ILoveLamp

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

The challenge is famous now so no need for a big build up write up.

I've done it on FM13 and FM15 but was waiting for the final patch to begin it on FM16. Playing FMT and using instant result and (mostly) quick pick team selection I'll be hoping to do this asap then move onto to new challenges, all on the same save like I did on FM13 which I stay play - into year 2130-something.

GOALS

1) South African Champions League Winners WON 2019
2) Asian Champions League Winners WON 2024
3) South America Champions League Winners WON 2027
4) North American Champions League Winners WON 2028

5) European Champions League Winners WON 2030

*Click the year for links

Going beyond the Pentagon:

6) England Hero - bottom to top divisions
7) Alphabet Challenge
8) Champions League Challenge - current challenge

Barcelona
Real - WON 2030
Bayern Munich
Man Utd
Chelsea - WON 2035
Juventus
AC Milan - WON 2033
Inter Milan
Dortmund
Porto
Liverpool
Hamburg - WON 2039
Benfica
Ajax
PSV
Marseille
Celtic
Feynoord
Aston Villa
Red Star Belgrade
Steaua Bucharest
Nottingham Forest

click for links

... and any more that spring to mind later

Last edited:
It begins...

-- BAROKA FC --

View attachment 160717

Never even heard of them to be honest. Rock bottom of the second division is as far away from Champions League glory as we can be but I must start somewhere.

View attachment 160719

View attachment 160718

The club had one full back and two centre halves! Any wonder they find themselves at the foot of the table.. so I had a mad scramble to get some defenders in before the transfer deadline.

View attachment 160716

View attachment 160701

The immediate goal at Baroka was to get them off the foot of the table and we done that fairly quickly and secured our place in the division with a few games to spare

Season 1

Avoiding relegation was our first target after taking over in January with the club adrift at the bottom of the league.

Well, we did that and then some!

View attachment 160679

View attachment 160678

I didn't want the season to end! We will look to strengthen the squad over the summer and hopefully look to mount a promotion challenge with luck.

Season 2

£700,000 in debt meant we had to scour the free transfer market for new recruits. We managed to get some better players in and considering our end of season form perhaps a promotion push is indeed a realistic target.

Our early season results show that could well be the case..

View attachment 160669

View attachment 160670

The form hasn't went unnoticed either as I'm beginning to be linked with bigger jobs. We'll see if any offers materialise.

View attachment 160667

Our early form saw us set the pace and we never let the foot off the gas for the rest of the season as we ran out comfortable First division champions.

A first title as manager but one of many if I am to complete this challenge.

View attachment 159572
View attachment 159570

Such was our form that we made it all the way to the SA Cup final. However the gulf in class between ourselves and the top flight side was apparent throughout.

View attachment 159571

View attachment 159533

The job offers are starting to come in but I will aim to see out the season as we look like mounting a surprising title challenge.

I will have to find a bigger club soon though as we are over £1.5m in debt so the long term future doesn't look bright at Baroka.

Unfortunately we hit a bit of patchy form just as the season reached its climax. As a result we crashed out of the cup at the semi final stage and our unexpected title challenge ran out of steam.

View attachment 159187

View attachment 159188

However we couldn't really have expected much better from our first season in the top flight.

Our debt was written off following a board takeover, though we won't be given any extra funds. Consequently I will begin to look at any job vacancies from the more established South African clubs.

Following on from our cup success we once again are the early pace setters in the league. Can we hold on is the question?

View attachment 159167

I've been looking out for job vacancies and was rejected by Sundowns. However the finances are ever-improving so maybe I won't have to leave Baroka after all.

View attachment 159166

And this just appeared in my newsbox..

View attachment 159163

Thought our third place finish only got us into the second tier African competition so. there you go..

Doing brilliant so far mate love how quickly you get through the seasons , interesting to see someone playing in a different league to what most play on

Doing brilliant so far mate love how quickly you get through the seasons , interesting to see someone playing in a different league to what most play on

Cheers mate. I use instant result and usually holiday in between matches. Playing FMT and don't see any difference between instant result and playing matches myself (except maybe when we get red cards)