Pep Guardiola - Barcelona Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter LGFIRE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 290
  • Views Views 216K
what version is this?

yea i noticed, and will change it once 11.2 is out

I havn't directly copy'ed your tactic. I have maked other settings for my self.. But this tactic i use, is closest to the v2 :)

Xavi is playing MC and hes role is Deep Lying Playmake - Support..

After a few games he is making 30-55 but it cant be much higher.
did u make changes to his position (tweak areas)
- is he the primary advanced playmaker?
- are you using the shouts?
which version did you download before fixing it to your liking?

did u make changes to his position (tweak areas)
- is he the primary advanced playmaker?
- are you using the shouts?
which version did you download before fixing it to your liking?

His main positions is MC
Yes he is.
What is shouts? :o
Dindt download any, did just looked at info you write. And that was v2

His main positions is MC
Yes he is.
What is shouts? :o
Dindt download any, did just looked at info you write. And that was v2
the match shouts
since you ddnt download anything go to Xavi's position and change this:
Passing Style - Short
Run With Ball - Rarely
Long Shots Rarely

the match shouts
since you ddnt download anything go to Xavi's position and change this:
Passing Style - Short
Run With Ball - Rarely
Long Shots Rarely

done now, will let you know how it goes when i tried a few match's :)

how many woodworks did you get per match ? because in every match my barcelona team get the wood by 2-3 times...every match !

how many woodworks did you get per match ? because in every match my barcelona team get the wood by 2-3 times...every match !
i hit the woodwork many times in matches, but like i said before no changes till 11.2 because its supposed to fix many of the mistakes

9th February, and still undefeated mate, thanks a lot for this tactic ;)
Are you playing as barca? maybe share your restults? Thank you for testing it out :D

ALT+F9

saves in your documents/sports interactive screenshots folder

I'm playing with Man. Utd. I have been undefeated and unconceded for a while aswell, but its just so shaky when scoring goals and getting wins. My match preparation is set to Attacking Movement. I'm always worried if i'll score or will i draw or even lose by conceding an unlucky goal. Sometimes i win luckily but usually i lose points when important moments arise. For example, I lost 4 points in 2 matches just five matches before the league ends.

Here are screens of those two:

I can win much more easier when playing with two traditional forwards, but i've been looking for ways to play passing oriented attractive football with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation, i haven't found consistent success so far. :S

@Manutd
well maybe its a denfensive error, idk i will take a look at that after 11.2

put screenshots of naything :D

Yea i have read the 11.2 patch info and it seems it might just be pefect, thank mike
I think that the possesion need to be fixed . With this tactic you have like 53:47 for your team and Barcelona usually has 65:35 :P

i would like to ask 3 questions.
1. how many crosses do you have per game, roughly? cause i hate headed goals from crosses, and they are definitely not barca style.
2. do your guys press instantly when they loose possession, or they get back into their defensive positions and wait?
3. why is pedro support, shouldn'tz he also be attack?

don't hold these questions as any form of criticisms, i'm just curious. frankly, i think you already did a great job...

i would like to ask 3 questions.
1. how many crosses do you have per game, roughly? cause i hate headed goals from crosses, and they are definitely not barca style.
2. do your guys press instantly when they loose possession, or they get back into their defensive positions and wait?
3. why is pedro support, shouldn'tz he also be attack?

don't hold these questions as any form of criticisms, i'm just curious. frankly, i think you already did a great job...
1. i am actually not sure, i think like 5-10 max a game
2. Yes, they press instantly
3. because, i see that he trys to get past the defense and dribbles more then shots

ok... it's time to check it out... please forgive me my mistakes... I'm Polish and that's why my English isn't perfect

I play FM 2011 with no patch installed.

first of all... I've changed some things... asked my team to play slower, placed Messi at the right wing as inside forward with attacking role and asked him to change his position with Villa

I couldn't use Xavi because he is suspended but instead of him I have Dani Parejo

Another fact is that I've played only one match so far so it's only my first feedback. I played with Bilbao and it didn't work well. Parejo had only 38 passes, I had only one clearout chance and only 9shots ( 1 long shot ). I won 2-0 but Bilbao was really dangerous and they had some opportunities to score. Iniesta and Parejo had issues with Bilbao's pressing and sliding tackles and it caused my defensive players some problems. Especially when my rivals took the ball around 30-40m from my goal and that effected in a few dangerous counter attacks. My CM looked like they have no one to pass the ball and vast majority of Parejo's passes was to Busi or defenders. Meybe my forwards are to far from CM ? Iniesta was out of the match ( 15passes only ) so as my forwards. Other problem was too many long passes done by my defenders.My possession was 57% but before Munian got a red card it was equal. I'll try to improve something but I've got to admit that I'm not the best in it so don't expect miracles.

Some questions about tactic:
1. Why defensive line is normal ? They should push harder.
2. Why have you chosen "control" ? Isn't it too defensive ?
3. Why fluid instead of very fluid ?
4. Don't you think that they play to fast ? Pep's Barca plays as slow as possible ( 90 seconds of passes before they strike ).
5. How about counter attacks ? You could find them useful ( Barcelona is very dangerous after they take the ball and start counter attack ).
6. What do you think about advanced fullbacks ( wingbacks ? I'm not sure how is it in English version) instead of fullbacks.

To sum up... I didn't crush them even after red card for Munian, I couldn't close them in their box and number of passes was too small. The only positive was passes accuracy ( 80%). And my problem isn't lack of training because this tactic is very similar to tactic I used to use before. I know it was only one match but for now it doesn't look so good for me.

EDIT:

After some next matches I can confirm almost everything I said before. Possession is higher and amount of long shots is bigger but nothing else has changed. And it's not because of my tactical changes... I use original V2 now. Xavi... 36passes witch Zaragoza.

http://hotfile.com/dl/89495887/4c912b5/barca5_(Barcelona_mar._2011).tac.html

Last edited:
Couple of questions what made you choose fluid alot of people including myself when replicating barcelona they choose balanced along with more expensive default tackling and more roaming but you decided to use default freedom and cautious.

Is Messi suppose to be AMR in v2

Last edited:
Back