Meanwhile, a source has told ABC News that President Obama and White House officials are discussing the possibility of releasing a photograph of Osama Bin Laden's corpse today. The image is said to be ****** and gruesome, showing a bullet wound to Bin Laden's head above his left eye. There are concerns its release could be inflammatory, though officials also say it is important to put to rest any scepticism about the death, the station reports.

That could clear a few things up.

Could clear things up.

Or, they could get one of the graphical artists and have a image made up ;)

That could clear a few things up.

last time they released the pics about Saddams sons' it didnt go down well, but something as big as this needs as much confirmation as possible

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Could clear things up.

Or, they could get one of the graphical artists and have a image made up ;)

lol

in fairness they could show the whole body if they had kept it, and some people would still say it didnt happen