977515d1433819507-liverpool-fc-5-year-plan-champions-league-stats.png

View attachment 152286

View attachment 152287

3RD TIME LUCKY INDEED!!

After a last-32 finish and the agony of last years final defeat to Real Madrid we have finally got out hands on the big prize after a comfortable 3-0 win over Barcelona thanks to a hattrick from Rizzo, his 48th, 49th and 50th goals of the season.

Competitions Overview

View attachment 152288

I prepared Milan for the new season but planned on resigning after the Italian and European Super Cups anyway.

We won both of those to add to my personal trophy count (44 now).

I applied for the vacant Juventus and Chelsea jobs but didn't get either somehow so I've accepted the Ivory Coast job as I await the next team on the Champions League challenge ladder.

View attachment 152281

View attachment 152282

Nice to see Donnarumma still about! He must be one of the only real players left now

Season 2034/35 - Chelsea

We won 9 of the 10 league games last season after I took over so I was optimistic ahead of the new season. However we started slow and were bouncing between 7th and 10th in the early period of the season.

We had a new keeper and centreback and were conceding with every shot. I don't blame them, I blame the ****** 16.3.1 match engine as this is a regular occurrence no matter what tactic I use.

Nevermind, around December time I finally settled on a tactical system and we starting heading up the league. Thankfully our early poor form didn't affect the UCL qualifiers were we beat CSKA 6-2 to reach the group stages.

Group Stage

View attachment 151755

Knockout Rounds

View attachment 151754

We blew Atleti and Liverpool away but United was a tight squeeze. We are also challenging them for the title and have chipped away at the 10 point gap they had over us earlier in the season.

View attachment 151753

We face Bayern in the final, a re-run of the 2012 final which is still Chelsea's only UCL triumph.

View attachment 151742

CHAMPIONS!!

2-0 on the night and 2-0 in Chelsea v Bayern UCL finals too!

To make things even sweeter the goalscorer Molchanov we bought from Bayern in the summer for £33.5m.

Competitions Overview

View attachment 151741

We pipped United to the title in the end. I can't say it was really deserved as we only topped the table for the first time in week 34. The luck that deserted us at the start of the season returned when we needed it most!

Oh and when your right winger puts in a season like this..

View attachment 151743

Season 3035/36 - Chelsea

Usually I resign after winning the UCL with the chosen club however I seemed to be getting some stick from the press for always resigning so I stayed at Chelsea and await the next available club.

As it happened none came along until the end of the following season. I accepted a job (to be announced) for the start of next season allowing me to see out the current season at Chelsea.

And what a season it was!

Group Stage

View attachment 151139

Knockout Rounds

View attachment 151142

View attachment 151141

BACK-TO-BACK TITLES!!!

And so close to a domestic clean sweep, only Man Utd denying us in the League Cup final.​

View attachment 150914

View attachment 150915

Typical. Waited all season at Chelsea for the next UCL job to appear. Hamburg finally arrived towards the end of the season so I accepted and would take over at the end of the season.

A few days after accepting the Hamburg job both Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund parted with their managers :'(

Nevermind, Hamburg are definitely one of the more difficult teams on the Champions League challenge and we had to do it sooner or later.

Season 2037/38 - HSV

Hamburg is proving much more difficult than I anticipated. Finances are poor, an aging squad and Bayern utterly dominant at home.

View attachment 148585

A lack of quantity and quality at the back cost us numerous times this season with every decent run ended by a heavy defeat. Slow defenders do not suit my system or FM16 in general. One defender, Englebert, has a nightmare every time I play him (pace 11, acceleration 10). Sadly he his our 3rd choice centre back so plays too many games for my liking.

We reached the Europa League semis, beat Sporting 2-0 in Portugal but had to play Englebert due to injuries in the second leg. We lost at home 3-0. In fact his last 3 starts we've lost 3-0, 2-1 and 3-0 with his best rating being a 6.0.

CB's are a must with whatever limited funds I'm giving.

-- FC Bayern: Can't touch this! --

View attachment 148586

Looking good mate, well done on beating Dortmund to 2nd place, you should be able to come second in that group behind Barcelona if the league rankings havent changed that much or are Ajax and Celtic a lot better now?

Season 2038/39 - HSV

Spending our entire budget on a couple of quality centre halves and sticking a DM in front of them proved to be a masterstroke as we hit the front early in the Bundesliga and never left off.

However, the UCL is what I'm targeting in this current challenge..

Group Stage

View attachment 148405

Knockout Rounds

View attachment 148406

As expected, we finished behond Barcelona in the Group of Death.

Valencia were comfortably dispatched, Man Utd battered us at Old Trafford in the second leg but the 2-0 home victory saw us through and Zenit were out of their depth with the tie basically over after the first leg 3-0 win.

We have the fairly short trip to Berlin for a Champions League final against Manchester City for HSV's first final since their triumph in 1983.​

View attachment 148403

CHAMPIONS!!!!

Compared to other teams on this challenge it seemed like I've been at Hamburg for an eternity! In truth I feared the worst in this final as my star keeper, right back and right winger were all called up on international duty (a stupid FM bug) and my reserve players aren't up to much.

However, City were weakened too and in a topsy turvy UCL final we managed to come out on top and win it with one of the weaker teams. The likes of Nottm Forest or Red Star Belgrade are going to be extremely difficult.

Competitions Overview

View attachment 148404

Knock Bayern Munich off their perch not only gave me another league title but opened up the next opportunity on our Champions League Challenge..

View attachment 148391

Despite being so dominant when I came to Germany, FC Bayern haven't claimed the UCL since 2013. However, about 80% of the squad already here is good enough. A new keeper, centre back and left winger and we will be challenging almost straight away.

Note the £12.5m fee they had to pay to get me
:p

View attachment 144529

Runners-up

Another ****** FM16 result! My strikers miss chance after chance and the opposition score with every shot on target.

I turned off FM16 once again after this result two weeks ago and returned to FM13.

Will load this back up and see how far I can get before yet another rage quit!

Competitions Overview

View attachment 144530

Dominated the league but knocked out by rivals Dortmund in the Cup.

New Stadium?

View attachment 144531