What Gooner said is true, but it's not difficult getting high possession stats,
though goals is a sacrifice.
Xavi, on the other hand, is a crafty little ****** to get right
I have great possesion now, and im scoring goals, so i have fixed it
Xavi has been passing from 60-120

Sounds good.
How many are you netting? And how many have you got Messi smacking in?

hi lg this tactic is only for top teams?
I have not tried it against smaller teams, so i cant say if it will work or not

Sounds good.
How many are you netting? And how many have you got Messi smacking in?
Just fixed everything, and im scoring about an avarage of 3 goals per match. Messi has scored 2 in 5, but David Villa scored 5 in 5, so all you do is switch their positions

Ah but messi always drops behind David Villa making forward runs, so having messi 'heading' the attack isn't the way they do play it, for a replicate tactic :p

I had the same problem, but then i brought Messi inside, AMCR Advanced Playmaker Attack, with no right winger, pushing alves as a wingback.

With the freedom for messi he sits more inside than to the wing anyway, always running along the defence looking for his gap, or going through them. Alves then brings up the width on that side, allowing messi to roam inside on his stronger foot, and if somehow forced wide, he has the option of alves. This also holds the opposition LB in position, not letting him track messi and backup the central defenders.

The biggest task i had was getting Xavi's passes up, as i said.

I also use a different shape to your tactic, as i don't buy that barcelona play a 4-5-1 formation. Having both LB and WBR push forward, the barcelona def mid tends to drop into a third central defender position, something else i have tried replicating, and although they don't actually sit at the same level in the match graphics, i think i have the idea worked out.

I must say i'm very impressed with the way you've got Xavi working, and the goals, i never could get that balance for sure!

I think i'm going to try and integrate your passing in my tactical shape, see what I come up with. Unless you have objections?

Nice tactic!

Oh and for those on about the high possession every match, barcelona have an average of 68% possession over the last 5 seasons, arsenal are second with 65%, but are much less effective!

Hello LG
Have you put the link of your modified tactic wich increase the possession and xavi activity ? or it's the first version ?

Hello LG
Have you put the link of your modified tactic wich increase the possession and xavi activity ? or it's the first version ?
I have not put V2 up yet, as im still looking for flaws in V1, but you can still download V1

hei fire when you release V2?and what attributes have for the player?

In the OP, you have said Messi - Trequartista - Support, but the trequartista is only available with an attack duty. Dont mean to be an idiot or anything.

Tactic looks good though

In the OP, you have said Messi - Trequartista - Support, but the trequartista is only available with an attack duty. Dont mean to be an idiot or anything.

Tactic looks good though
Sorry, thanks for noticing, i will change that right now.

ok thank's fire and mike, i start now a season with bari in serie A media prediction 15th

Most matches are like that, and if you look, its against big teams, so its not easy to have a huge possesion rate, but this is only V1 so i can still improve it after feed back

Of course it isn't easy, that's what makes it a challenge creating a realistic Barca tactic. (H)

The possession against Valencia and Sevilla away is still extremely low in terms of possession, you should be looking at 60-70% possession no matter what team you play. Possession is what defines Barca, so that's the most important part to get right.

It would be interesting to see how V2 performs. =)

V1.5

1278105613.png

La Liga Table:
View attachment 117376

Formation

View attachment 117377
Valdes – Sweeper Keeper/Defend
Puyol – Limited Defender/Defend
Pique – Ball Playing Defender/Defend
Abidal – Fullback/Support
Dani Alves – Fullback/Support
Sergio Busquets – Anchorman/Defend
Iniesta – Advanced Playmaker/Attack
Xavi – Deep Lying Playmaker/Support
Pedro – Inside Forward/Attack
Messi – Inside Forward/Attack
Villa – Trequista/Attack

Shouts:
Retain Possession
Pass to Feet
Work into Box

Match Preparation:
* Defensive Position
* Attacking Movement

Fix:
* Higher Possession Rate
* Xavi 60 - 100 Passes
* Higher Score lines (Kinda)

Screen Shots:

Fixtures
View attachment 117375

Xavi Passes
View attachment 117373 View attachment 117374 View attachment 117378

Dani Alves Movement/Passing
View attachment 117379 View attachment 117382

Eric Abidal Movement/Passing
View attachment 117380 View attachment 117383

Sergio Busquests Movement/Passing
View attachment 117381 View attachment 117384

As you can see Dani Alves, goes up and down the field feading the ball for the strikers or midfielders starting the play. Eric Abidal,The same feading the ball then going down a bit in case of counter. Sergio Busquests stays in the center and not that high trying to imply the Barcelona 3 CB, so hes staring near Puyol and Pique in the center.