People supporting 2 teams

• Thread starter Thread starter Cam!
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 6K
The best thing to do whenever United lose is to just go and stand at Euston Station and watch all the United fans flooding back to Surrey from Old Trafford and just look at them ;)

When United lost to Leeds in FA Cup, I had a Leeds mate whose facebook status was "Let's go to Euston Station and celebrate".

Haha, beautiful.

It was a great drive home after we beat United 3-0 this season though.

**** you lot, most of our fans are not from surrey.:@ (They're from asiaoO))

I only support united, my dad supports them because his idol is george best|). Got a season ticket:D. Local team is warrington town:S hadn't even heard of them till like two years ago.

I only support united, my dad supports the because his idol is george best|). Got a season ticket:D. Local team is warrington town:S hadn't even heard of them till like two years ago.

There is a large proportion of United season ticket holders in Surrey though, I won't deny the fact that there are plenty up north either.

So u didnt just start supporting them recently then when Sven came in lol
Oh yeah 6 years ago thats when Sven came in :P lol
Nah been supporting them for years! Proud to be the only Irish magpies fan! lol

I only support united, my dad supports them because his idol is george best|). Got a season ticket:D. Local team is warrington town:S hadn't even heard of them till like two years ago.

thats fair enough mate if your dad is a fan, most lads follow their dads example. its his fault not yours LOL.

And unfortunately all the top 4 are gaining supporters from everywhere, which is damaging the support of local teams country wide. gradually making the gap wider and wider. promoting media coverage and money controlling football. which is a shame in respect to the smaller clubs, im sure a lot of people would agree

But if you are at all passionate about a team, and go to the games, have a season ticket, go away from home with them.

then you just cant!!! It is wrong!

Shocking excuses for supporters. I suppose things like this, and supporting a few teams determines a real fan, from an armchair supporter

WERE BIRMINGHAM, WERE BIRMINGHAM CITY!!!!

1. im not an armchair fan.
2. according to you im not a passionate fan because i support 2 teams, please see below for reasons why this is wrong:

i lived on pasta and tomato sauce for 3 years while giving all my money to the united corporate monster when i was a student. and i have just spent the last 2 years screaming my head off at george boyd telling him i love him after back to back promotions for posh. I still go to plenty of united games home and away despite living 150 miles away. im a season ticketer with posh and have been to blackburn and bristol away this season. how is that in any way not passionate?

3. seems theres plenty of passionate fans in birmingham atm; Blues v Wolves derby game with 6000 empty seats in the stadium.........

Last edited:
I wasn't actually annoyed about you saying there are lots of united fans from surrey. i was only joking.(A)

I support United as its been the team my family have supported since they were created; if you believe my Grandparents then some ancestor of mine was working at Newton Heath Railways when the club was founded.

I also support Bury as they are my most local team, and as they are a **** site cheaper to go and watch generally go to most of their home games. I would say I preferred Bury over United if I had to choose to be honest.

I also follow Reading's results after deciding I liked them when playing as them on Fifa 07 (weird I know) and then having a career with them on both FM09 and FM10.

I'm from newcastle, so support newcastle, but live in bristol now, so support bristol city. Easy.

And you chose City because of them being higher up the English tier? ;)

United till i die!!! but i admire Villa, theyve got a good squad and a great manager

1. im not an armchair fan.
2. according to you im not a passionate fan because i support 2 teams, please see below for reasons why this is wrong:

i lived on pasta and tomato sauce for 3 years while giving all my money to the united corporate monster when i was a student. and i have just spent the last 2 years screaming my head off at george boyd telling him i love him after back to back promotions for posh. I still go to plenty of united games home and away despite living 150 miles away. im a season ticketer with posh and have been to blackburn and bristol away this season. how is that in any way not passioante?

3. seems theres plenty of passioante fans in birmingham atm; Blues v Wolves derby game with 6000 empty seats in the stadium.........

ANOTHER man united fan that doesn't live in manchester... SHOCK me why don't you :/
i really respect the fact that you support posh, honest, good local club, so hats off to you.
but really i don't care how you afforded the tickets, irrelevant!
facts... you don't live in manchester, you have a season ticket at posh.
stop being a glory hunter and fuelling the corporate machine as you call it, they don't need it!

And ye have a pop at us, everyone seems to, "no one likes us, but we don't care"
Consider the facts MATE!
wolves took 2600 fans. thats 1600 seats they didn't fill.

Ye we didn't fill our ground, most teams of our stature don't unfortunately, because of like minded people like yourself, who decide to support the big teams, and go to 1, 2 maybe even 3 :o games a season. Or like most none! and watch match of the day LOL.

If im honest i don't care about the attendance today, 2-1. super kev. loving it.

playing ****, and winning games, cant get better than this :)

I now support 5 teams.

Reasons for each club:

Tottenham Hotspur - My family is from Tottenham.

Arsenal - My brother supports them.

Chelsea - I like blue.

Manchester United - I live in London.

Liverpool - Torres is cool.

I am quite sure one of my clubs will win the league this season therefore I am happy.

ANOTHER man united fan that doesn't live in manchester... SHOCK me why don't you :/
i really respect the fact that you support posh, honest, good local club, so hats off to you.
but really i don't care how you afforded the tickets, irrelevant!
facts... you don't live in manchester, you have a season ticket at posh.
stop being a glory hunter and fuelling the corporate machine as you call it, they don't need it!

And ye have a pop at us, everyone seems to, "no one likes us, but we don't care"
Consider the facts MATE!
wolves took 2600 fans. thats 1600 seats they didn't fill.

Ye we didn't fill our ground, most teams of our stature don't unfortunately, because of like minded people like yourself, who decide to support the big teams, and go to 1, 2 maybe even 3 :o games a season. Or like most none! and watch match of the day LOL.

If im honest i don't care about the attendance today, 2-1. super kev. loving it.

playing ****, and winning games, cant get better than this :)

if youd read my previous post on page 2 you would see that ive been a posh fan since i was 10. why am i united fan i wonder.....? because for the first 10 years of my life my family lived in manchester..... please check your facts before calling me a glory hunter.

irrelevant that i spent literally every spare penny i had on watching united for 3 years? do me a favour.

2 or 3 games a season? ive been to 10+ united games a season since i was 5, and every game for 3 years when i was a student in manchester. Im going to the Milan games home AND AWAY and ive already been to 5 united games this season, as i said before, i live 150 miles away now.

i lol'd at 'facts'

the fact which youve conviniently dodged is that even with the wolves contingent missing you failed to fill over 3000 seats in a derby game.

**** duncan rovers are a mile better than those red scum, anyway i dont see the issue with this supporting 2 teams

if youd read my previous post on page 2 you would see that ive been a posh fan since i was 10. why am i united fan i wonder.....? because for the first 10 years of my life my family lived in manchester..... please check your facts before calling me a glory hunter.

irrelevant that i spent literally every spare penny i had on watching united for 3 years? do me a favour.

2 or 3 games a season? ive been to 10+ united games a season since i was 5, and every game for 3 years when i was a student in manchester. Im going to the Milan games home AND AWAY and ive already been to 5 united games this season, as i said before, i live 150 miles away now.

i lol'd at 'facts'

the fact which youve conviniently dodged is that even with the wolves contingent missing you failed to fill over 3000 seats in a derby game.

fair enough... i haven't read the whole thread LOL :/. But as you have clearly shown, you my friend are one of very few that breaks the pattern!

I dont think there are many out there that do what you do to be fair. If any at all!
So, i regrettably apologise, and actually applaud your financial commitment to football, as most of my spare cash, being a student myself goes on booze

I could bore you all with the actual facts for our attendance problems, that if you support the club, live in birmingham you may of heard of.
Our attendance slipped away because of LIES LIES AND MORE LIES from the Gold and Sullivan duo of BULLSHIT! As much as everyone thinks they are good blokes, NO they dragged us up from nothing, and then kept us at stable, and never wanted to go any further, and put little to no money into the club from then onward, obtaining promotion and parachute payments over the last few seasons.
Then 'Mr Sullivan" moaning at fans for commitment on occasion has driven away vast numbers of fans. The fans that have been pushed away over the last 5 years or so will take a lot of getting back, as they have probably now took up fishing, or going shopping with the mrs :/
And i might add, Birmingham is one of the hardest hit areas of redundancy over the past year, don't help, especially when a game is televised.

Although over this season a belief and a new order is being installed with Carson taking over. 5,500 tickets sold out just by season ticket holders to go away to derby next saturday cant be bad can it? me being one of them ;)

But ye i am as ashamed as anyone in the fact that my team doesn't fill its ground, i love this club however **** people may think we are lol.
But to be fair it is nice to get a pint quicker at half time, and have less traffic to get through on the way home ;) LOL kidding obviously

well i support Liverpool but look out for Derby and Barcelonas and celtics results

Meh, I'm a Boro fan but look out for the results of;

Darlington, Hartlepool, Carlisle, Luton.

In the CL I support English teams.

Because of sibling rivalry/the fact everyone likes one or the other;

• In Spain I support Real Madrid
  • In Scotland I support Rangers

I part time support Whitby Town

I have been to more Hull/Tottenham/Whitby games this season than I have Boro.

I support my legs, because they support me.

Well, here is my take on it.

I'm a gooner. And me and my brother are the only gooners in the family. We go to a few home games, and are going to go to some away ones too. I've been brought up by my brother who chose Arsenal because he liked Ian Wright. This has lead me to support Arsenal. I live in London, quite a way from Arsenal actually. I'm from West London, so most of my family are Chelsea or QPR, so the abuse I get is unbearable.

Then there is Hayes. Been going for years. Used to follow them religiously but then I just stopped :S. Then when Hayes and Yeading came back, I've started to follow them religiously again. I live about a mile away, and there such a small club, its lovely to see us punch above our weight.

If, in the unlikely scenario occurred that Arsenal met Hayes, I would want Arsenal to win, such is my passion for N5

I support the two teams as i was born in Aberdeen, moved to Manchester when i was 3, then came back to Aberdeen for uni. Iv got a season ticket at Old Trafford, have been to all united home games this season except 4 and have now been to 6 away games. Due to me living in Aberdeen i struggle to make every game but i do try as often as possible to make them home or away. People may call me a glory hunter as I no longer live in Manchester but I lived their for 15 years, for me I was brought as a red and always will be a red.

I support Northampton Town because all of my family live there and i was born there but had to move away due to my Dads' job being moved. I also support Manchester United because they've been the only team to support in my mums side of the family since god knows when. In Scotland i like to look out for Hibs results, and i also like to see Tottenham doing well as i think they've got a great squad with some top British players.

Back