A couple more trophies won at Tigres in between the Copa and NACL triumphs see my CV continue to grow ahead of the European leg.

View attachment 155489

View attachment 155490

'Hand on approach' just highlights how I play these types of saves:
1) Assistant picks teams which I may tweak
2) Instant result
3) Holiday between matches
4) Often use the director of football to do transfers ('add as transfer target')

As for Europe I loaded my favorite leagues - England, Spain, Italy and Germany.

Rather than apply for jobs I thought I would sit back and see what happened. It turns out that my achievements hadn't went unnoticed in Europe as offers soon arrived from Hamburg, Stoke and Hull.

I considered the Hamburg job but they had just been promoted back to the Bundesliga and I didn't want a big challenge to be honest. Let's get this pentagon challenge done then we can look at good challenges.

The next club to offer me the top job I accepted:

View attachment 155463

In deep trouble but they have a good squad so I would expect us to be out of trouble before long then I will reevaluate the job situation at the end of the season.

View attachment 155462

Southampton Season

I knew the team I had inherited were too good to be in the position they were in and after a bit of a rocky start my 'philosophy' soon began to show results and we climbed the table.

View attachment 155453

Oh yea, and we managed to win the FA Cup :p

View attachment 155454

I resigned after the FA Cup win.

It was a gamble but with MAN CITY, JUVENTUS and BARCELONA jobs all up for grabs it was a gamble worth taking.

However, I never got any of the above jobs. Pep took Juve, Allergi got Barcelona and Zidane beat me to the City job.

Even so, Zidane jumping ship opened up one particular job...

View attachment 155452

Brilliant that in 13 years you have gone so far! That loss to Henan in the China FA Cup has haunted you for years now!

Brilliant that in 13 years you have gone so far! That loss to Henan in the China FA Cup has haunted you for years now!
Lol. Every loss haunts me mainly because they are all 'FM' results - opposition scoring with every shot they have yet my players put everything in row Z

Last edited:
The last leg of the Pentagon Challenge sees us in Europe. After a few successful months at Southampton we bagged the job at one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid. The most successful side in UCL history it shouldn't be long before we add to their trophy count.

Group Stage

View attachment 155089

An easy group but rather surprisingly the two draws came against lowly Basel.

Knockout Rnds

2nd KO Rnd

View attachment 155078

Quarter Finals

View attachment 155077

View attachment 155076

All over after the first leg as we battered Juve.

Semi Finals

View attachment 155075

View attachment 155074

We had it all to do after a poor showing at Old Trafford. At home we are capable of beating anyone but 8-0!!! Wow

In the final we meet:

5.png

977515d1433819507-liverpool-fc-5-year-plan-champions-league-stats.png

View attachment 155063

PENTAGON COMPLETE!!

By no means a classic but do we care? Madrid had won 2 of the last 3 finals and were current holders so when taking the job I knew we had a great chance to get the Uefa Champions League trophy at the first attempt.

Domestically we dominated too though we wobbled a wee bit in the league as I rested players to prioritize the UCL.

View attachment 155066

View attachment 155064

From lowly Baroka FC in the South African First Division to champions of Europe with mighty Real Madrid!

View attachment 155065

With the Pentagon complete I move on to the next career challenge which will be

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

Click above for a full breakdown but in short the challenge is to win the Champions League with all previous winners in real life.

Now I've already won it with Madrid which was easy as will the likes of Bayern, Juventus or Man Utd but as I work my way through the list winning it with the likes of Nottingham Forest, Red Star Belgrade or Steau Bucharest will be far from easy which is where the main challenge will be found.

Congrats on completing the pentagon and good luck with the CL challenge

977515d1433819507-liverpool-fc-5-year-plan-champions-league-stats.png

View attachment 152635

CUP FINAL AGONY!!

Despite averaging 2.6 goals per game all season we somehow manage to blow chance after chance in the final and are sucker punched by Real in extra time.

During the Pentagon Challenge I was almost invincible in continental competitions but luck (or bad luck) has seemingly caught up with me.

We go again next season.

Competitions Overview

View attachment 152636

Season 2032/33 - AC Milan

We aim for third time lucky in winning the UCL with AC Milan.

Group Stage

View attachment 152295

Knockout Rounds

View attachment 152294

View attachment 152293

A second consecutive UCL final appearance and once again we meet Spanish giants, this time 8-times winners Barcelona. We even managed to get some revenge over Real Madrid who beat us in last years final by knocking them out in the semis.