One was an agent offer, I snapped his hand off! The other was found on my initial scouting mission. I think there is an attacking midfielder added to my transfer targets but I forget now.

Ok just a bit of luck then. you don't have some mad way of finding top regens then? :p

Ok just a bit of luck then. you don't have some mad way of finding top regens then? :p

I went searching all Argentinian teams, aswell as other countries, Any good players were added to the already massive shortlist. Maybe we should have a shortlist each?

Last edited:
I went searching all Argentinian teams, aswell as other countries, Any good players were added to the already massive shortlist. Maybe we should have a shortlist each?

Yeah would be a good idea! Just made 2 HUGE!!! transfers! but on very large wages!! :/ if reading can't score then i will resign from playing football manager (for the rest of the week ;P)

Yeah would be a good idea! Just made 2 HUGE!!! transfers! but on very large wages!! :/ if reading can't score then i will resign from playing football manager (for the rest of the week ;P)

ooo that sounds interesting! Are we getting a signings update? ;)

Haven't read a story on FM Base for a long while i really don't know what attracted me here but keep it up i'm really liking it so far and very curious to see who the two signings are

Loving the idea of this save, been following for a few days now and looks like its all going well those Argi defenders look quality and should do well. If you lot do start a new save il be interested, ive been following stories on here for a while but havent posted one yet. Let me know if one comes up.

I like the idea of this story, you're doing well too! I saw it very early on, and didn't see it when the members were changing, good to see you've got all 3 of you dedicated to it now as well!

I am loving this thread and this idea. Will definitely be keeping tabs on it and would love to do something similar if there were two other members following this thread with similar ideas. Only if you boys didnt mind of course :)

Really dig the concept.

If any members do have a desire to emulate what's been done - then send me a PM. only need two people to make it a party :)

Any way guys, sorry for the slight thread steal, as you might be able to tell - am very impressed with the idea and am excited to see what happens to Reading next.

I'd be interested in doing something like this!

January Window Round Up!

So I promised there was 2 'HUGE!!' transfers and here they are:

1) LUKAS PODOLSKI

View attachment 336494

Signed for just £5.5m aged 28 has to be a bargain but on 83k per week has a lot to live up to!

2) EZEQUIEL LAVEZZI
View attachment 336498

Signed for £8m on a 51k per week wage

Complete transfer round up:
View attachment 336501

As you can see i made full use of our club affiliate to pick up 2 good young players on the cheap.

1) Billy Brosnan
View attachment 336504View attachment 336505View attachment 336502

As you can see being picked up for £170k even if he doesn't turn out to be a valuable member of the team then should be able to sell him for a large profit.

2) Graham Rogers
View attachment 336506View attachment 336507View attachment 336509

Signed for £150k another player which a profit could be made on. Out on loan in league 1 but only Blue Square prem current ability!

Also have deals for Moares and fernandes accepted and will join the club in the future:
View attachment 336500 View attachment 336511 View attachment 336510

January Match Update:
View attachment 336514

No matches were won easily but the match against Man City has had a great influence on the tactic I have decided to start with.....

I am not a fan of 5 at the back but due to Mojo's success with the system i decided to start the game vs city with the same tactic as Mojo used but found myself 2-0 down and decided to move a centre back to CAM and sub them for gervinho and drew the game 2-2.

So therefore I am now using this tactic:
View attachment 336516

I have Mojo's tactic as backup and the tactic I used in my first 6 months.

Good month there, especially coming back to draw with Man City. How's the league going?

Holy **** how have we managed Podolski!

4 wins in 6 is also brilliant going!

Nice signings especiall Podolski and for only 5m - bargain

I like the idea of this story, you're doing well too! I saw it very early on, and didn't see it when the members were changing, good to see you've got all 3 of you dedicated to it now as well!

I'd be interested in doing something like this!

Cant believe those signings - they will fire Reading into Europe again for sure. Cant wait for the next update.

Anyone along with Andrewpage14 interested? Thinking maybe a West Ham or Aston Villa save

February + March Update!

A month of mixed results Kweuke is in very good form recently and Podolski has settled in well but hasn't quiet started firing on all cylinders. I am currently quite frustrated with the balance of the squad and the quality of some players in the midfield. The club has 4 first team midfielders and using a 3 man midfield this is not enough especially with the amount of games we have at the moment this has caused a lot of injuries.

Here are my results:
View attachment 336659

Fair to say a mixed bag of results but i am not too disappointed with the results due to the number of injury problems we have had. But i am delighted with how the euro cup matches went beating OM on away goals :) and now into the quarter-finals to play arsenal.

View attachment 336660

Fallen away from the champions league places but should be able to make a top 6 finish which I think is a good result from the season.

Cant believe those signings - they will fire Reading into Europe again for sure. Cant wait for the next update.

Anyone along with Andrewpage14 interested? Thinking maybe a West Ham or Aston Villa save

Yeah i could be interested. :)

how bad are the injury problems? I did try to sign some more midfielders but the good ones weren't interested...

how bad are the injury problems? I did try to sign some more midfielders but the good ones weren't interested...

Well Billy Brosnan one of the guys i signed from cork city is a regular first team player at the moment! :/

Amazing signings btw.
You've all taken Reading to new hights in record time!